Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Next manager: Suggestions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:45 am

Folks!

We have a management team at present. If we win the next 2 matches and stay up and get a run in the c/ship all will be forgotten. I understand there is huge discontent and anger at our performances to date. But some of the comments on here are ridiculous and venomous. Jason ryan hasn't set out to ruin or destroy us. Im sure he is wondering what is going on too. All we can do as fans is support and hope the players turn it around. We have a very young team that are still learning . We have a similar situation to Liverpool six months ago when they were struggling to come up with a system that suited all. Brendan Rodgers dug in when all around him were calling for his head.
The breaking point was the loss to Palace when they went 1 up and lost 3-1. The following few weeks were hard with losses to Utd. and a draw V Leicester city. Now they are on a roll that has them on the verge of 4th or better. What has this got to do with Kildare? A lot I feel. if we can put together a good performance for 50 minutes V Laois we will win. Galway are in free fall and I think they will be dragged into the relegation battle. The management team are putting huge time and effort into this bunch of lads and deserve better than gutter comments. YES FREDDY YOU - YOUR TOXIC ( ARE YOU A DIGRUNTLED PLAYER?)
One last point. Last year Armagh got relegated . Geezer was the coach. Id say he had a lot to say on how the team was ran or played. Yet under the radar they got to an All Ireland quarter final and were within 2 minutes of beating Donegal only for a referee decision that still to this day bedazzles me.

Keep the faith - I will its all we can do !!

Bob
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:47 am

Just one more point. I was in Newbridge in the 80's with my father lord rest him when Kilkenny beat us . So times are not that bad . We didn't even have a good underage team then .
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:03 am

So your logic is sure he's doing a job, let him at it no matter how bad, things were worse, and based on nothing but blind faith and going against all form, it could get better and all will be well then. And besides, we didn't lose to Kilkenny? And before you hammer me, I'm simply paraphrasing you. Ok...
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:17 am

TK whats the alternative? get rid of him now . Makes no sense at all. There are other coaches as well working in the background so we don't have all the facts to hand. Brining in someone now would be a total disaster and end in a shambles. this IS NOT SOCCER . We do not have full time players coaches and backroom teams to smooth the transition quickly. We did lose to Kilkenny in the O'Byrne cup - FACT!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:19 am

He's already gone, we might as well get planning as he plays out time. It's the one good thing to come out of this season, we'll have a step on all the other counties that have failed in terms of planning a replacement.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:23 am

what do you mean ? Is JR gone tonight ? did he resign.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:45 am

No, but he won't be there next season. He's just filling a void for a few months now until the next manager.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:26 pm

Bob I understand where you are coming from but just saying lets get behind the lads isn't enough. You say that Ryan must be wondering what's going on but then he shouldn't be there.
Just if he has lost the players and they are a young team why wait?
I'm just hearing grapevine stuff (which I admit could be pure shite) that those inside the camp are expecting a change.
i think the whole county need a fresh cycle and a reboot. I think Ruan seems like a decent man but it's just not working this year.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:02 pm

there are some good coaches under him also
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:24 pm

bob12 wrote:
Folks!

We have a management team at present. If we win the next 2 matches and stay up and get a run in the c/ship all will be forgotten. I understand there is huge discontent and anger at our performances to date. But some of the comments on here are ridiculous and venomous. Jason ryan hasn't set out to ruin or destroy us. Im sure he is wondering what is going on too. All we can do as fans is support and hope the players turn it around. We have a very young team that are still learning . We have a similar situation to Liverpool six months ago when they were struggling to come up with a system that suited all. Brendan Rodgers dug in when all around him were calling for his head.
The breaking point was the loss to Palace when they went 1 up and lost 3-1. The following few weeks were hard with losses to Utd. and a draw V Leicester city. Now they are on a roll that has them on the verge of 4th or better. What has this got to do with Kildare?  A lot I feel. if we can put together a good performance for 50 minutes V Laois we will win. Galway are in free fall and I think they will be dragged into the relegation battle. The management team are putting huge time and effort into this bunch of lads and deserve better than gutter comments. YES FREDDY YOU - YOUR TOXIC ( ARE YOU A DIGRUNTLED PLAYER?)
One last point. Last year Armagh got relegated . Geezer was the coach. Id say he had a lot to say on how the team was ran or played. Yet under the radar they got to an All Ireland quarter final and were within 2 minutes of beating Donegal only for a referee decision that still to this day bedazzles me.

Bob

wow wow wow, how dare you put things in perspective like that???? You cheerleader!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:43 pm

Bob - good post, little perspective needed here.
No doubt we have massive problems however i don't believe Jason Ryan deserves some of the comments on here Kildare have as many problems in house with County Board and a lot of players that are not as good as they believe they are but are holding a lot of power and dictating/directing a lot of things going on behind the scenes at the moment.
I know he has his faults however Kildare County Board and Players have as many too...
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:16 pm

Loads of Pints wrote:
bob12 wrote:
Folks!

The breaking point was the loss to Palace when they went 1 up and lost 3-1. The following few weeks were hard with losses to Utd. and a draw V Leicester city. Now they are on a roll that has them on the verge of 4th or better. What has this got to do with Kildare?  A lot I feel. if we can put together a good performance for 50 minutes V Laois we will win. Galway are in free fall and I think they will be dragged into the relegation battle. The management team are putting huge time and effort into this bunch of lads and deserve better than gutter comments. YES FREDDY YOU - YOUR TOXIC ( ARE YOU A DIGRUNTLED PLAYER?)

Bob

wow wow wow, how dare you put things in perspective like that???? You cheerleader!!!  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

your a dreamer drinking loads of pints has affected you greatly.

Back to top Go down
Cill Dara Mick
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:25 pm

My First Choice would have to be Niall Carew, maybe with Tony Kelly as no.2 after that maybe the likes of Paul Beelin or Tommy Carr. Rob Kelly would be great to get in as a S & C coach
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:45 pm

I follow through thick and thin but either of the latter two Mick and you can follow me up to Carlow.
Back to top Go down
Cill Dara Mick
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:51 pm

Tommy were going to have to be realistic. big managers don't want our poison chalice. Mc Stay, O'Connor, O'Neill and at this stage Banty would laugh if we offered them the job. Realistically what can be won with kildare........the o byrne cup, that the height of it. Niall Carew and Tommy Carr are the best we can get.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:57 pm

McStay did want it from what I could make out but we were so confused by it all, we didn't know what to do after the last axeing. Tony McEntee was never approached by us. Glenn Ryan never got a chance and while I believe that ship sailed, I would rather him than two Dubs in Bealin (who has been a disaster in Wexford, Carlow and Westmeath) and Carr (who was equally highly thought of in his intercounty efforts and who, from his media analysis I think believes the game is still similar to the 1950s version). Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:59 pm

Cill Dara Mick wrote:
My First Choice would have to be Niall Carew, maybe with Tony Kelly as no.2 after that maybe the likes of Paul Beelin or Tommy Carr. Rob Kelly would be great to get in as a S & C coach

I can only hope this is a windup. They would be first on my list of people of people I wouldnt want to manage Kildare. IMO Kildare next year will have no problem attracting a high profile manager.
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:50 am

There is a lot of anger and knee jerk reactions on this thread, some right and some just way off the cuff and bitter.
For all those who think that Jason Ryan should resign or be sacked, I ask the simple question - who are the Co Board going to get in at this stage of the season to replace him? And please don't throw in the name of an 80-odd years of age Mick O'Dwyer or guys like Paul Bealin and Tommy Carr who haven't a bulls notion what the game is about. Sos Dowling on an interim basis? Glenn Ryan? Anthony Rainbow? Hell, someone said Paul Earley and that is a decent call but are any of these guys available or even interested?
I for one have had little faith in Ryan from the start - from what I can see he was always the fall back option rather than the first choice when McGeeney was ousted.
Kildare made a knee jerk reaction in getting rid of McGeeney in 2013 and the Co Board got caught off guard by the club's decision to get rid without a Plan B in place - getting rid of Ryan now would just be going down the same route..and the silence from the Co Board suggests that they are not planning on removing him any time soon.
There is no way a change should be made just for the sake of change. If the right man is there, whether it be short term or long term, then fine, make the change. Otherwise leave alone for the rest of the season (which could be short) and let things run their course. I'm sure Ryan is already thinking of jumping ship after this year and of course, if the Co Board are thinking properly they should already be drawing up a short list of potential successors to Ryan at the end of the season at the latest. I also think the players have to hold their hands up for some of the results, the Down game in particular and conceding 0-24 to Roscommon!
But this situation under Ryan isn't something that has just come about this season...this storm has been brewing for a few years now. As I said, Ryan wasn't the first choice, or indeed the second choice for the job. Furthermore, the state of the Co Board has been getting worse with every passing year since Sly Merrins left.
Padraig Ashe, love him or loathe him, was the natural successor to Merrins who knew his stuff and right from the start of his brief term he knew the shit was going to hit the fan in the months ahead. But when he tried to address those problems and sought support from his fellow Co Board officers, they declined and rather than work with those incompetents he walked away...some of those incompetents are still there and the Co Board is stil in a mess.
Now the shit is free-falling from the top right down to the bottom and being reflected on the field of play, yet Ryan is the obvious fall-guy because results aren't good at senior level. I'm not going to defend Ryan because I think he is a bluffer and has been found out; some of his decisions have been crazy but the problem is much bigger than him. He deserves a little slack.
Like a few other posters have said, a complete revamp is needed of Kildare GAA - not just the senior management team. Plus, you've got to take into consideration that as much as we would love to believe that Kildare should still be something of a reasonable force, the simple answer is they are not and have never really been other than a few years here and there under Micko and McGeeney.
There are also the facts that players not being good enough - we have no-one anywhere near the standard of Dermot or JD whose performances at times masked over many other problems down the years and this is reflected by the lack of leaders on the pitch to grab a particular situation by the scruff of the neck. Jason Ryan and his management skills haven't cut the mustard either, but I strongly feel that the negligent failings of the Co Board year after year are bringing all this to a head right now.
Changing a manager now would be like tackling a fire with a water pistol...the problem is deeper rooted and not primarily Ryan's doing...for some, he's just the easy target.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:57 am

Cill Dara Mick wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Has to be a piss take, If it's not I hope to god your never involved involved on the Kildare county bored all though thinking about it with shite like that you probably are Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:01 am

Cill Dara Mick wrote:

You have to be winding us up surely Mick ??

Agree with Poster re: plenty will be interested come next Term, if we have any Money to pay them that is !
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:15 am

Radley, we certainly won't know about availability or interest of management candidates unless we ask...
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:39 am

Crofter, that's true but the argument of my point (clearly not obvious enough, my bad) is not necessarily are these guys available or interested but more who is the right guy in the first place, a question that only the Co Board can answer cause ultimately it will be they (or a committee acting on their behalf) who will initially go in search of a manager whenever the time dictates. The appointment of the next Kildare manager has got to be the correct one given the slide...hell, it could be argued that it's possibly the biggest ever in Kildare football?
But for me, the Co Board inspire even less confidence in me than Jason Ryan, his management or his faltering players, so I'm not holding out much hope.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:08 am

The 2 best managers we had were approached by individuals from Kildare, Michael Osborne and Syl Merrins. This might be the best way to go about the selection process again.
Would Syl be interested in having another go? Surely better than the CB appointing a committee to handle it.
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:42 am

As far as I know Sly is very much still heavily involved in Kildare GAA, albeit behind the scenes. Yes, he has moved on to bigger and better things in the greater GAA world but he is widely respected and would be a good go-to man as head of any committee. But would the Co Board go for Syl or would the current Chairman want to lead the search??
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:16 am

Cill Dara Mick wrote:

Best post I have read in ages on here .. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   

Back to top Go down

Next manager: Suggestions.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next