Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Kildare v Cavan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1654
Join date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Obviously injuries, under-21s and fact that good clubs don't mean good intercounty to factor in, but strange to see a team for big game without a single player from arguably three best clubs in the county and the last five senior champions.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1997
Join date : 2010-02-02
Location : The Shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:45 pm

Maybe it says more about the overall quality of Kildare senior club football at the moment. Also the 2014 Kildare u21 champions only had 1 player selected on the u21 team last night and the beaten finalists had no panelists at all. Obviously a number of players would be overage now but interesting to note all the same.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1073
Join date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Interesting points but who from Sarsfields, Moorefield and Athy would you have in there, assuming Hyland, Kelly, Murnaghan and Smith are unavailable? Chalky and Mulhall the only realistic options I can think of and neither is playing great at the moment.

Mind you I have sympathy for Darroch, being asked to play a role he's completely unsuited to.

Now for something completely different, if you've got three minutes to spare and need cheering up, I recommend this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnj-TNEhfTA
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2367
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:39 pm

The day Geezer went over to Billy Sheehan when they were warming up beforehand and asked him what the fuck he was looking at. They were magnificent that day, Smithy and Jimmers absolutely flying, Roly and Mikey switching and linking, and Dermot and Daryl such a powerful combination in the middle
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:07 pm

Nothing leads me to believe we'll beat Cavan.

It'll be a tight affair but cavan be 3/4 points. Something like 0-12 to 0-08. A lot Cavan scores coming from placed balls.

Simple fact is lose this and were as good as relegated. Between us and Laois for wooden spoon .
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:58 pm

Ogie wrote:
The day Geezer went over to Billy Sheehan when they were warming up beforehand and asked him what the fuck he was looking at. They were magnificent that day, Smithy and Jimmers absolutely flying, Roly and Mikey switching and linking, and Dermot and Daryle such a powerful combination in the middle

That's exactly what's missing from Kildare at the moment. A manager who inspires his own players and intimidates the opposition. Imagine how a Kildare player felt seeing his manager sorting out the Laois players and how they feel when they hear Ryan and his interviews.

Don't like that team again. I was spot on the money last week regarding the team and how it would fair.
Again Keith Cribbin is in the half backs, the full forward line won't work, there is a lack of pace. The backs will continue to give away easy frees, we"ll play defensively as Ryan according to his interview last night we are going to click anytime so he won't change styles now.
The only positive is Flynn back in the team. How the other lads in the squad can watch some of the performances by certain players and not get a chance beggars belief. Why you would bother is beyond me.
Conclusion would be Div 3 for me after tonight and back to the darkest days for Kildare football.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 3498
Join date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Folks, looking at that Team again.. where are the Scores gonna come from ?, Is it gonna be a blistering Full Forward line of Tomas and Fionn ?, Where next for Eamon, in Goals ?.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2367
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:39 pm

Bad News Baba wrote:
Ogie wrote:
The day Geezer went over to Billy Sheehan when they were warming up beforehand and asked him what the fuck he was looking at. They were magnificent that day, Smithy and Jimmers absolutely flying, Roly and Mikey switching and linking, and Dermot and Daryle such a powerful combination in the middle

That's exactly what's missing from Kildare at the moment. A manager who inspires his own players and intimidates the opposition. Imagine how a Kildare player felt seeing his manager sorting out the Laois players and how they feel when they hear Ryan and his interviews.

Don't like that team again. I was spot on the money last week regarding the team and how it would fair.
Again Keith Cribbin is in the half backs, the full forward line won't work, there is a lack of pace. The backs will continue to give away easy frees, we"ll play defensively as Ryan according to his interview last night we are going to click anytime so he won't change styles now.
The only positive is Flynn back in the team. How the other lads in the squad can watch some of the performances by certain players and not get a chance beggars belief. Why you would bother is beyond me.
Conclusion would be Div 3 for me after tonight and back to the darkest days for Kildare football.

I knew that was coming... that can't be used as a stick to beat Ryan with, whatever else you want to use. Geezer was almost a one-off that way. Jim Gavin wouldn't do that. Eamonn Fitzmaurice wouldn't do that. Mickey Harte wouldn't do that. Jim McGuinness wouldn't do that. Malachy O'Rourke... I can't think of one other manager in the game right now that would. Micko certainly wouldn't! It was just Geezer. I don't think a team should be relying on their manager threatening bodily harm on a member of the opposition to get them going. If they are, they've got to take a real look at themselves. And I'm not saying Geezer did wrong, Christ I loved it when I heard it. I'm just saying he was a one-off but I knew when I put that up that one of three people wouldn't be able to help themselves.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 501
Join date : 2011-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:06 am

I'm not going full quotes on all the above but as Ogie said that's a once off and as pointed the current crop of top managers wouldn't do that. It's the players that should be in the opposition's face not relying on the manager.
I thought Geezer was good but I didn't subscribe to Geezer is God. It's just I still feel kildare players do not think on their feet and in all our history did t have enough nasty bastards. Daryl Flynn is one and so was Flano to an extent but Flynn especially was criticized for it.
I'm not supportive of Ryan as I think he isn't developing the team but the players are getting a free pass in all this and some of them midfield up need to up their game.
Cavan are better than us right now and they don't give a damn about the likes of Brolly and the Black Death label. We are talking about our u21s but look what they have coming up.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1073
Join date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:11 am

Seamus I agree that it's hard to see that forward line running up a winning total. I'm hoping there'll be a change before throw-in, preferably at full forward, but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:19 am

One of three people is it. The apologists can't help themselves can they.
Hard to take you seriously when you are constantly in condescending mode when it comes to Kildare football. Wasn' t it you who told us to know to know our place.

Maybe if you were from the County and your father's father watched Kildare you might just might feel how a lot of Kildare people feel. The manager is not good enough no matter how much smoke you blow up his arse, the results can't be argued with.
You keep bigging him up, I"ll stick to what I see in front of me and until he wins games I'll not be swayed from my opinion whether I'm one of a hundred, one of three or on my own.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 501
Join date : 2011-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:37 am

Baba i know that post was for someone else but do you think the players are getting it a bit easy here. I'm talking about experienced men who don't seem to be stepping up to the plate.
Fair enough counterpoint might be that Ryan has lost the dressing room and they aren't playing for him...
Im just throwing it out there.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1159
Join date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:33 am

If it was Ryan's fault that they lost leads to Tyrone and Down then surely it was his doing that they got into a winning position approaching full time. We cant absolve the players of blame just because the manager is not performing as well we hoped.
The manager cant tackle the opposition when they are running through us and it seems the players think the same. Surely a hard fought for lead must be protected at all costs including taking any cards that come your way.
Remember how Dublin closed out the final against Mayo in 2013, wasn't pretty or sporting but they were never going to let Mayo run past them.
How many Kildare players would you trust to do the same? We are far too nice for our own good and its time to change that.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2367
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:31 am

Bad News Baba wrote:
One of three people is it. The apologists can't help themselves can they.

Hard to take you seriously when you are constantly in condescending mode when it comes to Kildare football. Wasn' t it you who told us to know to know our place.

Maybe if you were from the County and your father's father watched Kildare you might just might feel how a lot of Kildare people feel. The manager is not good enough no matter how much smoke you blow up his arse, the results can't be argued with.
You keep bigging him up, I"ll stick to what I see in front of me and until he wins games I'll not be swayed from my opinion whether I'm one of a hundred, one of three or on my own.

One of three likely to pounce. Many more of course are not fans of Jason Ryan but they're not so desperate for him to be useless that they'd have gone for spurious comparisons. I just don't know why you can't have a discussion or why someone who doesn't agree with you has to be insulted and called names. I just don't believe in black and white.

I never said you should know your place and you won't find me saying that anywhere.

Don't know what the father's father Shite has to do with anything. Yeah, I'm a blow-in, been coaching here for 10 years. I am very much invested in Kildare GAA.

I'm blowing smoke up nobody's arse.

I haven't bigged up what he's done in Kildare. How could I? You won't produce any evidence of that either.

And like I said, it's not that there are only 3 of you that don't rate him, of course not.

Hopefully they'll win tonight.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1927
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:48 am

Feel like I'm back in the '80s watching this shite.

Expecting Gerry Power to be launched from the bench around the 50 minute mark.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 539
Join date : 2013-09-24
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:48 am

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1927
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:52 am

Can anyone imagine a manager - his team a point down and with an extra man - imploring the ref that time was up - AT HALF TIME ??? We actually went up the field and created a chance afterwards. Missed it of course in keeping with the general malaise but what the f... ???
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1073
Join date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:57 am

Crofter wrote:
Feel like I'm back in the '80s watching this shite.

Expecting Gerry Power to be launched from the bench around the 50 minute mark.

Jaysus Crofter we're in pole position. Point down, man up, huge wind to come.

If we don't win from here, we belong in Division Three.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 539
Join date : 2013-09-24
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:16 am

Why the fuck are we gone so far back we have no one in the forwards!!
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 539
Join date : 2013-09-24
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:21 am

Great score by Flats
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 539
Join date : 2013-09-24
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:26 am

That Meath prick is giving them everything!! Jason Ryan should make a change Smith should be brought on too
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 539
Join date : 2013-09-24
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:27 am

Getting nervous don't think we'll win hope to god im wrong
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 539
Join date : 2013-09-24
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:31 am

Yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss fucking delighted!!! Great play there by the lads!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2367
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:33 am

Cribbin score fantastic because he took so.e big hits coming out of defence. Some shoulder by Ollie... And Some contribution by Flynn and he kicking a round ball a few months. Some ball by Bolton and finally a Kildare forward running out to in rather in to out. You can't beat that sort of speed though
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2367
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:34 am

And meant to add a huge contribution by Bolton too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cavan   

Back to top Go down
 
Kildare v Cavan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Kildare v Cavan
» Kildare v Cavan Sunday 4th Dec
» kildare football all irelands in the 20s / 30s
» Anglo Celt on Seanie Johnston, McGeeney and Kildare.
» Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: