Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kieren McGeeney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:12 am

I'll point you in the direction of the rogue members of the executive committee that went against the majority of the committee wishes.

A dysfunctional CB has this whole sad episode on their shoulders. Remember only last week the new Chairman gave Ryan his full backing. The ultimate in poor timing.

Flamingo I don't need time. Two minutes reading this thread is all I need to do.

As for a plan I have stated on another thread. Ryan to be removed, Murphy to be given the seniors alongside the U21's until the end of what will be a short year.
Syl Merrins had a bit of vision when picking McGeeney, ask him to set up a three man committee with no interference from the top table and select a manager.
Set goals if they are not reached review managers performance.
Kildare GAA as a whole needs to create a plan for the next five years for guidelines and targets for finances, grants, marketing and strategic personal placements.
By getting the off field arrangements right the on field improvement will follow.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:24 am

fone wrote:
LillieLad wrote:
Can we have him back?
he with armagh now  he will not come back move on   , armagh are in better state than kildare   in armagh they are talking about winning allireland next 2 years
Haha I was only taking the piss tbh although I would give anything to have him back.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:29 am

Baba started a new thread there if you want to add in the suggestions...fair enough I just don't want it all going backwards all the time on here...
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:26 pm

Not going so well with Armagh, looks like he had better footballers in Kildare and begs the question did he under achive?

For the record I was a fan but thought it was the right time for him to move but it was a complete shambles in how it was done.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:05 pm

He's not getting it easy up there that's for sure. I to was a fan but unlike yourself Dunny I thought he should have be given another year as I feel the team be built needed rebuilding because here we are 3 years later and we're saying that it going to take time to build a team.
I think he over achieved considering he got no support from the county board.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:14 pm

Ah lad's. Don't do this again.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:32 pm

I agree Seamus let's park this. I only get vexed.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:50 pm

This has been a roaring success anyways bounce
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:59 pm

When you look back on the Johnston thing five years on... what the f*** was McGeeney thinking?
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:14 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
When you look back on the Johnston thing five years on... what the f*** was McGeeney thinking?

Madness in reflection. Speaking of SJ most of us were probably there in the qualifiers when he took awful abuse from the Cavan supporters, yet he's gone back and is having a good league campaign. Wonder is he still getting the same abuse now.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:39 pm

Standing ovation when he came off against Meath apparently. Obviously short memories up in Cavan. Good luck to the lad though
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:54 pm

Seanie thing didn't bother me at the time but there's no doubt it ended up being a debacle.

Was difficult for him to settle in as he was targeted by opposition players and supporters. In particular, the Dublin fans' booing of him in Croke Park was disgraceful. Meanwhile, they have a Cork man coaching the hurling team and Meath and Kildare players in their current U21 squad. Anyway, glad to see Johnson's doing well again in a Cavan shirt, it shows what he could have brought to Kildare.

Re Geezer, was actually thinking about this recently. Although I didn't always agree with his tactical and personnel decisions, I think he got close to the maximum out of that group of Kildare players. Joe Brolly had a good article on him a couple of years ago, said that although he is the proverbial very good manager, he'll never ascend to greatness. I actually agree with that.

Having said that, I felt he deserved another year. My belief at the time was that Jason Ryan was not as good and, in my opinion, that was proved to be correct. But don't mention the war etc!
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:21 am

Geezers fall from his ivory tower doesn't suit a lot of argument here. His tenure in Kildare was mixed but the SJ affair was his biggest blunder. Not playing him after all the shenanigan's made no sense. He also blundered in not targeting a Leinster title rather than an All Ireland campaign, 2010 against Louth springs to mind. Who here wouldn't have taken a Leinster first?. If Ryan had overseen the u21 semi he would have been slaughtered and rightly so but again geezer got a relatively easy ride.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:46 am

Came very close to an AI in 2010 as Cork were very beatable in the final. Tactics and reacting to things going badly during a game were his weak points.
There is no doubt he put a huge effort into Kildare in his time here. We should all wish him well with Armagh, its early days yet for them.
We have a manager now who has the potential to be very good. Lets concentrate on that.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:50 am

Smokey will you please please tell me why you think he didn't concentrate on a leinster title in 2010?. Louth beat us fair and square. Made a mistake taking off Padraig O Neill.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:28 am

In fairness, that was a very good Louth team, should have been Leinster champions that year only for one of the most scandalous refereeing decisions of all time. It's no consolation to them, but probably a lot of people do think of them as being the true Leinster champions of 2010.

We had our own bad calls v Dublin, Donegal and Down in 2010/11, but the decision to award that goal - OMG!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   

Back to top Go down

Kieren McGeeney
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22