Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:41 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Caprea wrote:
What's going on with maynooth? Lost to nurney this week.

Hadnt they 3 County U21's and Donnellan also.. Thats a shock Result.

Paul Cribben and Barry McNally stood out for JTB.

Yep they did have their U21 players and donellan
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:27 am

Good to hear a few of the Under-21s have been called up. I think our hope of salvaging something from this year is to make changes and bring in a few of these lads. It might be a bit early for them but I think they would be a better bet than sticking with players who are clearly off form or not up to it.
I'd like to see a team along these lines start the championship:

Donnellan
Lyons P.Kelly Hyland
Houlihan E.Doyle Bolton
Moolick P.Cribbin
D.Flynn O'Flaherty O'Neill
N.Flynn Smith N.Kelly
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:41 am

Interesting team JohnnyC, I would hate to see Hyland thrown back in corner back though after playing so well in the half back line for the 21s. Would probably go with.

Donnellan

Lyons
Kelly
Fitzy

Hyland
Doyle
Bolton

Moolick
Paul Cribben

Dan Flynn
O Neill
Keith Cribben

N.Kelly
A.Smith
N.Flynn
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:54 am

carbury v moorefield wednesday night @7.30
Back to top Go down
Bigfullforward
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:58 pm

I'd play Tomas O'C (if fully fit) if Leix beat Carlow.
Their full back (Timmons) is too nice to handle Tomas.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Lillydreams wrote:
Houlihan is one definitely heard 5 or 6 more from the 21's were called up aswell! Assume flynn was aswell but with Jason we can never assume anything

Other than Houli and Flynn, Im not sure who else could be brought in that is up to it tbh.. 5 or 6 ?

Is Eddie Heavy the only Player brought in on League Form ? confused
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:07 am

Bigfullforward, your statement that Timmons is too nice is exactly the problem we have. Most of our players are nice guys on and off the field. The top counties have a number of players whose arrogance is palpable.The look down on the opposition and
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:14 am

Pressed send by mistake. Tare macauly for instance he along with connelly come across as the kind of person who could take your head off as quick as look at you. No Kildare player has the fear factor anymore.
Back to top Go down
Cill Dara Mick
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:28 am

Surely on that assumption David Whyte a 'Menace to Society' and Lenny Havens should be called up to the squad they could be the new 'Bad Boys' in town
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:40 am

At this stage whoever is called up will imo probably not even get a chance, and is probably only a token from Management.. I would be fairly sure come the 6th of June, there wont be too many, if any new Personnal wearing 1 - 15.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:13 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
At this stage whoever is called up will imo probably not even get a chance, and is probably only a token from Management.. I would be fairly sure come the 6th of June, there wont be too many, if any new Personnal wearing 1 - 15.

+1.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:38 am

the big changes will come with new manager in december
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:47 am

fone wrote:

We can only hope fone, and You are right, its a chance for a New Manager to build a New Team.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:48 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
fone wrote:

We can only hope fone, and You are right, its a chance for a New Manager to build a New Team.
the way i look at it ryan will be pushed by clubs a new manager comes in will know what players he will need youth seems the best way forward
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:50 am

fone wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
fone wrote:

the way  i look at it ryan will be pushed by clubs  a new manager comes in  will know what players he will need  youth seems the best  way forward
Who would you like to be brought in Fone if you don't mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:05 am

A lot of managers make the mistake of being too loyal to players who have served the team well down the years. Kerry did it in the 80's and didn't win an AI for 11 years, a very long time for them.
Cody and Ferguson didn't do sentiment and continued to win titles.
Kildare really need to start all over again with a lot of younger players getting a regular start. Div 3 will give us that leeway hopefully and a new manager should generate a very positive attitude from players and supporters.
Not going to stop being perpetually optimistic about Kildare at this stage of my life!
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:16 am

LillieLad wrote:
fone wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
fone wrote:

the way  i look at it ryan will be pushed by clubs  a new manager comes in  will know what players he will need  youth seems the best  way forward
Who would you like to be brought in Fone if you don't mind me asking?
cian o neill or kevin mc stay love to see rainbow brain lacey or ronan sweeney helping out some way , kildare county board need get right man for job
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:44 am

Tell me if McStay wasnt on The Sunday Game would ye still be creaming ureslves for him?
Back to top Go down
Kildareman83
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:31 am

I don't understand how some players are still on the panel and the likes of Eddie Heavey Adam tyrrell ray Cahill Neil Flynn aren't on the panel
Back to top Go down
Lillydreams
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:35 am

I agree Kildareman83! Are the four of them players not better then our captain leper?
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:48 am

Lillydreams wrote:
I agree Kildareman83! Are the four of them players not better then our captain leper?

No.

And I'm sick of seeing one of Kildare's greatest servants slaughtered on the internet.

As for the broader point giving someone like Ryan Houlihan his first inter-county start in a championship game would be madness. He has plenty of potential but it takes time to adapt to IC football.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:53 pm

I would have to say Leper has struggled a little this year but so have a lot of the so called more experienced players. As for calling up all these names to join the panel. I believe that the players on the panel at the moment are probably the best in the county bar 1 or 2. I can guarantee they would probably be flying with their clubs if they were not on the county squad.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:56 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Lillydreams wrote:

No.

And I'm sick of seeing one of Kildare's greatest servants slaughtered on the internet.

As for the broader point giving someone like Ryan Houlihan his first inter-county start in a championship game would be madness. He has plenty of potential but it takes time to adapt to IC football.

Agree with that on Houli.. but should Eamon still be picked of the back of what He has done previously, or on current form ?.. Yes He should'nt be slated, but beither should He be picked if not performing to the levels required !
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:23 am

Botch wrote:
As for calling up all these names to join the panel.  I believe that the players on the panel at the moment are probably the best in the county bar 1 or 2. I can guarantee they would probably be flying with their clubs if they were not on the county squad.

You're right on that. There are some decent players out there who haven't been involved recently but would they improve the panel greatly? The handful that were selected after the December challenge matches didn't exactly set the world alight. The standard of the senior club championship is fairly average and the players who do stand out are usually the established names.

It's a shame Mick Foley and Hugh McGrillen didn't commit this year but their reasons should be respected after many years of great service. Some of the names mentioned on this thread have different circumstances that might impact on their involvement. Shane Connolly has just started a new job, Adam Tyrrell has a young baby at home and Ray Cahill is in the army which as we've seen with the u21 panel this year, can be a negative when it comes to committing to a county panel. It would be good to have some of these guys involved but it's not always possible.

Starting afresh next year is all well and good but it's going to take time. This year's u21s were promising but they do not have much senior club experience, let alone senior inter county. The 2013 u21s who are involved with the Kildare seniors now are still finding their way two years later. It would be no harm to have a few of them like Flynn, Houlihan, Sherry and Connell on the senior panel to get some experience but throwing them straight into championship football would be a big ask. They might have plans to travel on a J1 for the summer for all we know.
Back to top Go down
onthewayup
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:18 am

I don't buy into this that there are not currently any better players out there. I was a a certain club game last weekend and the team that won where a delight to watch play. They way the defensive side of the team played was out of this world. They played as a unit using a sweeper and kept the other team to no score at half time. There where players on that team that would give there left arm to play senior football for kildare but for one reason or another have not being involved.

Week in week out there are players performing out of there skin and not getting the call and this is right across kildare club football. If someone wants it that much to play for the kildare senior footballers then they should be given every chance to do so.

Now I'm not saying that the whole panal at present are at fault but there does need to be a complete revamp. One thing which could work would be open trails for the new management for next year give every body a chance and whittle it down from there. Then and only then will you get the best footballers kildare have to offer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   

Back to top Go down

Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next