Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Galway and the permutations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:31 am

Kildare miss a penalty on 32 minutes. And that's that
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:33 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
jj wrote:
I'm fully aware of the issues Tommy and am certainly not trying to sweep things under the carpet, we are in a dire position, but I don't seek to be told I called it right all the time unlike some

Maybe you should, it's what winners do. They are ruthless, want to be the best, don't accept stupidity and idiocy and greed and all those other traits. Sadly since McGeeney left we have forgotten this. A joke. A complete and utter joke. And, IT IS COMPLETELY DESERVED. Karma is a bitch. Roll on Drogheda.

So you seeking praise on here is going to sort out Kildare GAA , ok I have it now .....
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:39 am

No you can't see beyond me, I'm seeking for a pair of balls to drop in the county, this being a dawn of adolescence, responsibilty from idiots, resignation from incompetents and a fresh start. Those that are there can't even accept help while in their knees such is their arrogance. Until that changes - and for the first time in my life since going to every league and challenge and O'Byrne Cup game since I was 4 - frankly I don't care. Life is too short to waste on idiocy.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:12 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
No you can't see beyond me, I'm seeking for a pair of balls to drop in the county, this being a dawn of adolescence, responsibilty from idiots, resignation from incompetents and a fresh start. Those that are there can't even accept help while in their knees such is their arrogance. Until that changes - and for the first time in my life since going to every league and challenge and O'Byrne Cup game since I was 4 - frankly I don't care. Life is too short to waste on idiocy.

Agree with almost all that post Tommy, I took issue with your initial post this afternoon which appeared to seek some sort of back slapping exercise in here for calling it correctly in 2013. That type of nonsense achieves nothing as you well know.
Hard to know where to start in the county to get things going in right direction really. Feels strange saying that given that our underage teams have been performing better in general than at any stage in the last 50 years.
First place you'd have to suggest at getting sorted is the county board I suppose but that requires a Pat Mangan type figure at the helm and there ain't too many of them around with a burning desire for the true wellbeing of Kildare GAA
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:27 am

First things first is to stop fighting but there are so many agendas and notional politicians inside that room at the monthly county board meetings.
They need to be straight and not be dealing in any backhanded crap.We have to remember Geezer lost by one poxy vote meaning 28 clubs supported him. That leaves a county divided and a well organized heave worked well for the clubs that wanted Geezer out.
They didn't give a shit who replaced and were happy just see the other man walk. That meant that half the county were pissed off, plus more than likely many members of those who voted against Geezer.
The county panel wanted him to stay but clubs with county men voted him out. So even within clubs people were not happy.
In the end it's all ended in a big pile of crap with so much negative vibes. Tommy might say he doesn't care but he does, we fecking all do. It's time for a reboot and for kildare gaa to start pulling in the one direction.
Ryan is a dead man walking but what we do from Sept on counts. On the field at underage we are good. Hawk field is top class. But our finances are slap dash and we need stability.
We also need at club level to look at our officers and ask do they really give a shite about kildare. This works both ways and county boards need to ensure clubs are respected and have decent access to players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:30 am

Flamingo wrote:
First things first is to stop fighting but there are so many agendas and notional politicians inside that room at the monthly county board meetings.
They need to be straight and not be dealing in any backhanded crap.We have to remember Geezer lost by one poxy vote meaning 28 clubs supported him. That leaves a county divided and a well organized heave worked well for the clubs that wanted Geezer out.
They didn't give a shit who replaced and were happy just see the other man walk. That meant that half the county were pissed off, plus more than likely many members of those who voted against Geezer.
The county panel wanted him to stay but clubs with county men voted him out. So even within clubs people were not happy.
In the end it's all ended in a big pile of crap with so much negative vibes. Tommy might say he doesn't care but he does, we fecking all do. It's time for a reboot and for kildare gaa to start pulling in the one direction.
Ryan is a dead man walking but what we do from Sept on counts. On the field at underage we are good. Hawk field is top class. But our finances are slap dash and we need stability.
We also need at club level to look at our officers and ask do they really give a shite about kildare. This works both ways and county boards need to ensure clubs are respected and have decent access to players.

+1

Well said.

But Ryan should be removed now.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:53 am

Flamingo wrote:

Well said. Just as an aside - that I know goes against the above - can anyone tell me what way Athy and Castledermot voted that infamous night in 2013?

PS Listening to Ryan now. "Not here to talk about individual players." "Don't have an answer for that now." "Sometimes realise we weren't the best team." "The Westmeath match..." "Monaghan played Division Three and won an Ulster title, it's momentum that is important." Are we paying this guy expenses. Christ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:01 am

As usual the KFM crew tickle bellies and pinch cheeks when he should be spit rosted like a pig at a medieval fair.

It's a cosy old relationship they have, an old nod and a wink, everything that is wrong in Ireland albeit on a smaller scale.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:15 am

Murphy me hole. You guys are worse than tabloids. What the fuck has Murphy done at senior level. He played no sweeper against the best u 21 forward line in the country and left a young lad get roasted by a Dublin senior footballer. Counties do not get rid of coaches midseason , this is not soccer. And if they do change after the summer, Glenn Ryan is the only Kildare man up to it. Experience, respect and someone who will sort out our defensive weaknesses. Also people need to cop on with the abuse. This is an amateur game. Every chance of a run in the qualifiers again, we are not far behind all bar top 5 or 6.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:25 am

lilysavage wrote:
Murphy me hole. You guys are worse than tabloids. What the fuck has Murphy done at senior level. He played no sweeper against the best u 21 forward line in the country and left a young lad get roasted by a Dublin senior footballer. Counties do not get rid of coaches midseason , this is not soccer. And if they do change after the summer, Glenn Ryan is the only Kildare man up to it. Experience, respect and someone who will sort out our defensive weaknesses. Also people need to cop on with the abuse. This is an amateur game. Every chance of a run in the qualifiers again, we are not far behind all bar top 5 or 6.

Can't you see the contradiction in your logic.

Anyway, the point Murphy was mentioned was because we are realistic and sensible. A) It gives us time to hunt a new manager and for me McEntee and then McStay are realisitic, B) you won't sack Ryan and get a long-term prospect this time of year and C) what harm, we can't go any lower so let Murphy try, might bring him on as a coach and if not, nothing really lost.
Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:31 am

Surely Mc Stay would be the obvious choice wouldnt he? He wanted it the last time.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:40 am

I'm sure he will want a few pound too. Something we don't have.
I imagine in our budgetary constraints McEntee might fancy the chance to step up to county.
Glenn Ryan would be within means.
Longer term but would like to see how Carew goes with Sligo. In fairness it was a hiding to nothing with Waterford.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:13 am

We talk about in-fighting in the county and this site does it's best to mirror that in the aftermath of another demoralising away day supporting the team.

Ryan must go and go now. Some of his decision-making is just juvenile and we could put any club manager in charge for the summer and it couldn't get any worse.

However (and I know I will be lambasted) but anyone who lifts their head out of their backside for a second will realise that we don't have the quality of player to be dining at the top table at the moment. That doesn't mean Div 3 is our level but it's certainly not Div 1. Those that were there today rather than pontificating from listening on the radio will surely have seen the difference in class of the likes of Shane Walsh (named originally only as a sub), Lundy and their full forward whose name escapes me but tore Fitz a new one. Not to mention their midfield who were head and shoulders above our makeshift centre field, hard and all as the two lads tried.

We have a poor full back line who get turned by any forwards of genuine quality, a goalkeeper who can't find a colleague from a kick, a half back line who go AWOL as soon as an opponent puts the head down and goes at that, a midfield pairing that are stop gaps (although Cribbin is the one real class act in our 15), and a forward line that couldn't create to save its life. Poor technical players across the board if you want to measure us against the top sides. We have lost in recent years Earley, Callaghan (effectively he is nowhere near the same player), Foley, Sweeney, Flynn, Morgan, Johnny and Brophy. I personally supported Geezer to the hilt but I don't think he'd have kept this team in Div 1. He would have kept it in Div 2 though.

Listing all those players is not to defend Jason - he has done an appalling job in his 18 months and there's no reason that squad couldn't be competitive in Div 2. Some of his choices today were beyond the beyond:
- no sweeper against a team with a quicksilver and talented forward line
- Peter Kelly stranded on the wing when the full back line was being destroyed
- Eoin Doyle and Dan Flynn left on the bench ??
- Mikey Conway introduced ahead of Darroch Mulhall??
- Leper left on nearly the whole game?
- Not telling Donnellan from early on to drive the feckin thing down the field?

So we had a useless manager in charge of an average, callow squad badly lacking in leadership. Perfect recipe for what's just transpired.

Got to send him back down the M9 immediately and get down on hands and knees to have Glen back. Or McStay, or Murphy. Although I'd eally love Jack O'Connor which presumably would be too expensive.

Bring in Flynn and maybe Houlihan from the '21s - not sure anyone else is ready/ up to it. Start developing a defensive strategy first and foremost that protects the full back line (which must include Kelly). We have a few sweeper choices - Murnaghan, Bolton, O'Brien. Give Conway the boot from CB - he seems to be going backwards - and stick E Doyle or Chalky there with Moolick back into midfield. Get in a decent forwards coach. Under McGeeney for a couple of years around 2009/10 we played some magnificent attacking football without necessarily having the best players around. They worked on tactics and found a way to get the best out of what's available. Coaching. Management.

I could go on.

To finish on a positive note - I'm long enough in the tooth to know this is not the end of Kildare football even if it we're at our lowest ebb I believe since before Micko arrived. But look at Div 1 next year - Roscommon and Monaghan have both been down there in recent years. Armagh were relegated a year ago. I don't think anyone wrote them off as a footballing wasteland and with a good manager they are on the up again.

Another lesson is Down - we knocked six shades of shite out of them 9 months ago in their own backyard and they're up into Div 1 with a new manager. The pendulum swings, but by god do we need a reaction to today from CB (and players).

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:37 am

Fair post Crofter but I'd ask this. Why at underage level have we players that can take them apart (only to kick wides) but three years later are destroyed by them. What are they doing that we aren't doing in those years? And whatever about dining at top table, maybe we shouldn't be there, be we shouldn't be on our knees under the top table either...
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:54 am

TK, to say we tore them apart is an exaggeration, being able to use the ball well is a huge part of Gaelic Football as you mention above we used it terribly that day! I remember Shane Walsh beating us on his own more or less that day, same player marked him for the whole game!! (neither here nor there) by the accounts of many who were at the game today, Walsh was to the fore again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:08 am

topcat wrote:
TK, to say we tore them apart is an exaggeration, being able to use the ball well is a huge part of Gaelic Football as you mention above we used it terribly that day! I remember Shane Walsh beating us on his own more or less that day, same player marked him for the whole game!! (neither here nor there) by the accounts of many who were at the game today, Walsh was to the fore again.

Why was an All Star corner back playing half back whilst at the same time a top class half back remained on the bench.

There are so so so many questions about Jason Ryan's 18 months in charge and no answers forthcoming.

Why can someone tell me has Jason Ryan not came up for discussion at county board meetings
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:21 am

My reply to TK was not meant as an endorsement of Jason Ryan, merely some perspective as I believe his version of us tearing Galway apart in that 21s semi final was not entirely correct.

To answer your questions I have no idea why Doyle wasn't used today or why Peter Kelly was left at wing back today, along with a lot other decisions made over the last 18 months, they are baffling.

Jason Ryan's term is for two years and is subject to a review at the end of each one, I have no idea if it was discussed last year or if it wasn't why it wasn't! It more than likely won't be discussed until the end of the year, chairman et al won't allow that discussion to take place until that time!!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:23 am

Topcat answered for me TK. Also, we have failed to beat Galway at any level of football (I remain open to correction), certainly at senior level since a league win in 1985 - that's something like 10 or 12 outings. You can't say just because we had one decent under-21 team in a blue moon (that still blew it through the old Kildare failings of poor shooting and poor decision making) that we are at the top level in under age. We've won one under 21 All Ireland (50 years ago this year) and none at minor level. We don't breed winning teams as a rule. Before you say I'm being defeatest I am not. If the Micko years taught me one thing it's that good things do sometimes come about even to perennial losers. Never thought we'd win a Leinster even in my lifetime having gone through the 70's and '80's as my formative years supporting Kildare. But the pendulum did swing, albeit for a very short time. Geezer nearly swung it back again but was let down uktimately by the lack of true class at his disposal. Any manager coming in is not playing with as strong a deck as those two managers in my opinion. This is one of the weakest groups of players I've seen in my lifetime. Even when we struggled before we had leaders and one or two really class players. Tommy Carew, Ollie Crinnigan, Paddy O'Donoghue, John Crofton, Larry Tompkins, Martin Lynch on his day and the likes. Micko's team had an array of top top players and I think we are only realising that now : Davy Dalton, Glen Ryan, Rainbow, Nuxer, McCreery, Earley. Today honestly I can only see Paul Cribbin as a really top class act in our side. Maybe Peter Kelly played in the right position and with an injury free run. Bolton perhaps if he was a bit younger. Maybe Niall Kelly has the potential although I think he blows hit and cold. That's it really. No one else to lace the boots of those guys I've listed. And not a leader among them unfortunately.

So yes, hanging on to the tablecloth at the top table perhaps, but I can't see that we should be dining at it.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:42 am

Topcat I think the qualifier performances against Down and Monaghan probably convinced the CB to go again with Ryan and in fairness I don't think anyone could have predicted the implosion this year. The players seemed to be playing for him still last year but I'm not so sure anymore and the noises out of the camp certainly suggest otherwise.
Also I don't think there was any real chance of him getting the push last year as too many people would have had too much egg on their faces.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:16 am

Good posts there Crofter about the realistic level of players we have now and how superior the talent Micko had available to him. We are a div 2 side at best and indeed were for most of Mcgeeney's time as well.
No one can defend the manager as he has been really awful in his team selections, style of play and especially post match interviews. I know this will annoy a couple of people here but it was a pity McGeeney brought him on board in the first place. It made him an obvious choice for the CB when the enormity of what they had done sank in. Had he not already been on board then imo McStay would have been an easy appointment to make.
On the positive side Meath, Monaghan, Roscommon and Armagh were all in Div 3 and bounced back quickly and are all doing well now. With a new manager and a rapid replacement of some old names with younger ones we should be in a better place next year.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:31 am

I was going to write a big tirade but I can't be bothered, the fire in me for Kildare GAA is near extinguished and its heartbreaking.

Thank you Jason Ryan, you have just about managed to do what Countless disappointments following Kildare over the last 25 years failed to do and that is make me not care.

Last edited by Bad News Baba on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:39 am

Bad News Baba wrote:
I was going to write a big tirade but I can't be bothered, the fire in me for Kildare GAA is near extinguished and its heartbreaking.

Thank you Jason Ryan, you have just about managed to do what Countless disappointments following Kildare over the last 25 years failed to do and that is make me a not care.
and thank john mc mahon as well for hiring him
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:15 pm

murof wrote:

On the positive side Meath, Monaghan, Roscommon and Armagh were all in Div 3 and bounced back quickly and are all doing well now. With a new manager and a rapid replacement of some old names with younger ones we should be in a better place next year.

+1
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:26 pm

White Bridge wrote:
murof wrote:

+1

Sure it's all great.
Back to top Go down
greyfox
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Hoping things might be better next year is precisely what's wrong with Kildare GAA. It's not just a new manager and a few fresh faces on the Senior county panel we need. Maybe some leadership, vision and hard work at CB level would be worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Galway and the permutations   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Galway and the permutations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next