Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

minors 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Very poor. 3 points in secondhalf against 14 men for half of it.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:13 pm

Terrible display, bad enough to lose but to play so poorly and be so predictable for the whole match is so hard to take. The writing was on the wall early on when we converted just one of our first 5 chances and Tipp got 4 out of 4.
We were far to loose at the back and outfought in midfield. The amount of passes from the hand and foot that were over hit or to high just shouldn't happen at this level.
Cant understand why Matt Kelly was not moved in full forward and O'Donoghue to midfield. Management did not impress with tactics that Tipp clearly had figured out early on.
Not going to criticise any player but without Shea Ryan and Campbell it could have been a lot worse.
Sadly another good bunch of players left with bad memories of Croke Park on a big day. Think they deserved better for the talent they have but you have to perform on the big day.
Back to top Go down
Carburyhill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:17 pm

The game was there for the taking poor performance all around. They looked very under cooked they should of played with there senior clubs in the championship should be no debate there.

On another note it was great to see them in an all ireland semi hopefully they will learn from this for the future.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:20 pm

Just not worth even acknowledging, a clear troll, has form in this regard... feel for the lads, occasion appeared to get to them but they were a clear second best on the day. Feared Tipp, they are sending out teams that expect to win now and their size advantage was notable. But Kildare just couldn't execute and yet could have snatched it with Ryan's chance. But it would have been daylight robbery.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:21 pm

All down the line wrote:
Muppets, far too many junior club football standard players, slow of thought and action and failure to perform basic skills e.g. handpass crisply and cleanly to a team mate at pace.

Cop yourself on you muppet.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Tipp played the smarter football. Kildare just didn't seem to rise to the occasion at all.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:28 pm

Only one poster giving abuse, let's hope that's it.
On the other hand the manager hardly covered himself in glory. Running and passing the ball was the way to win yet they just kept hitting 50yard passes that were going nowhere, it was far too easy to defend with sweepers in place. Overall Kildare didn't play well didn't play as a team and probably should have lost by more. When will a Kildare team play with a bit of football intelligence, ie pass it when it's on not because you are told that's what you have to do.
Hard luck is probably the wrong term, but at least they have minor Leinster medals so they should be proud of that and learn from today.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:37 pm

Think the management have to take a lot of the flack for this. It was obvious from early that the long ball in was not working yet they persisted with it all game. It was also obvious some players were overawed by the occasion but they left them on until it was to late. The defence was way to open and but for poor finishing Tipp would have been out of sight. 
Very disappointing to see another Kildare team play up to the usual deficiencies and lose at a semi final stage. Like the U21's a couple of years ago when the chips are down we can't keep our heads and play smart football.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:00 pm

Rex wrote:
Think the management have to take a lot of the flack for this. It was obvious from early that the long ball in was not working yet they persisted with it all game. It was also obvious some players were overawed by the occasion but they left them on until it was to late. The defence was way to open and but for poor finishing Tipp would have been out of sight. 
Very disappointing to see another Kildare team play up to the usual deficiencies and lose at a semi final stage. Like the U21's a couple of years ago when the chips are down we can't keep our heads and play smart football.

Yeah that sums up today and Kildare football in my lifetime. Really thought today would be different.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:01 pm

I've said it many times. Kildare are the unluckiest county around to have had so many inept managers

Last edited by Ogie on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:20 pm

johnsmyth wrote:
Only one poster giving abuse, let's hope that's it.
On the other hand the manager hardly covered himself in glory. Running and passing the ball was the way to win yet they just kept hitting 50yard passes that were going nowhere, it was far too easy to defend with sweepers in place. Overall Kildare didn't play well didn't play as a team and probably should have lost by more. When will a Kildare team play with a bit of football intelligence, ie pass it when it's on not because you are told that's what you have to do.
Hard luck is probably the wrong term, but at least they have minor Leinster medals so they should be proud of that and learn from today.

Same sentiments as mine.
This is the 3rd year in a row Kildare minor teams have failed to perform at this stage.
Certain people on this forum need to get to grips with the fact that we're a county that continuously fail at this stage due to an inability to perform basic skills as the intensity increases. The management and players need to learn and fast.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:56 pm

Ogie wrote:
I've said it many times. Kildare are the unluckiest county around to have had so many inept managers
If you can point out where the manager was called inept I'll donate €50 to the charity of your choice, if not you are being sensational for no good reason apart from trying to be a Wum.

Posters are just saying myself included that he got his tactics wrong for this game.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:17 pm

If you can point out where the manager was called inept I'll donate €50 to the charity of your choice, if not you are being sensational for no good reason apart from trying to be a Wum.

Posters are just saying myself included that he got his tactics wrong for this game.[/quote]

Don't know what a Wum is so don't know whether to be offended or not. 'Inept' was my word. Just that it's always the manager's fault when a team loses it seems to me. Anyway it's not a big point, I'll happily delete because it's tough to lose an All-Ireland semi-final. Toughest on the players and management I'd suggest, when they know they didn't perform.

Last edited by Ogie on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:17 pm

Rex wrote:
Ogie wrote:

Posters are just saying myself included that he got his tactics wrong for this game.

I assumed it was tongue in cheek?????????
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:27 pm

You'd think we'd gone out in the first round again. Disappointed yeah but we can work with the squads of the last few yrs to work towards a senior squad. We got it wrong against Louth yet got it right to get to and All Ireland Semi Final against a county who's won a minor title in the last three yrs and lost an U-21 final this year. Well done to the lads and onwards and upwards.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Just really disappointed as I thought this team had more about them. That wasn't a brilliant Tipp team by any means but they were head and shoulders above us on the day and should have won by 6 or 7 at least. I won't criticise minor players who have reached an All Ireland semi final but that was yet another disheartening expression of Kildare football in Croke Park. '98 seems so long ago now..
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Hard luck to the minors today. I'm not sure if it the occasion got to the lads, but we never got going. Very disappointing that we didn't make better use of the extra man when Tipp went down to 14. I couldn't believe we didn't try a few short kick-outs and kept kicking long when we were being beaten at midfield. As the game went on, our play got more ragged and we took a lot of wrong options. Very disappointing as chances like this don't come around too often.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:39 pm

"I've said it many times. Kildare are the unluckiest county around to have had so many inept managers"

Last edited by Ogie on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Of course Ogie the players did'nt play well but as said it was hardly a brilliant tipp team, Kildare played right into their hands and if that's not because of the preparation, tactics etc. then it had nothing to do with the management team. It's ok to ask why, it's a football forum.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:07 pm

What struck most about the game today was how bad Kildare were under the high ball, both in midfield and the full back line. Granted there was a very noticeable difference in size between the two teams, it was disappointing to see there was no plan to fix this, maybe drop back the big CB to help Joyce. Tipperary definitely had their homework done on Kildare's weaknesses.

Jimmy Hyland was marshaled well, his marker never gave him an inch but the Kildare lads were intent on lumping ball into him at every chance.

You'd almost think the Kildare lads hadn't played a competitive game in three weeks..
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:28 pm

Watching the game back at the moment. Tipperary wiped us out on the breaks around the middle. For a lot of the kickouts, our lads were getting to the ball in the air only for it to be broken down to a waiting Tipperary player.

Longford and Cavan caused problems to our full back line under the high ball and Tipperary clearly targeted us there. We were too late when we dropped a man back to double team the Tipperary full forward because we were basically chasing the game at that point and robbing peter to pay paul.

Another crap day at Croke Park for a Kildare team. I'm developing a serious dislike of the place at this stage. Can't imagine what the players are feeling. It would be easier to accept had Kildare played well and just came up short but the lads didn't play anywhere near what they're capable of and there was still only two points in it at the end.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:49 pm

Never logged on here after any kind of serious Kildare defeat and not seen the manager blamed.

No tactics or game plan will work when players play badly and we had way too many that it just didn't happen for. Easy to call for positional switches but when so many players are off colour, where do you start?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:59 pm

Management might have been quicker to make switches but I guess they were hoping if we held our shape and stuck at it that we would have a purple patch at some point like in previous games. It just never happened today. We missed a few kickable chances early on and never really settled into it unlike Tipp. I felt they got a few questionable close in frees in the opening minutes but it probably evened itself out over the hour with Kildare in receipt of a few later on.

I'm sure both the management and certainly the players will have regrets and will rue not making a few different decisions at crucial stages.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:06 pm

Kicking lumpers vs a defence playing sweepers is not a good idea. It didn't work for a beast like Aidan o'shea and mayo today, it ain't going to work for our young lads.
Back to top Go down
e.s.b.
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:28 pm

Tipperary had the better players today, their defenders nullified our forwards and they had a few players , notably 8 and 11 that we just couldn't handle, We were beaten by a better team and lucky not to be beaten by more, but credit to all involved for getting to this stage
Back to top Go down
e.s.b.
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:38 pm

All down the line wrote:
Muppets, far too many junior club football standard players, slow of thought and action and failure to perform basic skills e.g. handpass crisply and cleanly to a team mate at pace.

You are the muppet for a comment like that, who are you calling muppets?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: minors 2015   

Back to top Go down

minors 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next