Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kieren McGeeney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:23 pm

You couldn't make it up if you tried, the barstool brigade can say what they like about 'moving on' and such dismissive crap but this is a very dark time for Kildare, I haven't felt as deflated since walking out of Croke Park in 1998.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:03 pm

Is this the same John McMahon who couldn't update the league table a few years ago? Safe hands!
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:31 pm

who would be brave enough to take on job now. will the county board back new manager 100 per cent.or will it be a year job with a review that seems to be the way forward for all nowadays the big problem will be money or lack of it that will decide who gets job
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Just curious, and forgive my ignorance.. But if a new Manager is proposed by JMCMahon (or whoever is shortlisting the new Man).. Do the Clubs etc get to vote on this aswell to ratify ?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:07 pm

It's my understanding that all such appointments have to be ratified by the board and usually go through without much fuss.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Yes new man will have to be ratified by the clubs to the best of my knowledge. I am open to correction on that though.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:11 pm

lillyboy wrote:
It's my understanding that all such appointments have to be ratified by the board and usually go through without much fuss.
Thanks for that.. as long as the majority agree I assume?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:15 pm

To my knowledge a new precendent was set two weeks ago so any new proposal should be sent out to the clubs for their 'soundings' ?
Back to top Go down
nuxer
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:22 pm

wonder if the county board will take their heads out of the sand and speak up now or are they waiting from a call from sarsfields first
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Nice nuxer... Or the IMF.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Lads expecting to match Dublin or in some fantasy world beat them when they have poured millions into their teams preparations and will continue to pour millions of Euros in and us without a pot to piss in and more money being withheld as heard on KFM this morning. One supporter in England who gave €20,000 will no longer contribute because of the actions of a few. We'll need a few bucket collections just to fill that hole.

I await the Leinster expected by some with bated breath. It's cloud cuckoo land they are living.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Fair play to McGeeney. Nice classy statement. He will be a big loss to us.

whiteknight wrote:
To my knowledge a new precendent was set two weeks ago so any new proposal should be sent out to the clubs for their 'soundings' ?
Not at all. There has been club votes on certain other issues in the past and it didn't become the norm then either. The changes to the rules in respect of Croke Park is an example I recall.

And even so, why shouldn't clubs be entitled to direct their delegates as they see fit?
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Baba, who on this forum expected a Lienster? Regardless of who is in charge we have a young team in transition who are going to take a few years to be at their best with a few of the old brigade retiring. I think players like Kelly, Hyland and Cribben are as good a prospects as any county have and maybe Flynn and Hurley to add to that list.
Don't kid yourself that McGeeney left the team in great shape. Dublin hammered us and it could have been a record score only for their poor finishing. That same Dublin team failed to hammer Meath, Cork and Kerry and indeed trailed two of those at half time. Does that not tell you something of our standing under McGeeney.
And insulting the CB is plain silly, almost half of them voted for McGeeney ffs. Had the vote been 29-28 the other way would any of you be calling for its removal or even votes of no confidence?
It was very badly handled and he deserved much better but he aint coming back. Do we close the door on Kildare football or move on and hope the next manager can be the one to achieve silverware. I'll still support Kildare when the O'Byrne Cup comes around in January.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:45 pm

Whoever the next manager is he will have a nightmare first couple of years.

First step for the new manager will be training the finest footballers in the county from being Mcgeeneys pumped up gym monkeys, back into the fine athletes they once were.

Remember lads, McGeeney took these fine players who were challenging for leinster titles, to the low status where they were annihilated and humiliated by a combined total of 29 POINTS by Dublin this year.

29 POINTS lads, 29 POINTS, it is a long road back from that kind of a low.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Blah blah blah me bollix

Ah sur give it to the 'legend' who couldn't win a game in Div 2. A single game.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:19 pm

stanley wrote:

First step for the new manager will be training the finest footballers in the county from being Mcgeeneys pumped up gym monkeys, back into the fine athletes they once were.

Remember lads, McGeeney took these fine players who were challenging for leinster titles, to the low status where they were annihilated and humiliated by a combined total of 29 POINTS by Dublin this year.

Funny but I missed that challenge for Leinster titles in 2008 -- how dd I miss that? As for "taking these lads" I think you may have missed it but it was a very different set of lads who suffered at the hands of the Dubs - because he saw fit to listen to the likes of us and bring in new blood from a very exciting Under 21 outfit - who by the way actually won a Leinster title THIS year under one Kieran McGeeney. But let's ignore that as it doesn't fit the script.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:51 pm

murof wrote:
Baba, who on this forum expected a Lienster? Regardless of who is in charge we have a young team in transition who are going to take a few years to be at their best with a few of the old brigade retiring. I think players like Kelly, Hyland and Cribben are as good a prospects as any county have and maybe Flynn and Hurley to add to that list.
Don't kid yourself that McGeeney left the team in great shape. Dublin hammered us and it could have been a record score only for their poor finishing. That same Dublin team failed to hammer Meath, Cork and Kerry and indeed trailed two of those at half time. Does that not tell you something of our standing under McGeeney.
And insulting the CB is plain silly, almost half of them voted for McGeeney ffs. Had the vote been 29-28 the other way would any of you be calling for its removal or even votes of no confidence?
It was very badly handled and he deserved much better but he aint coming back. Do we close the door on Kildare football or move on and hope the next manager can be the one to achieve silverware. I'll still support Kildare when the O'Byrne Cup comes around in January.
You are joking right. How many of you have trotted out the line six years and no silverware. Now you are not expecting silverware so which is it as it's hard to keep up.
McGeeney brought all those young players through because the likes of you where complaining not enough young players were being given a chance. When the inevitably fall against probably the best Dublin side for 30 years you spit the dummy out and want him gone.

Sky generation fan at it's worst.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Baba, I'm flattered you think I'm young enough to be a Sky generation fan. I grew up in an era of just one tv channel and have never had or will have Sky Sports in my home.
Its not hard to keep up with my argument although I admit I do pitch it at the level of the average member so that might explain it. I believe that with the current age profile of the squad it will take a few years to be really competitive again. Some players will retire, others will inevitably be passed over as not being good enough in the future. Thats football and we may have seen the best of some of the players who were stalwarts of the McGeeney period. Its not unreasonable to say we are in transition.
By the way I'm also flattered that McGeeney only brought in the young players because I complained!
I thought he was less fickle than that.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:32 am

stanley wrote:

Stanley the players dont want Glen, simple as. Ask the ones from your club.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:41 am

Westside wrote:
stanley wrote:

Stanley the players dont want Glen, simple as. Ask the ones from your club.
By Jaysus that is some sweeping statement to make / you have obviously asked each and everyone Eh?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:05 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
I am split 50/50 on the whole Kieran McGeeney issue but do have massive respect for the man.   The players who are out there on twitter posing their unhappiness with what happened last night will most probably be the same players who will be posting their delight when the next manager is appointed and stating that they can't wait to get back training, thats just the way it works.
As I said.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Kieran mc Geeney drew a line under it himself and told everybody to more or less move onwards Johney Doyle more or less said something similar on radio this morning with Clem on kfm im looking forward to see who can move the team forward in the next while as our new manager you live in hope
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Tommy Callaghan reckons Jason Ryan is the front runner for continuity. Would like Jason Ryan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:32 pm

What I got from the interview with JD and Callaghan on the radio this morning is that they are keen to move on from the debacle.

The players would like to sit down and have a voice in the appointment of the new manager, not exactly a say or vote. A voice.

JD also stated that the young players we have coming through have to be given the same opportunities and commitment from the county board going forward.

He was noncommittal on his own future and said he would decide in the new year.

What I would read into this is that the players will not accept some half arsed attempt at a new manager that would more than likely be forced upon them by the absolute morons and imbeciles that currently occupy positions on the County Board.

On that, I still find it hard to fathom that the County Board have yet to formally respond to the players statement. At the next County Board meeting I expect and want resignations.

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:38 pm

whiteknight wrote:
Tommy Callaghan reckons Jason Ryan is the front runner for continuity. Would like Jason Ryan.
So what would change ????????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   

Back to top Go down

Kieren McGeeney
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next