Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:50 am

Not all the best players in the county will give the required commitment to be on the county squad due to a variety of reasons I would think......
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:57 am

carbury 0-13 moorefield 1-7
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:30 am

This thing about players not being able to give the commitment, is it not the job of the management to facilitate the best players in the county to ensure we have our best players playing for us. Look at the situation in Donegal where Thompson isn't in the country and hasn't trained with Donegal once but he is still being facilitated by Gallagher. Obviously if lads are taking the proverbial that can't be tolerated but if when it is only work stopping them commiting the management need to and should find a way of facilitating them.

Anyway we have gone way off topic here discussing the Kildare senior team and not league results, very good result for Carbury tonight.
Back to top Go down
onthewayup
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:04 am

TMH drew with Eadestown tonight
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:14 am

robertstown v straffan off
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:35 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Lillydreams wrote:
I agree Kildareman83! Are the four of them players not better then our captain leper?

No.

And I'm sick of seeing one of Kildare's greatest servants slaughtered on the internet.

As for the broader point giving someone like Ryan Houlihan his first inter-county start in a championship game would be madness. He has plenty of potential but it takes time to adapt to IC football.

Agree with that on Houli.. but should Eamon still be picked of the back of what He has done previously, or on current form ?.. Yes He should'nt be slated, but beither should He be picked if not performing to the levels required !

No he definitely shouldn't. I'm just sick of seeing players who have done nothing beyond club level praised to the heavens while lads who've given their entire adult lives to Kildare are slated.

All season, all over Facebook and forums I have been reading people slating Leper like he's some sort of eejit or he's not trying. I was watching the 2010 AI semi the other night and he was heroic. That man has been playing for Kildare for 12 years, been through a litany of bad injuries, taken huge time off work. Then his form is a little off and his own supporters use him as a scapegoat.

I've only seen the Cavan and Meath games and thought he was poor against Meath (so were most) and played reasonably well against Cavan. Does it occur to people that he's trying to get back to full match fitness and recover from injuries that would have finished most players at his age?

I understand he's off his best and if that continues then he won't start. But I wouldn't write him off yet either and I'd absolutely love if he had a great game against Laois or Carlow and shoved it down the throat of the critics. It's a shame that the most vicious of those critics are his own "fans". Nice way to thank him.  

Anyway of the four mentioned I think Neil Flynn would have the best chance of having an impact this summer though I still think people underestimate the leap from U21 to senior.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:26 pm

O2, you must be referring to other forums if you claim Leper was slaughtered. All people here were saying his current form isn't good enough to be an automatic starter as he seems to be. He is not the only one who is in that boat by the way.
You mentioned his great display that day in the semifinal but that was 5 years ago. A lot of Kildare players were heroic that day but how many of them are still starting for Kildare. JD and Lynch also had great games but niether are in Kildare plans to play a maor role in the championship.
Personally I would like to see him involved of the bench in the future as he still has a lot to offer. We have a lot of young players who should backbone the team for the year. A lot of them have plenty of experience in the seniors already and others like Hyland and a few of the U21's should also get a run.
It's to easy to say that they are not good enough but they can and will improve with first team experience unlike older players who surely are not going to improve at this stage of their career.
We have a window of oppurtunity now with Div 3 and low expectations to experiment for the future. Its not as if anyone expects us to win anything this year or do they?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:41 pm

Some very interesting Posts there Folks..I have often heard it said, that its harder to get off the Kildare Senior Panel, than to get on it.. One question I would like to ask is, how exactly does a Player get Selected / Picked to Play for Kildare, is it Club form, Trials in October, Club / Club Managers recomending (yeah right) or something other ???..
I read recently that in Kerry, if a Player or Club feels they have something to offer, they can approach the County Manager / Management, and that Player will be given a chance to prove His worth.. No doubts the relationship between Club and County is a strong One.

Another Point I will make is, their are Players from Counties based in Dublin etc, Working or in College, and are either facilitated in that Area for Training or there is an understanding that they will do less directly with the County, as it would be Logistically not possible. Thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:10 pm

This notion that there are better players playing SFL week in, week out with their clubs than are currently on the senior county panel is age old dribble...the difference in standard of Kildare SFL in comparison to inter-county football in colossal.
Personally speaking, being better than others is irrelevant if that particular player or players cannot give the required commitment to the county team for whatever reason. Furthermore, and I am not saying this is right or wrong, but for years previous to McGeeney Kildare went with the so-called better players in the county but had absolutely no system in place on the field to either maximise their abilities and/or get due reward. Me, for one, I am more in favour of a workable system rather than a team of players playing light rabbits caught in the headlights.
Also, to suggest that anyone from outside the panel to be thrown into the Kildare panel right now and handed a championship start/place on the bench against Laois/Carlow in June is madness. You might be lucky that it could be pulled off but realistically it would be nothing more than a stab in the dark.
McGeeney went down that route when throwing Hurley and Keith Cribbin in at the deep end and that did nothing but put their careers back a couple of years - their confidence was shot to pieces because of it. Padraig Hurley is another prime example - carried JTB for years and then got thrown into the fire up in Derry by Crofton in 2006 and got the hook at half-time, never to be seen again.
I think the general consensus here is that this year is a right off on the back of the league results - the only thing I would suggest is giving the players (and Ryan) who have gotten Kildare into this mess one last chance to rectify it. The championship, even if confidence is down, will no doubt give them a pep in their step (hopefully).
After that everyone knows that Ryan is gone one way or the other at the end of the season, whenever that may be. Then is the time to look at the make-up of the panel and rejig it/strip it back to its bare bones.
Division 3 next year should see a rebuilding process but at the same time I think a reality check is also needed in that Kildare are far from over-loaded with top quality players. Yes, they have encouraging young players coming through but there are 100's of promising players failing to deliver around the country every year and Kildare is no different. Also, they have lost of whole raft of experienced players in recent years, those who excelled under McGeeney are a few years older now, while Paddy Brophy - who is the only young guy to really deliver at senior level - and Sean Hurley are in Oz for the foreseeable future.
Just my thoughts - hopefully I won't get slaughtered like some of the players tend to do on here.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:26 pm

Spot on Radley.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:42 pm

Carbury 13 Moorefield 1 - 7

Good tough game Moorefield had two players sent off in the last 5 minutes as Carbury were frustrating them.

No County players played last night as they were on a Training program? Madness only in Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:52 pm

steviegenius wrote:

Good tough game Moorefield had two players sent off in the last 5 minutes as Carbury were frustrating them.

No County players played last night as they were on a Training program? Madness only in Kildare.

Madenss is right...only last weeek at the County Board meeting clubs were told that their county players would be available for the next four rounds of the SFL!
It's unbelievable how this situation continues and is allowed to continue. There are so many players on the county panel that desperately need game time and plenty of it, but somehow it is deemed that it a training programme is more appropriate. Wasn't that the sword that ultimately cost McGeeney his job?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:04 am

I agree that players not making the match day sq should play for their clubs and it seems a lot of them do certainly more than during the previous regime. Last night was a rearranged match which is probably why there was a clash but there's certainly a few in dire need of game time.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:47 am

Neither of the Bolton's or P Kelly featured in the Eadestown v TMH Match.
Back to top Go down
onthewayup
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:29 am

I heard the younger bolts played for eadestown ????
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:29 am

steviegenius wrote:

I'm back

Straight reds or what??
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:45 am

welcome walsheman county players will play on sunday . kildare play match on saturday
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:27 am

fone wrote:
welcome walsheman  county players will  play on sunday . kildare play match on saturday

So much for protecting against 'burnout'.

Let see how many players turn up with 'niggling injuries' and don't want to risk it.
Back to top Go down
onthewayup
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:16 am

I'm sure they will all want to play seen as its a long time away for them to have a actual meaningfull match.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:04 am

2 Moores sent off in last 5 minutes when beaten? Well I never, stone the crows.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:33 am

fone wrote:
referee failed turn up @7pm but came at 7.40pm but straffan did not want match to go ahead when referee turn up.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:28 pm

The two Moorefield lads got two yellows each
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:44 pm

fone wrote:
fone wrote:
 referee failed turn up @7pm but came at  7.40pm but straffan did not want match to go ahead when referee turn up.

40 minutes is pushing it. They were well within their rights to not play it. I do feel 7 is very tight for a game anyway. A lot of lads barely make a 7pm game and never really warm up correctly.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:31 am

Wouln't fancy playing Robertstown in the Dark. affraid
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:58 am

moorefield 0-17 st kevins 0-10
naas 1-11 carbury 1-11
maynooth 5-13 suncroft 1-7
kill 0-15 straffan 2-8
sarsfields 2-13 JTB 0-10
monastervin 1-11 allenwood 0-5

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   

Back to top Go down

Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next