Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Championship 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
littleSam
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Championship 2012   Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:17 pm

Well folks, there is alot of talk about the championship (mainly intermediate) on other threads....so I opened a new one with it just around the corner.

Here's the teams involved. Any predictions?

SENIOR: Confey, Balyna, Leixlip, Eadestown, Castlemitchell

INTERMEDIATE: St Laurence's, Sarsfields, Ballykelly, Maynooth

JUNIOR A: Naas, Kilcock, Kilcullen, Carbury, Clane

JUNIOR B: Athgarvan, Moorefield, Suncroft, Na Fianna, Rathangan, Robert Emmetts

JUNIOR C: Monasterevan, Athy, Round Towers, Celbridge, Castledermot, Ballymore Eustace

JUNIOR D: Milltown, Kill, Prosperous, Rheban, Kildangan/ Nurney

Since Maynooth will not be entering a team into the Intermediate Championship, do you think it is a pity that the other teams cannot play in the senior championship as they have done in previous years?
Back to top Go down
ballyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:50 am

For what its worth my pick is

Senior Confey

Intermediate St Laurances

Junior A Kilcock

Junior B Suncroft

Junior C Monasterevin

Junior D Rheban
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:14 am

Senior Confey

Intermediate St Laurences

Junior A Carbury

Junior B Na Fianna

Junior C Celbridge

Junior D Kildangan Nurney
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:20 am

Whats with teh Junior A,B,C and D. Thats seems a little mad to me. Some of them shoudl be joined up???
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:11 pm

I agree completely... sure there are only three intermediate teams. I wouldn't mind but there have been numerous restructurings of the championship. To be fair, you have a lot of new clubs and that's where it comes from but for ladies football, and the number of adult teams that exist, there shouldn't be more than four grades. It should be drawn up with an even number of teams and let them find their levels after that. Some teams won't field of course, when they don't have a chance - it's always harder to get the numbers out in those instances I know well - but sure that's happening anyway. And that's not a dig at Maynooth by the way, Anto has been on elsewhere explaining why they're not fielding this year. But it happens annually. Surely we all accept that having a three-team intermediate championship is just ridiculous, and a four-team one wouldn't make it a whole lot better.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:40 am

Confey for the senior?? The other night against leixlip, confey had a full strength team and leixlip were missing 7 players from last years winning team. however, leixlip led for the majority of the match and even led by 9 points at one stage. The only thing was confey scored a few goals, which allowed them back in the game. Other than those soft goals they would have been well beaten. They are not that good.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:03 am

Number of grades & championships: There were even more, Junior E was abolished (a competition for 2nd teams now has that name) and in Juniors B,C & D, both finalists are promoted so reducing numbers in lower grades faster. Not sure if its one or 2 promoted from Junior A.
Fair play to current County Board for taking this step in the direction Botch and others say things should be heading. There are big differences in standards so its not just one size fits all and the review for Developement Plan every 3/4 years will still be needed.

One difficulty is that in Ladies Football many players give up in late teens/early twenties so clubs that might be strong can suddenly find themselves dropping down the ranks or even unable to field.

A solution to this would be magic.

Back to top Go down
ballyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:16 am

Kelf what would you think of one of the three remaining teams in the intermediate being shafted to suit the other two ??
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:28 am

ballyboy is that shafted or shifted. Tell us more as I understood that once a team withdrew all other teams got an equal share of the points. I take it that something is happening to Ballykelly.
Hear there was a lively debate at last nights meeting, we are fast approaching ''Valley of the Squinting Windows' territory with respect to transfers.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:15 am

Ballyboy & See the stars: I have not heard anything on the Intermediate so I'm afraid I cant comment on something I know nothing about.

Bogus addresses for transfers are a long standing GAA trick. Remember seeing a Utility Bill in a name which I now know was also bogus !!!! It took a bit of arranging !!!!
A little bit of honesty all around would solve a lot of problems.

Ladies Football having the "Parish" Rule (yes it has a new name) while Kildare GAA dont causes a lot of confusion and false expectation. In most counties the GAA do operate the "Parish" so few outside Kildare understand the open recruitment in Kildare GAA.
Back to top Go down
ballyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Nothing untoward happening in Ballykelly, tipping along nicely fielding girls teams from u 7 up, senior team going through a bit of a transition, but still more than competitive. From what I am told county board after requesting the first round not be played because one of our players was on the county u 16 team, awarded the game to St Laurence last night because of the 7 day rule, completely ignoring the fact and misleading the delegates into believing it was Ballykelly's responsibliity to refixed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:21 am

I heard there was a lot of misleading being done by the so called County board. The chairman has been shown up for telling lies in relation to transfers. Fixtures have been changed again despite their guarantees earlier in the year.

How come they (the CB) can investigate certain recent transfers. Yet they won't look into the high profile players lying about their address in Narraghamore?

And then you wonder Ballyboy, why I give out about this mafia!
Back to top Go down
ballyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:11 am

Me and you don't often agree, but what happened the other night beggars belief, how they imagine the will get away with it is beyond me. To cap it all, one of the officers after overseeing the shafting of my club, threw a strop when his own was questioned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:42 am

What's rare is wonderful Ballyboy. That same officer has a lot to say about other clubs. Their current recruitment drive is very similar to the one they went on when setting up a few years ago. Players were brought in from everywhere.

I agree that transfers should be tightened up in this county. But if that's going to be the case, it must be accross the board and not just selective. The chairman and some of his cohorts have been caught now. Their treatment of clubs is not acceptable.

How can these lass expect clubs to adhere to & respect the fixtures calander when they clearly don't?
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:59 am

Lads and lassies the easy way to sort this out is if you don't feel you are getting a fair hearing, then take it to Leinster. A question on the 7 day rule-is it a bye law. As far as I understood Championship (not league) rules had to be as per the official guide, which gives no mention of a 7 day rule. It does seem a bit unfair to Ballykelly.
I don't know the finer detail of the townlands in South Kildare, nor do I particularly care, however everything should be both above board, and seen to be above board. If not, then the credibility of the county board suffers. If someone is using transfers to gain an advantage then it is wrong, plain and simple..

ballyboy, I've re-read the previous post and I'm not sure what you are on about, nobody said anything untoward happened in Ballykelly.
Back to top Go down
ballyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:25 am

STS, a bit unfair, the game the were referring to was called off by CB at the July meeting at the request of the u 16 manager, the request was related to the meeting by the Development officer and accepted by both clubs and then passed by the delegates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:33 am

With the All-Ireland final dates now pushed back to October. Will the CB have to change their fixture dates AGAIN? Is it not possible for this lot just to stick to the fixture plan they produced early in the year?

The shenannigans at the last CB meeting were an absolute disgrace. Proving yet again that this lot are no more than keystone cops. The fixtures sec was completely i nthe dark with some of the isues regarding fixtures. Rediculous.

And transfers pfffffffffffffffffffffftttttt. I will look forward to the next meeting when the Maynooth delegate is in attendance. That will really prove to everybody what they are like!

With a place in Leinster club championship at stake, I expect the Ballykelly appeal to Leinster will be dealt with quite swiftly. Otherwise it would be left on the long finger....
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:23 am

Well the 12 Leinster Club Quarter Finals ( in which the Senior, Intermediate & Junior A Champions are due to play) wont go ahead on 6th Oct.
Leinster Officers now intend changing the games, without consultation with the Counties or any clubs.
Lets hope the changes dont further mess up the Kildare Fixtures.

I dont know what Whitelass has in mind for the Maynooth delegate. An apology for missing the last meeting which left their player on her own ??????????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:57 am

Why do you complain about Leinster officers changing fixtures? The Kildare chairman is doing what he likes with fixtures. He and his Development officer clearly tried to convince clubs that final & semi final dates had not been changed.

Left the player on her own?? An apology? U really are having a laugh. I would hope the Maynooth delegate to expose the lies told in his absence!!
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:45 am

I was not talking about Kildare fixtures being changed and dont know if any were. What I'm pointing out is the danger of letting a few Leinster Officer change things in a way that might suit some people and be unfair to others (Like what was done in favour of Dublins Na Fianna last year.

U will have to update on what lies by whom about Maynooth.

Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 am

Folks, it's really hard to follow what is being written here, it's like a conversation between two people where no one else knows the context. i am not really privy to the inner workings of Leinster Council etc, can ye add a bit more information about what was changed or what the problem is.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:54 am

See The Stars

All 12 Leinster Club Championship Quarter Finals are scheduled (since last Jan) for Oct 6/7th.

In Ladies there is a rule that there cannot be club games played on All Ireland week-end which is now Oct 6/7th.

So the Leinster Senior, Inter & Junior Quarters have to be changed and with the Semis & Finals the following 2 week-ends ( and some winners then having to travel to the UK for All-Ireland Quarters) a move back to Sept 29/30th is possible & like in previous years some players may have arranged a holiday for that time which was to be free of club fixtures.

Now Leinster Officers say they will rearrange without a Leinster Council meeting ( so without Counties having any imput). Last year Leixlip were shafted in favour of Na Fianna so the 11 Clubs still in the running for Kildare Senior, Inter & Junior would need to take notice.

As to the Maynooth at County Board: I dont know whats being referred to.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Kildare county board got shafted? Oh dear. Live by the sword, die by the sword...
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Ogie: No Kildare County Board were not and further I did not say they were, so your spleen will have to wait another chance !!!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:46 am

Sorry Kelf, no you didn't say that, fair's fair. My spleen is so vented now that not even Ruby Walsh would take it.... I've got a feeling the Kildare ladies board will enable me to wring another last bit of life out of it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship 2012   

Back to top Go down

Championship 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next