Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 539
Join date : 2013-09-24
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:18 am

Niall Kelly will be playing for the U21's
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 539
Join date : 2013-09-24
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:26 am

Peter Kelly pulled his hamstring in training during the week.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1073
Join date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:28 am

Yeah I know that about Niall just saying he's a loss. Didn't know about Peter thanks for info. The chap has no luck.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1931
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:18 pm

Baffled by Conway not returning unless injured. He was really getting into his stride as an inter county CB last summer and now seems to be losing momentum to accommodate a player who doesn't seem to have the pace / physique for championship. Delighted to see P Cribbin back. Would have liked to see Flynn and Smith in particular for this game but perhaps neither are fit enough. Team should still have enough about them for this game if they've been coached and managed right over the 3 week gap.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 799
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:38 pm

Interesting to hear Marty Clark on news talk the other night, he claimed the type of fitness for afl is very to gaa and it took him months to re adjust.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Don't like that team at all. The half back line is ripe for getting destroyed. Keith Cribbin has and will never be a half back. How Ryan can play him there when Conway is fit is beyond me. O Brien gives his all but has neither the physique or speed to play center back.
Doyle will plough a lone furrow.
Westmeath will run at that defence all day and either will run straight through or will be fouled for easy frees.

The midfield will struggle as Hugh lacks pace and O'Neill is not a ball winner.

The half forwards don't fill me with any confidence. Leper has lost a yard of pace and struggles to track back makes silly decisions and gives away the ball with Hollywood type passes on a regular basis, O' Flaherty's form has dipped considerably in the last year and his contribution is not up to the required level at this moment.
Cribben has pace but his scoring power is non existent.

The full forward line is fine if they play as a full forward line and not as Ryan likes to play one man on his own forty yards from any where else.

Westmeath look like a good bet. If we lose this Ryan is a gonner.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1997
Join date : 2010-02-02
Location : The Shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:05 pm

Can only assume Fergal Conway is being wrapped in cotton wool after a busy 2014. He was playing club u21 football and hurling nearly up to Christmas and was probably training with Maynooth in preparation for the sigerson.

Pity about Peter Kelly. Hopefully it's nothing long term.

Good to see Paul Cribbin back. He should bring a bit more urgency and directness around the middle. His colleagues in the half forwards will have to up their game. They need to stop taking too much out of the ball and get beyond the full forward line which we failed to do against Meath.

I hope Mulhall is under strict instructions to play a lot closer to Fogarty. Leave him isolated again and this will be hard work. Let Dowling roam out the field where he has proved this season that he can win ball and ghost into scoring poaitions.

It seems silly to be saying this about a match on 1 March but this is a big game for Kildare. We need to win it to get some confidence back.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1073
Join date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:33 pm

I'll only start to believe we'll win this game when Jayson Rhine or whatever he calls himself these days comes on and predicts a Westmeath win. If he thinks we'll get within 14 points of them we should be all right as he's generally only 15-16 points off with his predictions:

July 6 2014:

"I only see this going one way. I predict a Down victory of 5/6 points.

Any sort of victory here would be Kildare's greatest ever since the qualifiers began given the circumstances and opposition. Sadly I just do not see it happening."

July 7: "People can continue to ignore the obvious signs. I will be a realist.

I won't need to say too much mind you, results will speak for themselves.

Maybe a few other people can say what they think the result will be? I'm going for a Down win by 5/6 points."

I actually went back looking for the promise to never post again if Kildare beat Down but it's been deleted. Shame, that was a classic.

He's a harsh man is Jayson as I'm fairly convinced he is back screaming for the manager's head four games after Kildare won by 10 points in a game where he reckoned a one-point win would have been our greatest ever qualifier success.

Anyway, back in the real world, it's the start of March.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 3498
Join date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:18 am

The Team picked, and the only changes are forced upon, just shows for Me how limited the Panel is.
Thinking of watching the Rugby now tbh.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 408
Join date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:35 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
I actually went back looking for the promise to never post again if Kildare beat Down but it's been deleted. Shame, that was a classic.

A few posts into the page here: http://kildaregaa.boardonly.com/t1311p240-kildare-v-meath and Stonecold quoted it in the last post here: http://kildaregaa.boardonly.com/t1311p300-kildare-v-meath.

Ofc, as we all know, he hasn't been seen here since. Laughing
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1931
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:39 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
The Team picked, and the only changes are forced upon, just shows for Me how limited the Panel is.
Thinking of watching the Rugby now tbh.

Sacrilege..

Think it's more an issue with the fitness and availability of the panel. The following will all be pushing for a starting slot if fit come June:

Peter Kelly
Fergal Conway
Emmet Bolton
Tommy Moolick
Dan Flynn
Niall Kelly
Alan Smith

In fact I'd say they're all likely starters..

It's league football and as normal teams are not at full strength. Would be nice to get some of the above back sooner rather than later though to (a) consolidate our place in Div 2 and (b) get some momentum / pattern to our play for the summer.


Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1073
Join date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:44 am

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:
I actually went back looking for the promise to never post again if Kildare beat Down but it's been deleted. Shame, that was a classic.

A few posts into the page here: http://kildaregaa.boardonly.com/t1311p240-kildare-v-meath and Stonecold quoted it in the last post here: http://kildaregaa.boardonly.com/t1311p300-kildare-v-meath.

Ofc, as we all know, he hasn't been seen here since. Laughing

Cheers for that, classic. It's funny reading old threads with the benefit of hindsight. Lads would give no credit now for us hammering Louth and Down yet there were a load of predictions that we would lose those games. Mind you we all lose the head at times I already disagree with a lot of stuff I posted meself!
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 838
Join date : 2013-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:38 pm

I have to say that I am really amused by the fact that Kildare have 'so many players to come back in' over the next couple of months to strenghten up our starting 15 so don't panic about the league.  I am sure that every team in the county also has players coming back in of the next couple of months to strenghten up their teams.   This should be about the 'here and now' securing promotion back to Div 1 for next season and not totally about the championship.   Who really believes that Kildare can win the Leinster or All Ireland titles this year, particulary from Div 2.  The silly changes made towards the end of the Down match, from a winning position, will probably result in this year been a glorious failure.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1931
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:43 pm

I didn't say I wasn't panicking 1928 ! I was specifically referring to the suggestion that the selection for today was a reflection of the strength of our panel. I am on record in the other thread about the current situation under Mr Ryan - my glasses are definitely not rose-tinted.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 838
Join date : 2013-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:58 pm

I do agree with the overall formation of the panel.  I have attended approx 300 clubs games over the last 10 years and I think the players that are on the panel at the moment are the best players that have made themselves available to play for the county.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 539
Join date : 2013-09-24
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:25 am

This is fucking cat!!!!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1931
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:46 am

Half time and only one word to describe that: ABJECT

I suppose we should settle for this too, Ogie?

I'd love to know what the fluck Ryan has been doing with them for 3 weeks although you couldn't legislate for players being that clueless. Again we take the easy option in defence of fouling and back- chatting, giving them a scoring base from frees. We carry the ball into traffic and lose it, and forward passes go straight to a man in maroon. Mulhall thinks he's a playmaker because no one tells him otherwise.

Apart from that second half against Meath 3 weeks ago it's a long time since I've since us as bad.

Westmeath have one win in 2 years and we make them look like All Ireland champions

ABJECT.

Earn your corn at HT, Ryan.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:49 am

Bad News Baba wrote:
Don't like that team at all. The half back line is ripe for getting destroyed. Keith Cribbin has and will never be a half back. How Ryan can play him there when Conway is fit is beyond me. O Brien gives his all but has neither the physique or speed to play center back.
Doyle will plough a lone furrow.
Westmeath will run at that defence all day and either will run straight through or will be fouled for easy frees.

The midfield will struggle as Hugh lacks pace and O'Neill is not a ball winner.

The half forwards don't fill me with any confidence. Leper has lost a yard of pace and struggles to track back makes silly decisions and gives away the ball with Hollywood type passes on a regular basis, O' Flaherty's form has dipped considerably in the last year and his contribution is not up to the required level at this moment.
Cribben has pace but his scoring power is non existent.

The full forward line is fine if they play as a full forward line and not as Ryan likes to play one man on his own forty yards from any where else.

Westmeath look like a good bet. If we lose this Ryan is a gonner.

Wow, how right can you be.

Shambles of a half of football. Ohtoohtobe in whatever God forsaken part of the world he is in and the other apologists will tell us some nonsense about league or March or an other rubbish excuse, the problem they have is I can see with my own eyes.
Ryan is gone, he just doesn't know it yet. It can't come soon enough.
Sick of him, like I have never been sick of Kildare manager before.
Got rid of McGeeney for this bluffer. Thank you to all those that knew best but in fact had their heads up their arses.
You know who you are.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 539
Join date : 2013-09-24
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:41 am

We bet them by 17 points last year we shouldn't be loosing to them this year....
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
avatar

Posts : 213
Join date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:47 am

Neither the players nor the management and a coumty board that make berties Fianna Fáil party look competent. The whole thing is one shambolic cock up

RIP Kildare GAA.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:49 am

F*cking garbage.

Sack Ryan now and try to save our season.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1160
Join date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:16 am

Bad News Baba wrote:
F*cking garbage.

Sack Ryan now and try to save our season.

Baba, the reason we are in this mess is because we made a rash decision to get rid of the last manager with no idea who was going to replace him. Are we going to do the same again?
At least tell us what you think needs doing and who you think is best equipped to do it and who is available to do it.
There is no doubt Ryan was a bad choice but I hope we don't go down the soccer route and think sacking the manager is a panacea for all our problems.






Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 539
Join date : 2013-09-24
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:47 am

Our last manager was a million times better than the lad we have in now. I don't know who to bring in but we need a lad with passion and a bit of tactical nous....
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2367
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:50 am

Crofter wrote:
Half time and only one word to describe that: ABJECT

I suppose we should settle for this too, Ogie?

I'd love to know what the fluck Ryan has been doing with them for 3 weeks although you couldn't legislate for players being that clueless. Again we take the easy option in defence of fouling and back- chatting, giving them a scoring base from frees. We carry the ball into traffic and lose it, and forward passes go straight to a man in maroon. Mulhall thinks he's a playmaker because no one tells him otherwise.

Apart from that second half against Meath 3 weeks ago it's a long time since I've since us as bad.

Westmeath have one win in 2 years and we make them look like All Ireland champions

ABJECT.

Earn your corn at HT, Ryan.

I'm lost... don't know where I come in here! Wasn't at the game, actually came on here to find the result. It obviously wasn't good.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2367
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:51 am

KFSAM wrote:
Neither the players nor the management and a coumty board that make berties Fianna Fáil party look competent. The whole thing is one shambolic cock up

RIP Kildare GAA.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   

Back to top Go down
 
Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Kildare v Westmeath
» Kildare v westmeath
» KILDARE V WESTMEATH
» Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm
» Westmeath v Kildare

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: