Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed May 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Thats a fair point Kelf re: Leixlip.. One could also say the same for Monasterevin, and I would imagine Grange, Rheban and Castlemitchell would raid the Athy Boundry regularly.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed May 27, 2015 1:43 pm

I would say the other way around in terms of raiding in the Athy boundry Seamus......ask anyone from Grange, Rheban and Castlemitchell about the players they have lost over the years to there big town neighbours......
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed May 27, 2015 2:23 pm

overthebar wrote:
I would say the other way around in terms of raiding in the Athy boundry Seamus......ask anyone from Grange, Rheban and Castlemitchell about the players they have lost over the years to there big town neighbours......

Wouldn't have thought they (Athy) would have needed to poach with their Population ??. Would have thought that Players who were surplus to them might have looked elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed May 27, 2015 3:31 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
overthebar wrote:

Wouldn't have thought they (Athy) would have needed to poach with their Population ??. Would have thought that Players who were surplus to them might have looked elsewhere.

You know how it is Seamus, they'll see a real talent and poach him, with the promise of gold, riches (senior football, boost to county ambition) etc... the ugly side of the game. It certainly happens.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed May 27, 2015 6:01 pm

Ogie wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
overthebar wrote:

You know how it is Seamus, they'll see a real talent and poach him, with the promise of gold, riches (senior football, boost to county ambition) etc... the ugly side of the game. It certainly happens.

Not in my minor days, that place on the bench was all mine, a true townie.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed May 27, 2015 11:37 pm

Robertstown 1-5 St Laurence's 7-15
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu May 28, 2015 1:20 pm

Can someone please send me a a link to SFL league tables. I cannot find on the website, in results.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu May 28, 2015 2:09 pm

lilysavage wrote:
Can someone please send me a a link to SFL league tables. I cannot find on the website, in results.
check the leinster leader or click on division 1,2 or 3 in results section they should come up
Back to top Go down
lomond
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri May 29, 2015 8:54 am

Caragh 0-07 Kill 0-14
Back to top Go down
Cill Dara Mick
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri May 29, 2015 9:30 am

Did Larries really score 7-15 Shocked
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri May 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Cill Dara Mick wrote:
Did Larries really score 7-15 Shocked

It is a big score alright, but Hardly that Big a shock.. Strong Senior Team versus a Junior Team.

Ellistown 1 - 12. TMH 0 - 10.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Two Lads that have really impressed Me this Year to Date with their Clubs, are Luke Flynn at Full Back for JTB, and Paddy Dunne at Full Forward for Athy.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Saw Chris Fenner playing for St. Laurences this week. He was great.
Himself and Rob Kelly are the only ones I've seen so far in the league that really stood out.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:22 am

Allenwood 4-18 leixlip 2-11 some win for Allenwood. Johnny Doyle scored 2-8
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:46 am

Lily8 wrote:
Saw Chris Fenner playing for St. Laurences this week. He was great.
Himself and Rob Kelly are the only ones I've seen so far in the league that really stood out.

You must see very little then.

Some result for Allenwood.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:54 am

jim wrote:
Allenwood 4-18 leixlip 2-11 some win for Allenwood. Johnny Doyle scored 2-8

<3 JD 24 year olds shouldn't have heroes but he's mine...
Back to top Go down
onthewayup
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:03 pm

TMH 2-7
Nurney 1-6
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:29 pm

S.F.L. Div 1 : Allenwood 1.11 Moorefield 2.19

Last edited by Gaa1928 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:12 pm

I see Castledermot beat Athy last Weekend.. If they played every Game at Home they would win it out. Idea

Same old same at the top of div 1, the Sash and the Moores, and I see they meet this Weekend, worth a visit id say.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:13 pm

I am sorry to have to write this, as I know how hard a referees job is, however here goes :

I have been involved in the GAA, at some level for over 45 years and during that time have always beieved that the referee is beyond reproach, until tonight.

The refereeing in the Sarsfields v Moorefield this evening was rediculous, I swear he must make up his own rules as he goes along because some/most of his decisions were just not understandable.

In what was a usual intense local derby, but not dirty, he also seen fit to issue 5 red cards, 4 black cards and I lost count of the number of yellows.      

This match was always going to be about one person one the pitch and he wasn't a player.

Very, very sad.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:50 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
I am sorry to have to write this, as I know how hard a referees job is, however here goes :

I have been involved in the GAA, at some level for over 45 years and during that time have always beieved that the referee is beyond reproach, until tonight.

The refereeing in the Sarsfields v Moorefield this evening was rediculous, I swear he must make up his own rules as he goes along because some/most of his decisions were just not understandable.

In what was a usual intense local derby, but not dirty, he also seen fit to issue 5 red cards, 4 black cards and I lost count of the number of yellows.      

This match was always going to be about one person one the pitch and he wasn't a player.

Very, very sad.

God the teams must have ran out of subs at that rate....
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:14 am

Having also been at the game yesterday, I couldn't get over the refereeing either. How 5 lads were sent off is still beyond me, 3 of the sending offs came in a "melee" in which not one punch was thrown, plenty of wrestling alright and 3 yellow cards would have been sufficient. The 3 black cards in fairness I felt were deserved, 2 deliberate trips and a deliberate pull down.

If you looked at the reactions of both teams after the game, you would know it wasn't a dirty game, physical yes but never dirty. The ref I feel just lost the run of himself!

Back to top Go down
All down the line
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:50 am

Looked like a nice evening, top of the table clash between the the county's premier clubs, I decided I'd go and sample the atmosphere. I had heard some work colleagues talk about the rivalry and atmosphere.
It was referee dominated all right, maybe 5 times he made the Sarsfield's goalkeeper retake kickouts as he deemed them to be too quick, (I eventually copped that he was writing the score in his notebook with his back to the play on these occasions).
The melee was serious at the start but fizzled out into a wresting match. The black cards were deserved and it was good to see a corner forward get one before half time for his 3rd trip/drag on his marker. This is cynical play and is as bad as a forward being pulled down while heading towards goal. It ruins the continuity of the game and negates any chance of a quick flowing move down field. Good call by the referee. See note 4 below.
Quite a contrast in styles of play, Sarsfield's have quite a number of highly talented ball players while Moorefield seem to rely on a more in your face type of game with lots of chasing and harrying of the player in possession. There's a tendency towards cynical fouling in their play encouraged by some of their more raucous supporters.
What did I learn:
1. There are more cars in Newbridge than people, although have to hand it to the Sarsfield's stewards, I was passing Hawkfield 6 mins after the final whistle even though they had parked me down beside the Dept. of Defence bunker.
2. The Sarsfield's pitch is vast.
3. Nowadays it is more important for a midfielder to win the race to the sideline for a quick kickout than field the ball.
4. Being from Kerry doesn't mean your a great footballer. Both sides seem to have an endless supply of same standard players ready to come on. It is a testament to their under age work. Apparently Sarsfields have reached 19 county minor semifinals in 25 years.
5. The sad thought that struck me when the sides were level at 9 points each was that even if you dropped ten players from the current Kildare team into this match they wouldn't stand out. Not saying that any of the players last evening should be on the county panel.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:52 am

topcat wrote:
Having also been at the game yesterday, I couldn't get over the refereeing either. How 5 lads were sent off is still beyond me, 3 of the sending offs came in a "melee" in which not one punch was thrown, plenty of wrestling alright and 3 yellow cards would have been sufficient. The 3 black cards in fairness I felt were deserved, 2 deliberate trips and a deliberate pull down.

If you looked at the reactions of both teams after the game, you would know it wasn't a dirty game, physical yes but never dirty. The ref I feel just lost the run of himself!

I agree topcat, the problem is ' this ref' lost the run of himself AGAIN.   Even leaving out all of the cards, some of his decisions were just not understandable, for both teams I might add.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:10 am

Who was the ref?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   

Back to top Go down

Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next