Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kieren McGeeney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:20 pm

whiteknight wrote:
Obviously other candidates should be looked at im not saying it should be Jason Ryan and thats that im saying if it was him I wouldnt mind.
Hows the Glenn Ryan club this morning Kevin McStay been named last night kfm said mcstay was the favourite this morning,Tommy Callaghan giving Jason Ryan the node that tells you a story in itself Glenn is not the outstanding candidate.
We wont know who John McMahon will come up with but I dont agree at all with Glenn Ryan no thanks. Gaa 1928 name a few names there you think that would bring Kildare forward?
If we're leaving it to John McMahon and Martin Whyte to come up with candidates Bobo the clown will be manager with Doink and Dink as his selectors.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:24 pm

i think its sad to see so many kildare people knock glen ryan who gave his county unbelievable service as both a great footballer and leader on the park he is a proud man and i would say what he says he means no current player in his ilk at the moment we are crying out for a C B of his stature
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:33 pm

I don't think anyone doubts Glen as a person Moatey- and there's certainly no need for anyone to be disrespectful to a playing legend. The doubts are around his ability as a manager. I know some Longford supporters and I've been surprised by how highly they rated him despite the poor 2013 record. Their expectations are lower than ours of course. If Glen gets the job I'll be willing him to be a success. It just seems to be quite a gamble.. But based on johnsmyths input earlier a gamble seems to be the Plan B anyway ie. change for change's sake.

Hopefully the CB will do their job effectively and find us the man who can improve us more than the prior management would.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:57 am

i agree with you lets get new man in now and start afresh
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:45 pm

moatesports wrote:
i agree with you lets get new man in now and start afresh

The sooner the better we get a new manager, and put all the nonsense behind us for once and for all.

Onwards and upwards.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:57 am

Rumours - and I stress that's all they are at the moment - that McGeeney will rock up as No 2 in Donegal.

Those saying he wouldn't take on a No 2 having been main man, know nothing about him at all and are too caught up in the cult of the manager in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:02 am

Ogie wrote:
Rumours - and I stress that's all they are at the moment - that McGeeney will rock up as No 2 in Donegal.

Those saying he wouldn't take on a No 2 having been main man, know nothing about him at all and are too caught up in the cult of the manager in the first place.
Those rumours, like so many, are well wide of the mark!!
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:19 am

McGeezer as No.2 to McGuinness - Jesus, that's almost frightening. I'd fancy a rejuvenated Donegal to put the Dubs to the pin of their collar in 2014.

Honestly, it's what we'd deserve after stabbing the man in the back. Meanwhile, we're going to be stuck with one of either Jason Ryan, Glen Ryan or Kevin McStay FFS Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:56 am

A more 'believeable' whisper is that he will link up with Armagh again in some capacity
Back to top Go down
White stars
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:08 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
McGeezer as No.2 to McGuinness - Jesus, that's almost frightening. I'd fancy a rejuvenated Donegal to put the Dubs to the pin of their collar in 2014.

Honestly, it's what we'd deserve after stabbing the man in the back. Meanwhile, we're going to be stuck with one of either Jason Ryan, Glen Ryan or Kevin McStay FFS Rolling Eyes
You were doing good there making some good points until you had a wee dig at Jason Ryan. Still i'll give you a generous 8/10.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:31 am

I dunno... Ryan's big claim to fame is getting his team to an AI semi and running Dublin close twice. Pretty much what Geezer achieved, without the consecutive quarter finals, Div 1 status, All Stars or U21 Leinster.

Not to say he wouldn't be a decent appointment considering the dire circumstances, but I'm not convinced he'd be an improvement on McGeezer.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:56 am

2 Leinster finals and an All-Ireland semi isn't bad going for Wexford all the same. He seemed to get the best out of the players there which is key.

You'd like to think he could do better with the (hopefully) better quality players in Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:57 am

KILL BILL wrote:
A more 'believeable' whisper is that he will link up with Armagh again in some capacity
Wouldn't rule it out; seems a good fit and with Grimbo happy to step aside next year at the end of next year's campaign, he could take over (although Aidan O'Rourke might have an interest too, along with Justy and Enda McNulty - they might all do it together as a Dream Team - with Francie looking after the defence!)
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:26 pm

there seems more interest in where k mcgeeney takes over than our job i know where my loyalties are lets get kildare back up on the horse
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:33 am

moatesports wrote:
there seems more interest in where k mcgeeney takes over than our job i know where my loyalties are lets get kildare back up on the horse
Yeah, I've a huge interest interest in where he goes next. Have a huge interest in who the next Kildare manager is too. But can do nothing about getting Kildare back up on the horse.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:53 am

thats where my loyalties lie a fresh start for new manager and backroom staff and you wont feel it untill obyrne cup games start
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:45 pm

I presume all supporters are the same
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:26 am

you bet eaten bread and all that
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:16 am

Interesting reading back through this thread. A lot of lads embarrassed by their posts now I would expect.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Can we have him back?
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:56 pm

LillieLad wrote:
Can we have him back?
he with armagh now he will not come back move on , armagh are in better state than kildare in armagh they are talking about winning allireland next 2 years
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:59 pm

You're a great man to look back in anger Baba but why not look back instead at the poll taken in aug 13 before McGeeney was fired. The majority wanted to keep the manager but with a change in his backroom team. I personally would have been delighted with that option.
A lot of comment since has been in anger and not all of it wise. We all wish McGeeney well but he was never going to come back. Why rake it all up again other than to gloat? Let it go and this forum will be a better place for it.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:47 pm

Because it highlights what a complete balls up some people have made of the County. Those same people are still in positions of power within the County.

It also highlights the grass is greener supporter who didn't realize how good we had it.

It's with incredulity I have read social media this week. Supporters who danced with delight that McGeeney was dispensed with suddenly having reality kick them where it hurts. They now have the Kildare team that their wishes warranted.

A certain player made crass remarks about McGeeney and Julie Davis. This player has done exactly what McGeeney new he would i.e damn all. But Ryan has him in there although he can't seem to start in a team who are utter dross. What does that tell you.

So highlighting this shows exactly what kind of County we are. Basically a bunch of backstabbing cretins with the odd genuine Kildare GAA supporter in the middle.

By the way I called Ryan as a spoofer last March. I got torn apart by some in here, but I knew what I knew and stood firm on my opinion. If others had actually looked at what was in front of them instead of dismissing things because Ryan was not McGeeney we would be in a better place.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:32 am

Do you not realise it was the clubs who got rid of Kieran Mcgeeney? Successive Co Boards bent over backwards for him. Mcgeeney did not realise power clubs had and got done in a coup because of apparent dusrespect shown towards the clubs. Lot of shit written here about a nameless Co. Board.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:57 am

Ah here Baba you have too much time on your hands and seeing as you do can you point us to posts where people 'danced with delight' after Geezer was ousted.
If you can I say fair enough. Also if anyone here defended Ryan they are labelled his cheerleaders and obviously against McGeeney.
FYI Kieran McGeeney is Armagh manager, let's worry about Kildare. For the record I am not usually one to go for the extreme but I think Ryan should get the boot.
Your post has the childish nature of I Told You So! Whoop de fuckin do...
So we sack Ryan mid-season (which is in line with our back stabbing cretinous ways) then what do we do? Give us your constructive exit startegy and plan for the coming two years?
I know I'm going to reget posting this as I'm going to have a target on me but if you can hold off on coming back attacking me and seriously give me an exit strategy and a two year plan.
I'll start a new thread on this... Once again I hope you don't simply come back and attack me I'm just annoyed that people are ranting and not coming up with anything constructive for the past while here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   

Back to top Go down

Kieren McGeeney
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next