Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kieren McGeeney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:17 am

Reports coming in that the executive committee recommended McGeeney to stay then four of them voted against him. If that's true I just don't know what to say.
Staggering even for Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Cranky
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:18 am

I hope your right Baba.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:20 am

The club delegates - I'm a club member no one asked me my opinion. Disgusted the way this has unfolded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:21 am

The players should revolt if the vote was 28/29 that close why dont they and why dont we as Kildare supporters come together and support Kieran McGeeney this cant be the end if we protest outside st conleths against the decision or let another vote take place as it was so close????
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:21 am

Why did they ask the journos to leave the meeting?

Everyone knew the vote was likely to be tight and we can make a fairly accurate guess at the arguments made on either side of the debate. Ordering the press out just seems petty.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:23 am

Thanks to Kieran for all his good work over the years he brought Kildare on from the dismal days that went before him. Unfortunately he never made that extra step to sealing some meaningful silverware and made very few concessions to the clubs, both of those factors contributed to him losing his position.

Kildare football is bigger than any one man. Those "supporters" claiming they'll pack in their support for Kildare gaa because of this should be ashamed of themselves.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:24 am

Dinny you know the score. No one asked, three or four lads making all the decisions for everyone else.

Eamonn Callaghan, the Kildare Captain just tweeted he was ashamed to be a Kildare player tonight. The Kildare captain said that for the world to see. This has legs yet.
Back to top Go down
Cranky
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:25 am

Geezer has been a victim of his own success so to speak. Sure we have fallen short against the big teams but at least we were knocking on the door year out.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:26 am

Gutted, stunned, demoralised by this..

May feel differently in the morning but I doubt it. I said on the other thread that he may as well go if he doesn't have decent backing and I'd stick by that.

We don't deserve him.

It has been a fascinating journey with this man - now we'll never know how it would have developed which is disappointing to put it mildly. I can see us crawling back cap in hand in 2 years time - as we did with Micko - but I wouldn't expect Geezer to give us the time of day if we do

So sad that this inevitably brings down the curtain on Johnny's career and possibly a few others.

Those who argued against the notion this was a transitional season will certainly be looking at transition next year. Not optimistic right now about the short term future.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:26 am

It does have legs and I will come out in full support to get any movement going for this to be reversed if the players strike like the cork players we should be there beside them protesting say the word lads and im there!!
Back to top Go down
White stars
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:28 am

The Fai wouldn't make a better pigs ear of things if they tried. I just can't believe it. Thanks a million for everything Geezer and sorry about the clown's you had to deal with in Kildare Gaa. I agree the players should revolt over this moronic and senseless decision.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:30 am

I'd say that's living in cloud cuckoo land - talk of strikes. You really think Geezer will hang around to wait for all that to work through ? No chance - he'll be manager of another team within the next month I'd imagine while we're back to square one.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:35 am

Relax everybody, Darragh O Se's name has been mentioned as a replacement so everything's fine.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:35 am

bag of white I have probably been to more O'Byrne cup matches with Kildare that you've had hot dinners, I wont have your ilk calling shame on me, I'll support Kildare but not the small minded little yappers that we witnessed tonight, go back to Sky football for your instant hit
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:37 am

Rex wrote:
Dinny you know the score. No one asked, three or four lads making all the decisions for everyone else.

Eamonn Callaghan, the Kildare Captain just tweeted he was ashamed to be a Kildare player tonight. The Kildare captain said that for the world to see. This has legs yet.
whatever the circumstances i think that is a ridiculous statement to make in public. No one person is bigger than a county.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:37 am

Can anyone tell me who these 29 are mooting as possible successors? Our captain has just tweeted that he's ashamed to be playing for the county, so this whole process does not strike me as a PR masterstroke.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:39 am

I wonder does McGeeney know he's sacked yet?

Someone ought to let him know.
Back to top Go down
MD
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:39 am

I hope a revolt occurs.. We need Mcgeeney more than he needs us.. He will get another big job.. I hope all the muppets are proud of themselves.. Ashamed of Kildare GAA tonight..

Thank you Kieran Mcgeeney you made me proud to support Kildare
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:40 am

Considering how quickly the news broke all over social media and on here, does anybody think the delegates / executive committee actually took the time to inform McGeeney of their decision before leaving the meeting and making the news public?

As amateurish as this seems to have been handled surely they would have had the decency to inform the man of the decision themselves instead of leaving him to hear it second hand?
Back to top Go down
jobluts
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:41 am

will you guys get real ,my god conor counihan left t cork job this year after guiding cork to an all ireland and some league success and he knew when t time to go was.as for geezer , he had u all eating out of his hand.I would have preferred if he just walked ,but im glad he is gone .as for admin here i think it is disgraceful u allow such low comments about g ryan j crofton and p nolan
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:41 am

I would like to thank Kieran for his six years with Kildare, we had some good days. I wish him the best of luck in whatever path he may choose to follow.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:46 am

Meath can rest easy, Kildare can fcuk things up even better than they can.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:48 am

Social media ablaze with protest, recrimination, fallout... Thank god there's a seemless succession plan in place. Er...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:48 am

Players should come together on this. Its clear they wanted mcgeeney at the helm. Look at twitter. As Emmet Bolton has stated '58 club delegates who have never seen us train went into a room tonight and decided what was best for us. They totally disregarded our 1/2
Opinions over the last couple of weeks. A disgraceful way to treat a man who put so much heart and effort into Kildare football. 2/2
Alan smith twitted 'Brainless fools'
If any of the players are reading this or read this forum. Do what yous feel is best. Dont be backed into a corner. Please do not take this decision lying down. Strike. There will be support behind yous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:50 am

Regardless of backlash, player comments, threats of withdrawing from Club Kildare and comments from players both from Kildare and other counties, current Intercounty managers, ex managers, coaches,
and legends of the great game his position is untenable and the fact is McGeeney will not be our manager in 2014.

I'm a passionate Kildare fan. Bitterly disappointed in tonight's decision. It feels like the immediate aftermath of the loss to Down in 2010. It is without doubt a huge step back for Kildare one that I have no doubt will haunt us in years to come. I truly believe that some of the delegates when they left that meeting tonight will only realise the decision they made was absolute madness in the coming days, which by then the shit has well and truly dried and caked in all over the walls.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   

Back to top Go down

Kieren McGeeney
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next