Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:59 pm

LillieLad wrote:
Our last manager was a million times better than the lad we have in now. I don't know who to bring in but we need a lad with passion and a bit of tactical nous....
are players playing for manager
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:59 pm

murof wrote:
Bad News Baba wrote:
F*cking garbage.

Sack Ryan now and try to save our season.

Baba, the reason we are in this mess is because we made a rash decision to get rid of the last manager with no idea who was going to replace him. Are we going to do the same again?
At least tell us what you think needs doing and who you think is best equipped to do it and who is available to do it.
There is no doubt Ryan was a bad choice but I hope we don't go down the soccer route and think sacking the manager is a panacea for all our problems.

First of all it was not a rash decision, it was a calculated decision by certain clubs and executive board members with personal agendas. They put their own interests in front of what was best for the whole of Kildare GAA.
Some of those people still have a large say in what happens. They should go first.

Secondly Ryan has decimated Kildare GAA in the space of a year. What took years to build up gone, it's no surprise certain players have retired no matter what they say to journalists.

Thirdly, anyone that has any tactical awareness would improve how this team plays. I'd ask Bryan Murphy to take over the seniors alongside the U21's.

Lastly if you are not doing your job correctly to the levels required, whether it's GAA or soccer you have to be moved on. Why let it fester.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:03 pm

Ogie wrote:
Crofter wrote:
Half time and only one word to describe that: ABJECT

I suppose we should settle for this too, Ogie?

I'd love to know what the fluck Ryan has been doing with them for 3 weeks although you couldn't legislate for players being that clueless. Again we take the easy option in defence of fouling and back- chatting, giving them a scoring base from frees. We carry the ball into traffic and lose it, and forward passes go straight to a man in maroon. Mulhall thinks he's a playmaker because no one tells him otherwise.

Apart from that second half against Meath 3 weeks ago it's a long time since I've since us as bad.

Westmeath have one win in 2 years and we make them look like All Ireland champions

ABJECT.

Earn your corn at HT, Ryan.

I'm lost... don't know where I come in here! Wasn't at the game, actually came on here to find the result. It obviously wasn't good.

Unless I'm getting my posters mixed up you were telling us during te week that Kildare fans have ideas above our station and we should effectively settle for the mediocrity of Ryan's performance.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:08 pm

IF there are still any apologists for Ryan on here could one of you explain to me what exactly was the game plan today? Other than running into midfield cul-de-sacs and lumping long balls on top of Tomas I couldn't see anything that had been worked since Navan.

That was Div 3 football out there today - a year ahead of schedule.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:13 pm

there were players in kildare jersey are even county players
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Just seen this post on facebook "How can the players be to blame. For most of the game we had only one forward playing up front just like the previous 2 games we had forward s in the half back line kicking the ball forward into position s they should have been in this is Jason Ryan s tactics trying to get everyone behind the ball and attack in a wave from our half back line and try to carry the ball as a unit forward the only problem with this is when we try to move forward we get closed down and have no outlet upfront to offload the ball and end up running into trouble and passing the ball backwards.
For all those people who are saying we haven't the players in part they might be right because I believe we haven't the players to play the way Jason Ryan is trying to play but I believe if we set our team out in a more traditional formation and stop trying to over complicate things then I believe we have more than enough talent and should be doing alot better.
That game today is very similar to the last two disasters the same mistakes being made no improvement even after a three week break is anyone looking at the videos of the previous matches? I think not because just a couple of changes would completely change things around in our favour.
Why also are we constantly making all our substitutings in the dying minutes of the game when the game is over and too many players are causing confusion that late in the game as they havent time to adjust to the game s tempo.
We seem to be trying this tactic again and again and it is clear that it is not working.
As Einstein said the definition of stupidity is trying the same thing over and over again and expect to get better results."
Agree with it totally he needs to change shit or go imo. I don't think the players are playing for him either and if they are they don't know what job their doing.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:21 pm

LillieLad wrote:
Just seen this post on facebook "How can the players be to blame. For most of the game we had only one forward playing up front just like the previous 2 games we had forward s in the half back line kicking the ball forward into position s they should have been in this is Jason Ryan s tactics trying to get everyone behind the ball and attack in a wave from our half back line and try to carry the ball as a unit forward the only problem with this is when we try to move forward we get closed down and have no outlet upfront to offload the ball and end up running into trouble and passing the ball backwards.
For all those people who are saying we haven't the players in part they might be right because I believe we haven't the players to play the way Jason Ryan is trying to play but I believe if we set our team out in a more traditional formation and stop trying to over complicate things then I believe we have more than enough talent and should be doing alot better.
That game today is very similar to the last two disasters the same mistakes being made no improvement even after a three week break is anyone looking at the videos of the previous matches? I think not because just a couple of changes would completely change things around in our favour.
Why also are we constantly making all our substitutings in the dying minutes of the game when the game is over and too many players are causing confusion that late in the game as they havent time to adjust to the game s tempo.
We seem to be trying this tactic again and again and it is clear that it is not working.
As Einstein said the definition of stupidity is trying the same thing over and over again and expect to get better results."
Agree with it totally he needs to change shit or go imo. I don't think the players are playing for him either and if they are they don't know what job their doing.
players are on the pitch playing game not ryan
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:14 pm

This game really showed how much we've regressed over the last couple of years. We were comfortably beaten by an average Westmeath team who probably couldn't believe how easy it was to play against us.
Our defending was poor as usual. Any time we seemed to build any sort of momentum, we let Westmeath in for an easy score, mostly from frees. All the frees we give away are so obvious, panicking when there is any bit of danger instead of keeping calm and trying to make it hard for the forward. I thought Fergal Conway looked very rusty today, losing the ball a few times in the first half.
We were cleaned out again in midfield under the high ball. Hugh Lynch had a poor game, allowing Heslin catch a number of kickouts unchallenged. I can't understand why Dan Flynn wasn't brought on earlier. The only highlight of the match for me was a good display from Paul Cribbin who never stopped trying.
Up front, I thought it was wrong to start Tomas as we hit 50/50 balls into him rather than trying to create chances with a bit of subtlety. Leper was poor for the 3rd game in a row, Flats seems to have lost form/confidence and Mulhall loses the ball to easily.
I can't see the county board sacking Jason Ryan midway through the season so it looks like we have a season of these sort of performances to look forward to. Depressing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:43 pm

There's absolutely no way forward under Ryan.

At this stage I suggest Ryan himself knows it also.

Get rid of him Hendy and Quinn before the rot spreads any further. It's a throwback to the mid 00's. We're no longer relevant.

You reap what you sow. It's harvest time in Kildare.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:02 pm

The only hope I have is we somehow find a bit of form, somehow not get relegated and adjust the tactics far away from what we have seen in the last 3 games but the fact that we had 3 weeks to adjust shit and we seemed to do fuck all. If there was an option to get rid I definitely would well thats if the players wanted...
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:38 pm

Hard to believe the situation we find ourselves in. First time WM have ever beaten us in the league. Hard to see where the points will come from to keep us in Div 2, Galway away is probably a write off, Laois away will hopefully yield 2 points but Cavan away and Ros at home, it is hard to be over optimistic about getting much from those games.

I hope our county board are whoever is in charge of finding a new manager is sounding out candidates already, unless Ryan can get a win over Dublin in Leinster semi final (stop laughing!!!) there is no way he will be manager next season. Good managers won't be overly eager to take on a Div 3 team though.
Back to top Go down
Carburyhill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:16 pm

The County board meeting on Tuesday night should be interesting
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:25 pm

Carburyhill wrote:
The County board meeting on Tuesday night should be interesting
in what way the topic will not talk about
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:26 pm

As poor a home performance probably since Louth in 2007. Our individual decision making has been truly awful at times this year. Players attempting to kick shots that were never on when there are free men inside them, backs diving in when we have numbers back and the forward is going away from goal, the team breaking out of defence at pace then stopping when we get past midfield and start running sideways across the field.

I was one who would have been inclined to give Ryan the benefit of the doubt up until today but Fone asks a good question "are the players playing for the manager?" In the Down and Meath games we were in winning positions and finished the match out weakly, today we worked our way back into it in the second half and had all the momentum when we got it back to a one point deficit yet it was Westmeath who really kicked on when the game was there for whoever wanted it. I expected a reaction from Kildare today and it never really looked like coming. There's a lack of leadership out there on the field when it matters. How much of that can we attribute to the manager? It was interesting to see how unified a team Westmeath have become under Tom Cribbin (a man who was over a widely criticised Kildare u21 set up in 2014) compared to the shambles they were last year.

Finally, what on earth are we trying to do with our kickouts? It has been a problem for years now. The Westmeath maor uisce must have got on everyone's nerves screaming "they're afraid to kick it long" for every Kildare kickout but the really annoying thing was he was right. We practically tell other teams that we have no faith in our midfield to contest and fight for ball.

Four games left and they each look difficult now. We just have to hope the players show a lot more fight up in Cavan next Saturday and we get a bit of a reaction.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:32 pm

Wasn't at it and am away the next few weeks.
Genuinely worried now. Even if we pick it up and avoid the drop it's hardly going to have is going into the championship in good form.
What I've seen so far it's just is so fearful that the lads keep getting caught out in their own danger area.
Nothing happening up front either...
Not sure what the mood inside the camp is like but would have been no harm letting all the lads away to their clubs for Aldridge Cup, etc.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:28 pm

kickingking wrote:
The Westmeath maor uisce must have got on everyone's nerves screaming "they're afraid to kick it long" for every Kildare kickout but the really annoying thing was he was right. We practically tell other teams that we have no faith in our midfield to contest and fight for ball.

The Westmeath maor uisce was right. We are no good at contesting long kickouts. The return of Hugh Lynch didn't improve matters here. Westmeath caught a lot of kickouts cleanly and in the 2nd half Gary Connaughton was just hitting long high kickouts straight down the middle as he knew Westmeath were much more likely to win them.

Another thing that was noticeable (and depressing) was how easy Westmeath were able to break out of our tackles while we were generally forced away from goal and had to spin around a couple of times in order to play the ball away when tackled. Paul Cribbin (who I thought was our best player) and Eoin Doyle were the only players who seemed able to burst through tackles. I'm not sure what work we are doing in our new gym, but seem to lack power compared to other teams.
Back to top Go down
Lillydreams
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:03 pm

Last four games we've played have been tight affairs. Bar today we have been leading in the final minutes against dubs in OB cup final and against both down and Meath! Blame is to be put on both players and management equally for not learning from previous mistakes and being able to hold out for a win! As for today I believe Ryan should have really attacked an average Westmeath team and been more positive in the way we played
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:33 pm

Haven't seen the game obviously but from what I've read and heard you've hit the nail on the head there Lillydreams. Why are we going out with 14 men behind the ball at home to a team we beat by 17 points last year. I know they've improved and we weren't going to win by that much again but we should be positive against teams likes this. As I said before the game, this was a match where we should have gone for the throat, put a doubt in their heads early, believe in ourselves and attack them. Instead it sounds like we picked a formation that suggests we were afraid of them.

I did see the Meath match and it was the same story. There might be an argument for setting up that way away to Kerry or Mayo but in division two we should have a touch of arrogance and go out to try to destroy teams.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:52 am

Was just thinking of how far we've fallen in four years and checked out the Donegal 2011 match report. Jesus we've lost some amount of players since then. Here's the list:

S Connolly
A MacLochiann
M Foley
H McGrillen
B Flanagan
M O'Flaherty

E Bolton
J Doyle
D Flynn
P O'Neill
E O'Flaherty
E Callaghan
R Kelly
T O'Connor
J Kavanagh

Subs used:
A Smith
O Lyons
R Sweeney
M Conway
G White
F Dowling

The ones in bold have retired. Daryl and Mikey might join them soon (would love to be wrong). Several of the remaining players are past their best.

We all knew we'd need to replace players but it's not happening. To me, Eoin Doyle looks the only one up to the standard of who he's replacing. Three more we had high hopes for are abroad.

I know results so far this season are unacceptable but we're trying to replace the guts of a team mostly with young lads who haven't met the standards required, at least not yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:51 am

R.Kelly didn't retire.
H.Mcgrillen didn't retire.
M.O'Flaherty didn't retire .

Mick Foley retired this season after being fucked around by the saviour of Kildare GAA.

Kavanagh lives in Galway and hasn't been available for a number of seasons.

You keep making excuses when everyone including the dogs on the street knows JR is joker.

And for those asking about the county board meeting Tuesday night. It won't be discussed. No one has the balls because they got it so spectacularly wrong 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:05 am

I'm really sick of this sh*t. A couple of posters need to get it into their heads that saying we shouldn't sack our manager now does not mean I think he's doing well or that I'm an 'apologist'.

FK I just posted that because I want to discuss the topic. But as with everything on this forum it all comes back to Ryan, McGeeney, over and over and over a-f***ing-gain.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:26 am

Tensions and passions are running high, which is understandable considering the carnage of the last month.

I think we can all but agree the Ryan experiment is not working and probably won't ever work out. Yesterday was a disaster for this team and manager, and I don't think there is any come back from it.

What can be done about it. It's hard to say. I'd let the players just play fro a start. Play to our strengths and forget about the opposition for a while. The league is gone and relegation looks like its a real possibility. If the players are not playing for the manager then they need to play for themselves.
If they go into DIV 3 they are at least two years from Div 1 football. None of them want that.

The CB need to look inwards, they have monumentally messed things up and should admit it.
The financial situation will only get worse if we get relegated. It's a self fulfilling circle. Cut funding, the team becomes noncompetitive, cut finding again because we are not competitive and so on.

Kildare GAA is in a serious space now, no matter what anyone says you need a strong county team to get people interested in GAA thus joining clubs. In Kildare there are a lot of alternatives for kids to play. Kids always migrate to success, GAA is no different.

I think it will get worse before it gets better, dark times ahead.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:45 am

Crofter wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Crofter wrote:
Half time and only one word to describe that: ABJECT

I suppose we should settle for this too, Ogie?

I'd love to know what the fluck Ryan has been doing with them for 3 weeks although you couldn't legislate for players being that clueless. Again we take the easy option in defence of fouling and back- chatting, giving them a scoring base from frees. We carry the ball into traffic and lose it, and forward passes go straight to a man in maroon. Mulhall thinks he's a playmaker because no one tells him otherwise.

Apart from that second half against Meath 3 weeks ago it's a long time since I've since us as bad.

Westmeath have one win in 2 years and we make them look like All Ireland champions

ABJECT.

Earn your corn at HT, Ryan.

I'm lost... don't know where I come in here! Wasn't at the game, actually came on here to find the result. It obviously wasn't good.

Unless I'm getting my posters mixed up you were telling us during te week that Kildare fans have ideas above our station and we should effectively settle for the mediocrity of Ryan's performance.

You must be Crofter - I never said that. What I said was that the expectations were over-inflated and it led to a lot of kneejerk reactions and faux-outrage when there were losses (which there are most years in the history of Kildare GAA) or when there aren't trophies won (which happens most years in Kildare GAA and most counties). You obviously took that to mean something else.

By the sounds of things, yesterday was very bad.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:50 am

I would put the blame on all this on Donegal that fecking tactic of putting 14 men behind the ball is after ruining a lot of county teams trying to copy it also we have in Kildare clubs trying to do the same I hate that tactic, I hate the way Kildare are gone down that road no matter how bad Kildare are when they started playing that way it turned me off form going to games. This is not the way Kildare play football we dont have the players to implement this system and should be done away with now.
Why wont this be brought up at the county board meeting is this not a serious matter? as someone said earlier if we drop any further this will seriously disrupt the cash flow in the county the little we have serious question have to be asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:32 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
I'm really sick of this sh*t. A couple of posters need to get it into their heads that saying we shouldn't sack our manager now does not mean I think he's doing well or that I'm an 'apologist'.

FK I just posted that because I want to discuss the topic. But as with everything on this forum it all comes back to Ryan, McGeeney, over and over and over a-f***ing-gain.

You need to give yourself a good shake because Ryan was the successor to McGeeney. McGeeney was voted out in extremely suspect circumstances which had little to do with football. Players released a statement, pundits and knowalls all over the country couldn't understand what Kildare GAA had done.

I'm sorry but for the foreseeable future its always going to come back to that night McGeeney was shown the door.

Not only for footballing reasons. Cannot see Brady Ham staying on board. It would be far more lucrative for Kildare to be more successful. Can't see division 3 being a massive draw to Conleth's. Cannot see the purse at the end of the year being full with the rebate from Croke Park for 2/3 championship outings in a season. All this impacting on the money we have to prepare our county teams at all levels and grades. If the hurlers thought it was lean 2/3 years ago. It's going to get a whole let worse.

It's going to take a man with a little bit of vision to make our next appointment of manager. Ryan's goose is cooked.

I would genuinely sack him his minute. Can someone explain to me what are the benefits to keeping him. We don't have to make a permanent appointment . Plenty within Kildare couldn't do any worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next