Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

All Matters Hurling 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Thu May 28, 2015 2:07 am

Best of luck to the lads.

Is Gerry Keegan available? I don't think he has had a full 70 minutes for the seniors during the Christy Ring so far.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Thu May 28, 2015 2:55 am

Best of luck to the lads tonight.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Thu May 28, 2015 3:59 am

Great week for Kildare hurling and every bit as important. Asking a huge amount but if we came out of under-21 game with a performance and then could beat Kerry (huge ask and still a great season if not) we'd be well on the way to a Liam McCarthy place (in a group with Laois, Carlow and Westmeath), in Division 2A and have promise for the future. Perhaps day-dreaming but after the strides made, systems put in place, and heart shown these last 18 months, who knows?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Sun May 31, 2015 1:17 am

F**k my, 6-22 to 0-5 with a quarter left!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Sun May 31, 2015 1:29 am

A 36-point defeat! What happened? Anyone at it?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Sun May 31, 2015 3:30 am

As the scoreline suggests, we were totally outclassed. Had a man sent off in the 1st half but at that stage we were 12 points down and were unlikely to come back. Kerry kept the spare man in the full-back line and we kept hitting balls into the full-forward who was outnumbered and was beaten easily.

I'm not sure if some of the players were tired after Wednesday but Kerry looked a lot sharper and their first touch was a lot better. Hard to believe we beat Kerry in this competition last year. It was a pity because there was a really decent crowd at the match. The players have trained hard and made progress over the last couple of years but today shows we've a good bit to go before we're ready to challenge for a Liam McCarty place.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Sun May 31, 2015 6:54 am

Let there be no more shyte talked about the hurlers showing the footballers the way/training harder/showing more fight etc
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Sun May 31, 2015 6:55 am

Let there be no more shyte talked about the hurlers showing the footballers the way/training harder/showing more fight etc
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Sun May 31, 2015 7:30 am

Lol Oohtoobe! Some batin'..
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Sun May 31, 2015 8:31 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:

We wouldn't agree on much but this is bang on the money. The amount of looking down their noses at the footballers and demanding this and that without actually making an effort themselves to get it was sickening over the last couple of years.
When McGeeney was here the amount of money the footballers raised for themselves was massive, but the hurlers bitched and moaned looking for a slice of that pie.
What fundraising did they ever do.
They probably got more money this year than any and get a historic beating. Time for them to be a bit more humble and accept that this is and will always be a football County no matter how bad the footballers are.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Sun May 31, 2015 9:17 am

Went to this today, first ever stand alone hurling game I ever attended. Embarassed

Only for the Kildare keeper pulling off saves left, right and centre it could have been a 50+ point defeat.

Crazy to think that the Kildare lads will have to wait 7 months for another competitive game in a Kildare jersey.
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Sun May 31, 2015 10:47 am

lilysavage wrote:
Lol Oohtoobe! Some batin'..

so lily your havin a laugh about a Kildare team being beatin ??

....jayses,good luck in Tullamore so...
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Sun May 31, 2015 8:25 pm

If the footballers lost by a similar margin, id be furious. A 38 point defeat is fucking pathetic. At home. They werent playing Kilkenny or Tipp ffs. Obviously no pride or heart. Few people on here talking absolute shite how they are at a similar level to foitballers and how they have been showing up the footballers. I dont expect to see too many of those bullshit comments after that rubbish yesterday.

Last edited by lilysavage on Sun May 31, 2015 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Sun May 31, 2015 8:27 pm

Taibi wrote:
Went to this today, first ever stand alone hurling game I ever attended. Embarassed

Only for the Kildare keeper pulling off saves left, right and centre it could have been a 50+ point defeat.

Crazy to think that the Kildare lads will have to wait 7 months for another competitive game in a Kildare jersey.

Our footballers could be as long waiting if we lose on 6th and 20 June. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Sun May 31, 2015 9:07 pm

As usual, reactions are emotive and unreasoned and people's biases come to the fore.

Just as it was wrong to use the hurlers as a stick to beat the footballers with, ripping into the hurlers for whatever fundraising they did or didn't do or money they got or didn't get is hardly the point. I'd imagine they have participated in fundraising events themselves - in fact I seem to recall they have. And when the conditions provided to them with regard to training kit, food etc wasn't right, they were entitled to complain and seek fair treatment. I don't recall anyone saying any different when they won the Christy Ring Cup last year, or made the brilliant comebacks this year against Mayo and Meath.

If they met again today, I would say there would not be the same scoreline. But no question, they were terrible. Certainly looked clung to the ground and reacting second to everything. That could be tiredness and the involvement of the 21s on Wednesday maybe. Looking at the dropped ball etc, I reckon it was nerves. Kerry pounced early and were clinical and the game was over after 20 minutes. The sending off sealed it.

Kerry were pumped for this because they felt - probably rightly - that they blew last year's final. They were short-priced favourites to win but most people expected it to be a five- or six-point game. Kildare were obviously pumped too, I don't think anyone can doubt that. But they never left the traps.

It was a disaster but one game should not overshadow an overall picture, particularly when that game has no clear correlation with any recent performances.

The only thing that was consistent was the poor start and indiscipline. They have recovered from the poor starts before but never looked like it this time. They've had too many red cards too. I'm not sure but somebody said that was the fourth in five games.

But my heart went out to them yesterday.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:48 am

Well said Ogie. Who'd want to play for Kildare in any sport if this is the pasting you get from "fans".
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:12 am

You never here the footballers moaning about the hurlers, but some involved with the hurlers went out of their way to create a them and us situation. Demanding the same as the footballers with a fraction of the money raising effort. Trying to shame people to attend hurling matches by whinging their support is poor. There is a reason for that. Most people in the county like myself wouldn't watch a hurling game if it was in their back garden.
The hurlers as I said need to take the chip of their collective shoulders and accept this is football country and the ramifications that come with that.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:51 am

Realistically the fact that Kerry were playing to a higher standard in the league really showed yesterday. They were far slicker and faster. Thats it in a nutshell. The sending off was a turning point but we were behind at that stage anyway. Kerry have improved hugely on last year whilst we were at the same level more or less. A similar pattern of events occurred - we let each team we played in the Ring games go at least 8 or 9 ahead - meath mayo etc. Only yesterday Kerry were dogged and lashed through us. Horrible stuff to watch.......

Well said Ogie!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:00 am

Great year, freak result (didn't expect us to win but clearly after all their efforts, this was just an awful day). Remarkable 18 months in fact, winning the Christy Ring, winning the league unbeaten and getting back to a semi-final after being so far down to London, Meath and Mayo. Fair play to them, hope this is wiped from the memory and they get back doing what they do best next year where there'll be no Kerry, but Antrim in the championship, and where a higher grade in the league will prepare them well for it.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:21 am

Ogie wrote:
As usual, reactions are emotive and unreasoned and people's biases come to the fore.

Just as it was wrong to use the hurlers as a stick to beat the footballers with, ripping into the hurlers for whatever fundraising they did or didn't do or money they got or didn't get is hardly the point. I'd imagine they have participated in fundraising events themselves - in fact I seem to recall they have. And when the conditions provided to them with regard to training kit, food etc wasn't right, they were entitled to complain and seek fair treatment. I don't recall anyone saying any different when they won the Christy Ring Cup last year, or made the brilliant comebacks this year against Mayo and Meath.

If they met again today, I would say there would not be the same scoreline. But no question, they were terrible. Certainly looked clung to the ground and reacting second to everything. That could be tiredness and the involvement of the 21s on Wednesday maybe. Looking at the dropped ball etc, I reckon it was nerves. Kerry pounced early and were clinical and the game was over after 20 minutes. The sending off sealed it.

Kerry were pumped for this because they felt - probably rightly - that they blew last year's final. They were short-priced favourites to win but most people expected it to be a five- or six-point game. Kildare were obviously pumped too, I don't think anyone can doubt that. But they never left the traps.

It was a disaster but one game should not overshadow an overall picture, particularly when that game has no clear correlation with any recent performances.

The only thing that was consistent was the poor start and indiscipline. They have recovered from the poor starts before but never looked like it this time. They've had too many red cards too. I'm not sure but somebody said that was the fourth in five games.

But my heart went out to them yesterday.

Here here - some of the comments above were shameful from so-called supporters. Kerry are a cut above anything in the Christy Ring as shown by their promotion to Div 1B and we probably caught them off guard a bit last year. Having to play so many high intensity games in a short period with an under-21 match thrown in midweek for good measure shows how much the GAA is paying lip-service to the weaker hurling counties just as Longford's humiliation today shows how they are paying lip-service to the weaker football counties. You'd be in despair sometimes..
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:45 am

Well put Ogie, wouldn't know a lot about hurling in Kildare but hate to see a team from the county lose so heavily regardless of what the sport is.
Don't forget we were lucky in that poor finishing and good goalkeeping kept us from a similar beating against Dublin 2 years ago. After what Dublin did today we could be in for a tough 70 mins if we win next Saturday.
Back to top Go down
AshClash
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:42 am

Has anyone got any odds available for the Club Championship ?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:20 am

Did I read it wrong. Or does the headline in the kildare nationalist regarding the senior hurling final report. read " ardclough take the cup " ? Shabby or what ?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:28 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Did I read it wrong. Or does the headline in the kildare nationalist regarding the senior hurling final report. read  " ardclough take the cup  " ? Shabby or what  ?

What did I miss? Also, not mentioned here but as much as the county board nailed the football appointment, nailed it in hurling as well. Well done. Exciting times for hurlers with Kerry gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Matters Hurling 2015   

Back to top Go down

All Matters Hurling 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2