Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kieren McGeeney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:51 am

This situation has been handled brilliantly. The players don't know what's good for them. Give McGeeney the boot and let loose an absolute shitstorm... brilliant strategy!
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:54 am

Least there'll be less to moan about on the fixtures front next year, club champs wrapped up before September?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:56 am

untenable? could he be not nominated again with the new nominations?
Sure walter them delegates knew what they were at I hope the players revolt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:02 am

I would presume he can reapply for the job again but if the man has any pride he will stay the hell away from Kildare.

You get one shot. We used it on our foot.

Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:02 am

A strike? a fucking strike? christ almighty a bit of perspective lads. The cork hurlers are still hated by most GAA people around the country over their actions.

McGeeney being a man of obvious principle will not associate himself in any shape or form with a player strike, nor will he want to go back to a rocked boat. Mark my words a very strongly worded statement will follow from geezer which will very much draw a line under the issue. Its over lads

Would echo the sentiments here, unbelievably grateful to the man for his service over the past 6 years. Where that man has taken Kildare in terms of professionalism and commitment to the white jersey is unparalelled and his legacy will be the wealth of medals in the arse pockets of the current 17-22 year olds in 5/6 years time please god.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:03 am

There's no doubt we have progressed since McGeeney took over in 2008 but it's time for change now in my opinion.

Whatever the decision was tonight some people weren't going to be happy but we need to accept it and get behind the team again next year, whoever the manager is.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:05 am

Can't believe it came down to the clubs deciding this in the first place.lost the best possible manager out there.Kildare have taken a huge step back letting the clubs decide this cause the county board don't have the balls to make a decision themselves
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:11 am

Loads of Pints wrote:

Would echo the sentiments here, unbelievably grateful to the man for his service over the past 6 years. Where that man has taken Kildare in terms of professionalism and commitment to the white jersey is unparalelled and his legacy will be the wealth of medals in the arse pockets of the current 17-22 year olds in 5/6 years time please god.
I would agree... only as Blackadder says, there's one slight flaw in the plan - it's bollocks. The players are in complete uproar, there will be a media shitstorm for the next few weeks, there are no nascent Mourinhos / Fergusons in sight... but hey, 29 geniuses in the county board know what's best for all of us, so got to bed everybody.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:13 am

Also, the Cork hurling team are "hated"... Wtf?
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:15 am

Crofter, what if the new manager is Neil Warnock. Or worse, Darragh O'Se.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:15 am

I think John McMahon should resign this whole thing was handled badly from start to finish not competent to run the show right and make the right decision for the future of Kildare football.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:16 am

Zlatan wrote:
Can't believe it came down to the clubs deciding this in the first place.lost the best possible manager out there.Kildare have taken a huge step back letting the clubs decide this cause the county board don't have the balls to make a decision themselves
They'd no choice. Per the official guide the full county board including club delegates controls management and selection of inter county teams.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:16 am

Whiteknight, you're wrong I'm afraid... this has all been handled masterfully.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:22 am

What's a realistic ambition to have of any new manager?

If we don't retain our status in Division One, beat the top teams in the championship and go a or two step further than we did over the last few years; winning Leinster or reaching an All Ireland final are we going to see clubs vote out that manager too?
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:24 am

if_in_doubt wrote:

If we don't retain our status in Division One, beat the top teams in the championship and go a or two step further than we did over the last few years; winning Leinster or reaching an All Ireland final are we going to see clubs vote out that manager too?
Well how many years did they give Mcgeeney before they "kicked him out"?
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:27 am

if_in_doubt wrote:

We are in a period of transition and we cannot expect too much from the new manager. If we can retain Division one status and perform well in our championship games next year I would be happy enough. Realistically with the age profile of the under 21s and the minors coming through, we are looking at a five year plan for any success with the new management team.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:33 am

bag of white wrote:
Well how many years did they give Mcgeeney before they "kicked him out"?
Well to be honest I'd be surprised if the next incumbent were to last six years without "winning" anything.

Is it reasonable to suggest the expectations people would have had for next season before tonight are higher than they were back in 2007 after Crofton resigned?

stanley wrote:
We are in a period of transition and we cannot expect too  much from the new manager. If we can retain Division one status and perform well in our championship games next year I would be happy enough. Realistically with the age profile of the under 21s and the minors coming through, we are looking at a five year plan for any success with the new management team.
I'd probably agree with that, whoever does come in needs to be given a good bit of time to allow the young lads come through gradually.
Back to top Go down
White stars
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:33 am

We're looking at a 5 year plan? Jesus what's this Joseph stalin's Soviet Union.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:35 am

Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:37 am

All I can say is, there better be one hell of a shortlist of potential replacements.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:47 am

stanley wrote:
if_in_doubt wrote:

We are in a period of transition and we cannot expect too  much from the new manager. If we can retain Division one status and perform well in our championship games next year I would be happy enough. Realistically with the age profile of the under 21s and the minors coming through, we are looking at a five year plan for any success with the new management team.
Are you serious. You have been banging on about how we have the players but the manager is not the one to bring the forward. Now we are suddenly on a five year plan with the team in transition. You are a complete bluffer.

"The players aren't the problem lads". You said that on August 23. IF the players are not the problem why are you bullshiting about five year plans and transitional teams. I'll tell you why, you had an agenda against McGeeney now he's gone you are doing a complete u-turn.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:48 am

I am getting an "Article not found" response to the link-----

http://kildaregaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2703:kildare-gaa-statement&catid=203:mens-news&Itemid=145

Was there a statement there  and has it been pulled ???????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 am

Well if he doesn't make an all Ireland quarter final apperance in his first year in charge like mcgeeney did. Then thats a failure in year one. Hard boots to fill. Good luck to him trying to get that dressing room behind him going by twitter tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:51 am

yeah statement three or four sentences...
Following the September monthly meeting of Kildare GAA, Kildare Clubs voted not to continue with Kieran McGeeney as Kildare Manager.

The Management thanked him for his service to the county over the last six years.

His dedication, Commitment, Professionalism and attention to detail was acknowledged.

Kildare GAA would like to wish Kieran well for the Future
What a joke!
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:52 am

kelf wrote:
I am getting an "Article not found" response to the link-----

http://kildaregaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2703:kildare-gaa-statement&catid=203:mens-news&Itemid=145

Was there a statement there  and has it been pulled ???????
Yeah must have been pulled so.

Edit - Whiteknight got it in full. Pretty pure doesn't cover it really.

whiteknight wrote:
Well if he doesn't make an all Ireland quarter final apperance in his first year in charge like mcgeeney did. Then thats a failure in year one. Hard boots to fill. Good luck to him trying to get that dressing room behind him going by twitter tonight.
I'd imagine that the only way somebody could win around a dressing room like that from the off would be if they were either already involved or a highly respected past player. Pity neither of the Ryans are in a position to take it on...

Last edited by if_in_doubt on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   

Back to top Go down

Kieren McGeeney
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next