Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

minors 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Wed May 06, 2015 7:41 pm

Leinster MFC quarter-final draw:

Winner Laois/Wicklow v Winner Offaly/Kildare

Carlow v Longford

Meath v Louth

Dublin v Wexford

Massive incentive to find a way to win tonight, quarter-final draw could have been a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Wed May 06, 2015 8:20 pm

Best of luck to the lads tonight. Hopefully we'll have learned from the Louth match as we'll need to improve to beat Offaly.
Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Wed May 06, 2015 10:33 pm

1. Declan Campbell-Raheens

2. Ronan Slattery-Eadestown

3.Michael Joyce-Round Towers

4.Darren Lawler-Rheban

5.Cathal Daffy-Round Towers

6.Shea Ryan-Sarsfields

7.Daniel O Sullivan-Maynooth

8.Daniel Courtney-Kilcock

9.Rory Feely-Athy

10.Brian McLoughlin-Clane

11.Conor Hartley-Sarsfields

12.Tony Archibold-Celbridge

13.Ciaran Kelly-Clane

14.Matthew Kelly-Round Towers

15.Jimmy Hyland-Aylmer Gaels
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Wed May 06, 2015 11:33 pm

7 changes from the last day. Don't know who is injured or who is dropped but there's 4 of last year's panel not included in the starting line-up. The midfield diamond are going to have to play out of their skins tonight I suspect. Best of luck to players and management tonight.
Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Wed May 06, 2015 11:53 pm

Ethan O Donoghoe and Stefan Lawler both started last year. Youd have to think they are both injured. Based on the amount of changes Id be fairly worried for tonight but best of luck to all involved anyway.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 12:07 am

Not sure of any Injuries.. but also heard some of the 7 dropped are not even in the 24.

Nice Q Final draw avoiding Dublin and Meath.

Best of luck Lads.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 6:36 am

Well done to the minors, disgraceful scenes at the end according to KFM
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 7:45 am

great win.changes made the difference . much hungrier

are minors available for clubs at weekend
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 7:59 am

Great win in the circumstances and still plenty of room for improvement. Laois up next away.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 8:06 am

Don't want to get too far ahead of myself but is that the semi final draw as well, in that winners of Kildare/Laois play winners of Carlow/Longford?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 8:32 am

topcat wrote:
Don't want to get too far ahead of myself but is that the semi final draw as well, in that winners of Kildare/Laois play winners of Carlow/Longford?

According to the Leinster GAA website, the draw for the semi-finals is made after the quarter-final matches.

Well done to the lads on the win tonight. I think the changes helped us in attack but we are still a bit open at the back. Still, it's good to have something positive to post about for a change.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 9:37 am

Were the scenes as ugly as have been made out?
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 8:17 pm

With regard to the match itself, the performance was a good improvement on the Louth game. Far more urgency and the ball was moved quicker with some good accurate passing. Showed great character to win it late on when down to 14 men which was very impressive. But we were opened up at the back relatively easily. Went man-to-man and whenever a half-back or midfielder was turned or beaten for pace there was rarely anyone to cover. Very lucky not to concede any goals, the defensive organisation that Lacey had in place the last 2 years is absent.

At the other end those who said Hyland should start were proved correct, he was the best forward on show for either team. Only thing was there were a couple of times where he beat his man or had the beating of him and took an easy point or laid it off when the space was there to go direct to goal. But given the occasion last night it was probably understandable. At half-time Offaly seemed to figure out our movement at midfield for kickouts and the player going for the ball or the players going for breaking ball were usually outnumbered.

While the attitude and pace of play was better last night, there's still a lot of work to be done and Laois will pose a tougher test than last year in Portlaoise. There might yet be another 3 or 4 changes before the next game as some players didn't exactly nail down a place. Mick Lillis is in charge of Laois this year so one be assured that they will be cynical and there will a lot of pressure on the referee before and during the game. Before they played Meath in the first round he complained in one of the local papers that teams like Laois find it hard to get frees compared to teams like Meath. Expect an encore performance before the Kildare game.

What happened after the final whistle isn't the worst thing I've seen on a football pitch but I don't recall seeing supporters jumping in to get involved at an inter-county match before. The match itself was intense but not dirty even though Feely got sent off for two yellows late on. A row broke out between a couple of players and the other players and subs piled in. At that stage you would expect mentors and officials to separate the players but a couple of Offaly mentors joined in the row. One of them threw more punches than either Mayweather or Pacquaio last weekend in Vegas so the Kildare mentors also got involved. Then some parents/supporters came on to the field and got involved. I don't know how it ended as I left at that stage. But while people were entering the field to get involved I observed a couple of the stewards standing there with their arms folded just gawking at what was going on. Up in the stand during the second half wasn't much more pleasant. Had some Biffo sitting behind me muttering Kildare c***s in our direction anytime Kildare got a couple of scores in succession. As the row broke out, the same Biffo went by me to get a closer look at the action and thought it was a great idea to give me an elbow in the ribs going by. As Ron Burgundy would say, "You stay classy Offaly".
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 8:25 pm

Shower of inbreds, expect nothing less from them. Sweet thing is they were blowing about this particular team and we buried them in their home ground.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 9:44 pm

Great to get a Win.. and good reading Shergar.

I didn't get to the Match (working late).. so tuned into KFM.. what a waste of Time that was, fckin K Country, with the odd report from Ger.. Fair play KFM for your lack of interest in our Minors.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 9:56 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:

I didn't get to the Match (working late).. so tuned into KFM.. what a waste of Time that was, fckin K Country, with the odd report from Ger.. Fair play KFM for your lack of interest in our Minors.

Why do you think Killian left? He wasn't going to stand over the proposed cuts in general sports coverage, including GAA. Don't actually know if there is a sports editor now even.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 10:49 pm

Any win is a good win so well done. Nice to beat offaly in their place. Always a tough test.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 11:04 pm

Great win and even better to here the whinging coming from Offaly.

One serious allegation was put up on twitter but taken down quite quickly by an Offaly player. He might want to have a solicitor on speed dial if he tries it again.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 11:14 pm

Ogie wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:

Why do you think Killian left? He wasn't going to stand over the proposed cuts in general sports coverage, including GAA. Don't actually know if there is a sports editor now even.

Ah shur its chronic Ogie.. Killian and Lacey Working well for Tipp FM I believe.
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 11:52 pm

It would appear that one person in the media is firmly blaming Kildare for beginning the ugly scenes. Accusations of goading been thrown out. Was anyone at the match and would agree with this? Suspensions likely?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Thu May 07, 2015 11:58 pm

"Speaking on Midlands 103 this morning, Pat Nolan of the Irish Daily Mirror claimed that one of the Offaly players had been bitten on the ear. The player posted a picture of same on his twitter account before later deleting it. Nolan also claimed that some of the Kildare substitutes had started the row by “goading” the opposition after the final whistle."

Were either station or journalist actually covering the match? And find it hard to believe a team that gets a late winner starts a brawl. Is goading a by-word for celebrating?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Fri May 08, 2015 12:32 am

According to Ger Mac, it was the Kildare Subs who started it.
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Fri May 08, 2015 1:17 am

Seamus did he mention if they started it through their celebrations or by throwing the first punch? If merely by celebrating this doesn't justify the Offaly lads weighing in with their fists
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Fri May 08, 2015 1:24 am

Sounds like the real deal. According to the Offaly forum some of their supporters beat another Offaly supporter who was involved in throwing punches. Fight fire with fire!
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Fri May 08, 2015 1:52 am

Obviously the subs on the Kildare team are raring to get onto the pitch ...... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   

Back to top Go down

minors 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next