Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare u21 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare u21 2015   Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:50 am

Dubs beaten by Tipp today, makes you wonder what shite goes on in this County that we can't produce a team when Tipp even though a hurling County can put it up to the best of them and beat them at underage.

We really are still in the dark ages when it comes to football coaching.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare u21 2015   Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:32 am

John Evans work - need I say any more!! with Tipp up until 2012, put in serious work in structures and planning. Serious guy he is. Aided by real passionate football men such as their minor manager of 2011 David power where they won the All Ireland beating dublin by a point. I am not really surprised at their result today given the work that these above mentioned guys and many others have done. I would take some encouragement from a kildare point of view as funny as it sounds - this years leinster final the difference for me was midfield (also a bit of naivety). We were out of it totally there, and didnt contest, leaving shane carty catching ball left right and centre. Today, the man of the match was the MIDFIELDER stephen O'brien, where him and O'riordan were monumental. To me that was the difference on the day, and relating to our meeting with dublin, that was the main difference. We actually could have been playing today had we kicked on in the second half.............. Eitherway midfield still remains a pivitol sector to any winning team. You can have all the money and professional - like set-ups but true grit and determination goes a long way. Comparing some of tipps big guns with some of ours, against dublin our big names I felt did not play near their best, and left a lot in the tank. Today, each tipp player stuck to their task and rose to the challenge - as mentioned already, their guns at midfield were colossal.

With correct structural planning ANYTHING is possible. Remember lads, Tipperary are sponsored by introsport elverys, - they are not anything of the colour of AIG or vodafone sponsoring, yet they, through coaching and planning (and communication between both codes in the county) can produce winning teams. A lot can be learned from them. Look at roscommon and john evans now.......
(P.S. up tipp - my mothers county!!).
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare u21 2015   Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:35 am

+1
Well all we do is harp on about money and resources while counties like Cavan, Roscommon and now Tipp show us what can be done. A big problem is we always look to the Dubs and what they do.
They are a totally unique case due to its size but we should be looking at what smaller counties are doing.
Like at club senior level there are a few smaller towns represented. Teams who don't have population or lots of money but can still develop players. I think the decent underage club coaches could be tapped into.
Also as I stated before the Schools competitions should be used to develop players more. It's something we don't do well.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare u21 2015   Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:37 am

Bad News Baba wrote:
Dubs beaten by Tipp today, makes you wonder what shite goes on in this County that we can't produce a team when Tipp even though a hurling County can put it up to the best of them and beat them at underage.

We really are still in the dark ages when it comes to football coaching.

In fairness, this Team (Tipp) were Favs for the All Ireland at Minor, and 11 of them had Won the AI Minor the previous Year, so its not a fluke that they beat Cork, and then Dublin.

But I would say Baba, like the Minors on Saturday, are We Playing the Best available Players on the Team ? .. some of the stuff I have been hearing of late re: Players Selections for their reasons beggars belief.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare u21 2015   

Back to top Go down

Kildare u21 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7