Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

As it stands do you back Jason Ryan to continue as manager
Yes - He's building a team and needs time.
8%
 8% [ 5 ]
No - He was a wrong choice, replace now.
25%
 25% [ 15 ]
Until end of season and assess again.
52%
 52% [ 32 ]
Until end of season and replace
15%
 15% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 61

AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:51 am

Wouldn't put Dublin winning the next five (it's a massive understatement) down to Ryan or just Kildare even. Not every county is Leinster is doing everything wrong, that's down to Dublin doing everything right. You wouldn't ask Corcoran's to outsell Coca Cola.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:43 am

It just shows what a Manager can do, when You see the achievements of Slaughtneil under Mickey Moran.

The Wesmeath Game up next is ideal imo, a Home Match against probably the weakest Team in the Division, as opposed to playing Galway or Cavan away... A loss here and we're in serious trouble.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:33 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
It just shows what a Manager can do, when You see the achievements of Slaughtneil under Mickey Moran.

The Wesmeath Game up next is ideal imo, a Home Match against probably the weakest Team in the Division, as opposed to playing Galway or Cavan away... A loss here and we're in serious trouble.

On current form its a toss up between Laois and Kildare for the tag 'the weakest team' in the division.  Westmeath beat Laois by 5 pts and only lost to Galway by 1 pt ???
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:08 am

Yeah have to say the way Kildare have been playing, and the way the squad's confidence is bound to be, I actually don't think this match is a foregone conclusion.

Which begs the question, if we lose, is Jason Ryan's position then untenable? Personally I think it is but obviously let's have the match first.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:15 am

Baba of course I don't think Donegal played off the cuff. I don't think any team does.

What I'm saying is that their gameplan/formation/counter-attacking style/system or whatever you want to call it is only part of their success. A big part, but not the only part.

Whatever system or gameplan you're going with will only work if your players are playing well. A big part of McGuinness' ability as a manager was how he motivated and organised Donegal players who underachieved up to that.

But it doesn't hurt to have the raw material. You said the "system" will allow any team to compete. I disagree. You still need good players.

For example, Donegal's gameplan was of course a central part of their 2012 AI win. But think back to the start of the final. Murphy sticks a screamer in the roof of the net and McFadden coolly finished his goal chance. That was the winning of the game and forwards of lesser quality would be far less likely to score them.

Finally, brilliant as they were that season, I get a bit tired of this perception that Donegal have changed football forever. Fine team, but they won one All-Ireland. So did Cork but I don't hear people claiming that Conor Counihan cracked the ultimate secret to football.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:10 am

To be fair Donegal were shite before McGuinness, Cork should have won more all Ireland's with the talent they had available imo of course.

Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:25 pm

Get real here how many Inter County Managers have left mid-season, its not premiership soccer and even if he left i doubt it that many would be lining up to come in after.
Problem on this forum is constant unrealistic expection and some people not understanding that Kildare are no GAA superpower and are a long way off it, there are not too many teams that fear us and our panel of players are average to say the least and lack the bottle and ruthlessness it takes to close games out as has been proven over the last few years (incl under KMcG). We are talking up lads like Dan Flynn and Paul Cribben et al who lack any bottle and have won nothing along with failing and quitting Aussie Rules these kind of guys are always going to take the easy option and will go missing when the going gets tough.
I laughed to read on here and listen to people talking after a few preseason friendlies (sorry O'Byrne Cup) that we are a great team and talking it up and obviously the players are buying into that as to me a lot of them go around and are treated like mini-celebrities, crazy when you compare them to other counties and even Kildare players of old that have at least a Leinster Medal.
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Micky you might be right in saying Kildare are no GAA superpower but are bang out of order saying two young lads lack any bottle. Outrageous personal dig at two inexperienced players that are still learning their trade at this level. If by quitting Aussie Rules this is the definition of lacking bottle would you also say the likes of Ciarán Kilkenny lack bottle? Surely "bottle" should be coming from the senior players to guide the less experienced players through tight matches.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:34 pm

Poor thing to say there Mickey, they are only Kids.

Last edited by Rex on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:47 pm

Very harsh on those 2 lads, the vast majority return from Oz for various reasons including Niall Buckley. Early 20's isn't the time you judge a players career
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:30 pm

I have agreed with You at times previously mickey, but Your totally wrong to single out Two Players like that..
Maybe when Your sitting in front of a warm fire, remember those Lads are in Hawkfield training in the muck, shite, snow, wind and rain, and getting feck all for it, only to do the Best they can for their County.. Might I add there Two Nice Lads and Far from a Celebrity status I can tell You.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:58 pm

OK I accept the comments and shouldn't pick out individuals in posts its not my form usually -apologies.

I still stand over the rest and Seamus i don't get to sit in front of a warm fire either!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:11 pm

It's often said that Kildare supporters have unrealistic expectations but I don't think there's a lot of evidence to back that up in recent times anyway. No one on here expects Kildare to win a Leinster title or come close to it over the next few years. It seems most people would be happy with Division 1 football and a run to the All Ireland quarter finals. Is that an unrealistic ambition?

Had we not blown a five point lead against Tyrone last year we would probably still be in Division 1 and we were seconds away from the quarter finals but for a dodgy free against Monaghan. If anything Kildare people are probably too down on their team.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:01 am

Yeah I don't think we have unrealistic expectations either all I want is us to get the best of of the talent we have available, are we getting that? No. Are we set up right tactically? Not a hope it's well too defensive and the one forward thats in there has a thankless job. Do I think we'll see improvement? I fecking hope so!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:07 am

micky murphy wrote:
OK I accept the comments and shouldn't pick out individuals in posts its not my form usually -apologies.

I still stand over the rest and Seamus i don't get to sit in front of a warm fire either!

Maybe You should mickey.. Nothing like a warm fire to to melt the Heart. Idea
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:37 am

kickingking wrote:
It's often said that Kildare supporters have unrealistic expectations but I don't think there's a lot of evidence to back that up in recent times anyway. No one on here expects Kildare to win a Leinster title or come close to it over the next few years. It seems most people would be happy with Division 1 football and a run to the All Ireland quarter finals. Is that an unrealistic ambition?

Bang on. I really don't think those targets represent us losing the run of ourselves.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:00 am

I see on the Nationalist, Jason says He is still confident of getting Promoted..Fcuk Jason You might get a Win under Your belt before You start talking about Promotion.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:31 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I see on the Nationalist, Jason says He is still confident of getting Promoted..Fcuk Jason You might get a Win under Your belt before You start talking about Promotion.
I think thats the first positive thing he has ever said in an interview though usually he plays everything down the fucks happening? Shocked
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:49 am

Think he has a Contract with the Leader / Nationalist / KFM / Irish Independant - great man for the interviews!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:05 am

If he'd said promotion was gone people would absolutely slate him. Can't win.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:14 am

Of course, alternatively, he could display some degree of savvy when dealing with the media - which is actually part of managing a sports team in the 21st century - and not leave himself open to ridicule.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:30 am

So if a reporter asks him whether he thinks Kildare can still get promoted, what exactly do you think he should say?

What's wrong with him saying he believes we can still get promoted?

The level of vitriol out there for the man means he could give literally any response to literally any question and people around here and on those stupid Facebook threads would attack him over it.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:12 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
So if a reporter asks him whether he thinks Kildare can still get promoted, what exactly do you think he should say?

What's wrong with him saying he believes we can still get promoted?

The level of vitriol out there for the man means he could give literally any response to literally any question and people around here and on those stupid Facebook threads would attack him over it.

The PlayStation generation... It's why you'll look on the back page of the Sun this morning and read a headline 'Dimwits' for a report on a soccer match.

People come to a conclusion based on something early on in a reign or maybe even before the reign began, that they don't like a guy and will never. Or they do and will always.

And from then on, they will take whatever they can to drive that home and ignore anything that doesn't tally with it.

The default setting now though is stick the boot in. Players choking. Players lacking bottle. Players only in it for the ride. Manager is a delirious, inarticulate moron or a smart arse or for some reason isn't turning a silk purse into a cow's ear or isn't Jim McGuinness or Jesus Christ. He's giving terrible interviews. Too many interviews. Too negative. Too positive.

Brendan Rodgers is shit. Brendan Rodgers is great. Oh no, Brendan Rodgers is shit again. No wait, Brendan Rodgers is brilliant again.

The thing is, with Kildare, if you're having a go at the manager, you will always be right eventually because they're just not as good as people think.

One, recently-retired great - and I mean great - is in agreement that the expectation is off the charts and that the expectations in particular placed on the young players coming through is not based on any reality at all. They are based on hope rather than achievement or fact. That wasn't to say that the players didn't believe they would win Leinsters and All-Irelands he explained to me - they did but when you're in a squad like that, you build yourself up and you have to get your mind in that zone or you wouldn't do the ridiculous work they all do - players and management - you wouldn't sacrifice your family life, your time with your kids - you wouldn't make those choices.

But people outside the camp have the luxury of being realistic. In Kildare, it is generally a luxury they eschew.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:03 pm

I always thought McGeeney was good with the media, always insightful, made interesting points. Ryan I find is generally quite muddled and poor. When you add in the results lately he's not exactly ticking a lot of the boxes!
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:24 pm

Playstation generation, give me a break. I was born in the 70's, have a bit of respect for others opinions before labeling them

The bottom line no matter how you want to spin it, is that the results have not been good enough, throw in tactics, late collapses, strange teams, strange subs, no subs, flip flopping from all out attack to all out defence with no marked improvement and a general malaise about the team then he should be criticised. What does he or you expect, a slap on the back for the last 18 months.

As for the expectation thing, it's nonsense. What Kildare people want is a committed team who give their all and have a manager who uses what he has to its fullest. They expect to be competitive against most Counties and I said competitive, not winning, competitive, but know there are 6-8 who are just better. If that expectation is too much then God help us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.   

Back to top Go down

Do you back Jason Ryan to continue as Kildare manager.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next