Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

As it stands do you back Jason Ryan to continue as manager
Yes - He's building a team and needs time.
8%
 8% [ 5 ]
No - He was a wrong choice, replace now.
25%
 25% [ 15 ]
Until end of season and assess again.
52%
 52% [ 32 ]
Until end of season and replace
15%
 15% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 61

AuthorMessage
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:32 am

Makes for very sad reading ....and Laois and Galway have that game in hand.....as do Meath and Roscommon.....

1 DOWN 5 4 1 0 91 73 8
2 MEATH 4 2 1 1 63 54 5
3 ROSCOMMON 4 2 1 1 72 69 5
4 CAVAN 5 2 2 1 65 67 5
5 GALWAY 4 2 2 0 67 65 4
6 WESTMEATH 5 2 3 0 69 86 4
7 LAOIS 4 1 2 1 58 61 3
8 KILDARE 5 1 4 0 78 88 2
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:50 am

If he was to be sacked, how would that come about? Could Ger Donnelly do it off his own bat, have the county board executive the power to do do it on their own or would it take a full county board meeting where all the delegates have to vote?

I'd tend to agree with Freddy, it would be nearly impossible for somebody to come in at this stage of the season, install a whole new backroom team and expect them to improve our fortunes. Much as it hurts, it looks as if we have to write off this season and get the right man in for next season.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:42 am

JohnnyC wrote:
If he was to be sacked, how would that come about? Could Ger Donnelly do it off his own bat, have the county board executive the power to do do it on their own or would it take a full county board meeting where all the delegates have to vote?

I'd tend to agree with Freddy, it would be nearly impossible for somebody to come in at this stage of the season, install a whole new backroom team and expect them to improve our fortunes. Much as it hurts, it looks as if we have to write off this season and get the right man in for next season.

Perhaps we can't change the whole back room team with two weeks until our next game but we could certainly change the man at the helm and make the deeper changes after the Galway match. The under-21's are not as important as the senior team so Brian Murphy with or without his back room team must be an option for the next 2 games surely. We wouldn't be the first county to do so before the league is over even if it's rare. But sometimes desperate measures require desperate means.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:56 am

JohnnyC - I accept that it's unlikely the Co Board will fire Jason Ryan. But I'd rather we played the championship under a caretaker manager than with a manager who has all but taken the team from Div 1 to Div 3 during a short tenure. I'd like to see some of the team decamp with him - as in those who seem to have neither the commitment nor the ability to play for the county.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:00 am

I don't remember off the top of my head a manager leaving or being removed from his position during the league.

Can someone enlighten me?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:05 am

Ironically, Brendan Hackett in Westmeath Freddy or do you mean in Kildare?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:21 am

What's your opinion Tommy on removing JR now rather than May/June.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:29 am

Didn't Offaly have at leslast one change during the league (Richie Connor?) ? Anyway there's a first time for everything. We're missing Callaghan, Doyle and O'Neill for the next 2 games so there's got to be a shake up on the playing front anyway.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:37 am

If there was a caretaker right now then at least it would leave lots of time and effort for a selection committee to have a man in place by Sept.
Then they could work away and come winter they would have a fu brief fir the players in terms of fitness etc. also they could see the club games.
In terms of the caretaker it's an open ticket. Realistically all you need is a bounce so a bigger name is not on the cards. Someone who will step in rally the troops and then perhaps be happy to take a selector role under the new man.
One left field shout suggested to me was Paul Earley who seemingly might be up for a short term gig a la the International Rules.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:10 am

The budget constraints will hit home when we do need to go after a new manager in the autumn. You can rule out a big outside name straight away unless we find a benefactor with deep pockets in the county or among the expats.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:39 am

As far as I can remember, the Westmeath players forced Hackett to resign. I can't remember any inter-county manager being removed by a county board for poor results in the league. The only hope might be that the players decide they have had enough of Ryan, but they're hardly in a position to be calling the shots after their absymal performances.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:59 am

Didn't the Meath county board put a vote of no confidence in Banty after the league a few years ago? The motion was defeated though so he remained in place for the rest of the year.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:12 am

there a panel meeting on tonight
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:34 am

fone wrote:
there a panel meeting on  tonight

Sad day indeed, what a mess top to bottom, bloody disgrace, can't kick a penalty, can't pass a ball 5 yards, "leaders" getting sent off, these are supposed to be the best Kildare can offer pfft. Shouldn't be allowed wear the white jersey. It's going to take years to sort out this mess, whole lot need (CB, CK, players, management) to hang their heads
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:59 am

Delighted there's a panel meeting tonight hope to fucking god something positive comes of it!!! Fucking depressing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:27 am

I've been at many a panel/players meeting meeting through the years. Fingers are pointed ,  Souls are searched , promises made. You walk out the door and just realised you've wasted 3 hours of your life going through things said at the start of the year. Things that should be a given . Ultimately nothing ever really comes of them unless the person overseeing it is a strong character and has the respect of everyone in attendance And demands a reaction.

Somehow I doubt that is the case.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:49 am

Is this a players meeting or all the camp? Just to clarify.
Just we are talking about a heave from players but sure that's very unlikely considering we are crying over lack of leaders on the field...
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:17 pm

McGeeney surrounded himself with pedigree! Maybe it's financial constraints. Ryan has promoted the logistics man to selector!? Some of the back room team were sourced from job bridge! Short cuts. Reaping what we sow! McGeeney would not tolerate that, Ryan it seems, is!
In 2007 after losing to Louth and indeed after McGeeneys first defeat to Micklow I thought we couldn't go any lower but we rose to become a solid top 6 team over the next 4-5 years! The drivers for that, JD, Dermot and Geezer! Unfortunately we don't have them same characters anymore! Even Roli and Rainbow while not always a starter were super men to have around I'm sure!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:28 am

Logged on in the hope to see Ryan had either resigned or been removed as manager.

Also it looks like the new chairman is as spineless as his predecessor, the silence from him is deafening. Whatever chance we had of Killian Whelan asking a few hard questions after a game we have no chance with Ger McNally
Back to top Go down
Lillydreams
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:19 am

Can't see too much coming from the players meeting! No leaders in the group to stand up and say anything meaningful!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:50 pm

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Logged on in the hope to see Ryan had either resigned or been removed as manager.

Also it looks like the new chairman is as spineless as his predecessor, the silence from him is deafening. Whatever chance we had of Killian Whelan asking a few hard questions after a game we have no chance with Ger McNally

And look what happened to Killian.. Best of luck with Tipp FM Killian, I hope they appreciate You more than your predecessor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   

Back to top Go down

Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8