Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kieren McGeeney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:54 pm

What would change!? Jason Ryan would be manager for one no longer just a selector he would have the final say now and put his own stamp on the team and a new backroom fitness coach etc knows the set up and the lads a year now so long as its not Glenn Ryan im happy.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:04 pm

whiteknight wrote:
What would change!? Jason Ryan would be manager for one no longer just a selector he would have the final say now and put his own stamp on the team and a new backroom fitness coach etc knows the set up and the lads a year now so long as its not Glenn Ryan im happy.
Is this the same Jason Ryan that had the Dubs all but beaten a couple of years back with Wexford in Croke Park and then put everyman behind the ball for the last 20 minutes and got beaten themselves.

You might remember that this year we did not contest the Dublin kick outs and got hammered, wonder who's idea that was !!!!

I'm afraid we need some new thinking, don't know who, but someone new.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Jason Ryan won't be doing the job lads of that I'd be pretty certain
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:15 pm

whiteknight wrote:
Tommy Callaghan reckons Jason Ryan is the front runner for continuity. Would like Jason Ryan.
What in your opinion puts J Ryan so far ahead of G Ryan ??
The style of Football Wexford played under Him was so negative and defensive it was hard to watch.. Anyway the Guys heart is in getting the Waterford Hurling Job.. So why would He want us?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:15 pm

Obviously other candidates should be looked at im not saying it should be Jason Ryan and thats that im saying if it was him I wouldnt mind.
Hows the Glenn Ryan club this morning Kevin McStay been named last night kfm said mcstay was the favourite this morning,Tommy Callaghan giving Jason Ryan the node that tells you a story in itself Glenn is not the outstanding candidate.
We wont know who John McMahon will come up with but I dont agree at all with Glenn Ryan no thanks. Gaa 1928 name a few names there you think that would bring Kildare forward?

Last edited by whiteknight on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Folks I wouldnt be surprised to see Geezer in the Armagh Job.. Grimley has said openly, He was only there as a stopgap, and would be more than willing to step aside / work with Geezer as Manager..
You might want to start looking for B & Bs in Armagh City there WhiteKnight..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:52 pm

http://www.thestar.ie/star/they-sacked-the-best-man-for-the-job/

Have a read there of that sheamus many kildare fans had that view now McGeeney is not coming back end of.I wish him well in Armagh or any other county in the future.
What you need to do is to take off your Glenn Ryan goggles if he was the best man for the job he would have got it 6 years ago over a man that had no management experience at all.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:07 am

What experience had Glen 6 Years ago?
Wasnt Geezer already Senior Manager the same Year Glen was u21 Manager?
Maybe your right, maybe I do have Glen goggles on, and I hope He gets the Job.. But ill follow my County regardless of whose the Manager.. Will You ?, or will You be following Geezer?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:12 am

Move on my Friend.. Get over it.. I wish the Man well.. But as He said Himself, its time to draw a line and move on..
It was interesting to hear the comment my Mark O Shea last Night with Marty, when He said that a new voice in the Dressing room freshened things up, and made a huge difference to them winning back to back All Irelands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:27 am

Why do you think I have just said its time to move on McGeeney is gone end of??
Been honest I hope Glenn doesnt get the job and thats absolutley nothing personal Ive great respect for the man and he was one of the best Kildare players but for the Kildare management position at this point in time NO! I dont think he is what Kildare needs.The only reason I would see him get it is if every other good candidate rules themselves out becasuse of whats happened and he would be the only one that would take it.I will follow Kildare but like said before I will no longer be fundraising etc that im done with.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:40 am

The way its going HE might be the only one..
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:54 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
If that's the case expect retirements.

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:38 am

Westside wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
If that's the case expect retirements.

I have said all along that I think the criticism of Glenn's managerial record is harsh. But what Westside says is true. He just wouldn't be popular with the playres. Which is why I'm presuming that he's not under consideration at all. That's not to take into account that the only public utterance from the man himself, albeit a couple of months ago, was that he had absolutely no interest in management of any kind after six consecutive years.
Back to top Go down
White stars
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:07 am

If Jason Ryan wants the job then just give it to the man. An excellent manager who proved that with wexford. Its Jason Ryan for me, im not interested in the names of some rinky dink manager's being mentioned on here. Jason Ryan for Kildare. Thank you and good day Gents.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:22 am

heard glenn does NOT want kildare job MY MISTAKE

Last edited by fone on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:01 am

fone wrote:
heard glenn does want kildare job

If Glenn does take on the job, it will be because of one reason only, his passion and love for Kildare.

We all can see the county team, and Kildare supporters are at an all time low.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man, there is only one man who can lead us from this quagmire of desolation, and that man is Glenn Ryan.

A challenge to beat all challenges for our great captain and leader.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:02 am

He didnt have the stomach to manage a Round towers underage only a couple of weeks ago and now he thinks he has to stomach to guide Kidare out of the current mess keep Kildare in division 1 win Dublin win Leinster make a semi win over the players and win over some supporters???

Last edited by whiteknight on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:05 am

sorry  ment to say glen does not want kildare job sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:11 am

Good man Fone! Laughing I thought it was strange alright to go from saying you dont have the hunger to manage anyone after the past 6 years then wanting to take this job ( it will be a difficult one lads nobody can deny that) in such a short space of time.
 Somebody get ventilator's for stanley and sheamus quick. Smile 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:15 am

Rumour's are still strong that Mcgeeney is in for the Laois job. Remember the last time a successful Kildare manager left? Where did he go then? And remember the success in his first year.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:21 am

Yeah and I remember he ran out of the place at the end and doesn't have a lot of good to say about it since... I'd say McGeeney will be aiming higher myself.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:27 am

laois be a drop down in his standards
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:31 am

Crofter wrote:
Yeah and I remember he ran out of the place at the end and doesn't have a lot of good to say about it since... I'd say McGeeney will be aiming higher myself.
Ooh i don't know about that. I'd say Laois would be a challenge that he'd relish. The reliable source who told me this hasn't been wrong to many times. We shall await and see.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:21 am

If the story about Glen not wanting the job is true then give him credit for sticking to what he said before the CB vote. At the time he said it was McGeeney's job which was the correct thing to say. I have no idea what he would be like as a senior manager but he did really well with an U21 team that hasn't exactly shone at senior level.
As I and others have said it was badly handled and if we want some form of continuity then we should look at people who were involved in the set up. Apart from Jason Ryan one name that hasn't been mentioned much is Aidan O'Rourke who was around in our best period and has gained experience with Louth. We could do a lot worse than him.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:03 am

Not a bad shout Murof - seemed to be highly regarded in the squad. Had a decent enough year with Louth in the league and a great win against Laois Exile's rabble.. Championship fizzled out for them though in the heat in Newbridge when we crawled over the line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   

Back to top Go down

Kieren McGeeney
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next