Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

As it stands do you back Jason Ryan to continue as manager
Yes - He's building a team and needs time.
8%
 8% [ 5 ]
No - He was a wrong choice, replace now.
25%
 25% [ 15 ]
Until end of season and assess again.
52%
 52% [ 32 ]
Until end of season and replace
15%
 15% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 61

AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:15 pm

Crofter wrote:
Lads, Tomas can neither solo the ball, kick pass or score points from 40m out. Apart from that he's just perfect for 11.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Crofter, not sure whether to Laugh or Cry Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:26 am

Be interesting to see if the "until the end of season and assess again" people have retained their patience since a few weeks ago.  I remain firmly in the "why waste time - get rid now" camp. There's at least some hope a new manager might galvanise us enough to get 2 wins - there's absolutely no chance of it happening with the current set up.

Here's what I said on February 9th and no reason to change my tune now:

" We can improve the off-pitch situation and I believe this week is time to let Ryan go, otherwise the season won't be salvageable. But finding on-field leaders is going to be more difficult and finding lads who don't leave their brains in the dressing room is another issue."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:09 am

Paul Grimley
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:12 am

Have a lot of time for Grimley but didn't he succeed in achieving exactly the same disaster as Ryan is about to befall upon us last year with Armagh ?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:41 am

Didn't Grimley leave us in 2009 because of the commute from Armagh? It's very unlikely he'd want to come back to us now, particularly the state we're in.

Sacking Ryan would be the easy part. Getting a quality replacement who is available mid season and would be willing to take over would be a lot more difficult. It's not as attractive a job as it seemed a couple of years ago. I think it's highly unlikely the county board would sack Ryan during the season anyway.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:48 am

Glen Ryan permanently, Brian Murphy temporarily for two games - there's two reasonable options to start with JohnnyC.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:02 am

Crofter wrote:
Glen Ryan permanently, Brian Murphy temporarily for two games - there's two reasonable options to start with JohnnyC.
glen say no to kildare job last time
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:58 am

Didn't realise he was offered it. Besides that was 18 months ago.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:13 am

Crofter wrote:
Didn't realise he was offered it. Besides that was 18 months ago.
county board will not
match what he was getting in longford

Last edited by fone on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:18 am

Is that a statement or question or what Fone?
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:19 am

Jaysus I hoped the rot had stopped after Cavan but I was chatting a few lads who described the second half today as a shambles and a total capitulation.
Hands up here who hasn't gone OTT at times here but these two lads are very moderate and are not arsed with forums, etc. Thats why I was v surprised to hear them advocate the nuclear option and give Ryan the boot now.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:33 pm

Have to get rid now we need to save our season I just hope the county board grow a pair of balls and do the right thing for a change. I think Tony McEntee would be ideal. Pretty sure Glen wasn't offered the job either Fone.
Back to top Go down
Cill Dara Mick
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:08 pm

Niall Carew and Tony Kelly are the only people that can bring Kildare back to the Golden years we all dream about.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:10 pm

A time machine is the only thing that will bring us back to the 'Golden' years
Back to top Go down
Cill Dara Mick
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:14 pm

I want to see the day that we all cheer on the open top bus down the streets of newbridge.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 pm

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon Today at 10:41 pm Select/Unselect multi-quote Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Incompetence is at the root of the Kildare problem. Incompetence at County Board level; incompetence at management level and incompetence on the pitch. Incompetence breeds disinterest - thus the falling numbers of supporters.
In previous bad times people still supported Kildare in numbers - not any more, it seems. Of course, a dozen supporters will have a dozen solutions - as they will in every county - but one thing you could say for McGeeney and O'Dwyer was that they had passion for the job, the team and the county, and that they engendered that passion in the players.
When Micko took over, if memory serves me, we had lost to Kilkenny. It took him a few years and a second coming but from the moment he arrived he got the players to start out on the road to belief and he ignored the gobshitery of some elements of the County Board and the gobshitery among some elements of the team.
Barring a miracle, we are bound for Division 3 and, it's obvious that Jason Ryan - who seems to be a decent man for whom I've no personal dislike -is struggling not only on the pitch but off the pitch. I doubt very much he has the respect of this severely incompetent team.
What we need now is a leader who will at least lead from the front, rather than a shepherd who seems to be herding from the back. I've said it before on this forum - passion in the leadership allied to competent training will bring at least some modicum of pride back to the jersey.
One thing I do agree with Jason Ryan on is the woeful and inept play of many of the Kildare players - yesterday they were mired in incompetence and blind-alley syndrome. They lack speed of foot and speed of thought but they also lack passion, the greatest crime in my eyes.
The leadership of the County Board is inept; the management is inept or ineffective and the players are wallowing in mediocrity - on good days.
Arses need to be kicked.
When Micko was invited in, the invitation came from certain supporters - not from the County Board. I'd rather face the championship with a passionate, committed arse-kicking manager who took no bullshit from those on the County Board or the team than the current crop of pseudo-managers/administrators and players. But then this is Ireland....no one ever resigns.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:35 pm

Not arguing with any of that but if the Co Board do decide to pull the pin now who is to say the new man in, be it interim or otherwise, will be any good or if he will be given decent resources...
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:44 pm

So easy to sack a manager but a lot more difficult to get a better one mid season and with our current profile. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try but why would a top name like McEntee want anything to do with us at the moment?
Ideally Ryan should do the decent thing and resign and let someone like Murphy take the rest of the season and start afresh with younger players. We would still lose but at least we would be losing with players who will get a lot better in the coming years.
Wont mention any names but a few of our senior players let themselves down yesterday which is a pity after the service they gave.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:06 am

What has Murphy done at senior level?? Minor Intercounty and Senior intercounty are chalk and cheese.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:21 am

I would much rather him managing us than Jason Ryan. Atleast he knows and has managed a lot of the players already. The players will also know him and respect him. I would rather Tony McEntee though he's managing in Dublin too so he'd be willing to travel I think he'd come we aren't as bad as this and the players can improve!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:41 am

Having had the night to think about it we are in a situation that I don't think can be rectified by Jason Ryan being sacked or resigning. That does not mean that we should not act on it but our situation won't change by him being removed. There are a number of reasons for this.

Everyone has their own ideas as to how they would like to run things. We have a backroom team in place that Ryan has assembled. You change the man at the top, this would also have to be changed.
A clearout. The set up is toxic and needs to be gutted.

Fitness/S&C coaches are obviously not up to much. They have to go also. Possibly physios and massage personnel. Basically a clear out from top to bottom. Are all these contracted be it verbally or officially and require pay offs for whatever moneys they are receiving? Who knows with our county board.

The season is a write off that there can be no doubt. I cannot see us winning either of our remaining games in the League. what we have to show from the league a win against a 14 man Cavan.
Not ideal preparation for Championship.

Brian Murphy to take control now probably isn't a runner. We want him to be focussed on the u21's.

Anyone else coming in now at this late stage would have little or no knowledge of the set up and realistically have no time to put in place a backroom team and prepare for championship. It's best to let JR and his merrymen see out the year. Then a complete clean sweep from top to bottom of backroom team including runner , players reps, S&C coach, physio, nutritionist ect. It'll be a short summer. We'll have plenty of time to pursue a suitable candidate and for him to put in place his team around him.

This time lets do it right and get the right team in place to prevent the rot becoming a cancer.
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:44 am

Freddy - the problem may be even deeper. Who will do the clearout and make the new appointment? The County Board ....sweet Jesus save us from the installed incompetents....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:07 am

tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:
Freddy - the problem may be even deeper. Who will do the clearout and make the new appointment? The County Board ....sweet Jesus save us from the installed incompetents....

What is our options . County Board are elected by the club's. Delegates are put forward by clubs which elects the executive committee.

Executive just elected before Christmas. As much as I'd love to we can't rip up the GAA constitution .

We can only hope Ger Donnelly is competent and can take control
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:24 am

I accept that point .....I think, though, it may require someone with clout and a vision to sit some people down at the Co Board table down and say: "Ladies and Gentlemen, you're overseeing a sinking ship.....here's what we need to do...." It's a vicious spiral downward at the moment....poor performances; relegation; falling gate receipts; early championship exit ................
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:28 am

Glen was never offered the Job the last time, mores the pity.

Jason wont resign Folks, no chance, but imo He should absolutely be Sacked, and Murphy / Rainbow / Lacey brought in to clean up this shambles, until whats left of this disaster of a Season.. The u21 Championship dosent last to long anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   

Back to top Go down

Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next