Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:37 am

I cant believe there was no discussion at all, it just dosent add up.. They (CB) must be getting Jason for fcuk all is the conclusion Im coming to.. Im also convinced that its Jason's Mission to fcuk Kildare Football up for all time, and sur maybe His Ma or Someone was from Offaly, and He is a closet Biffo. Wink

Anyway on a serious note, Im fecked if I am buying that 100 euro Ticket now, I'll donate 50 to the Club instead.. Im joing the Baba Club from now on.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:43 am

Lads the game was on Sunday, Monday was a bank holiday so I doubt if any clubs held a meeting on Monday night, so if the delegates were to voice opinions last night they were more than likely their own personal opinions rather than that of the club's so maybe the chair was correct in not allowing a debate last night but should let the delegate bring the clubs opinion (if any) to the next meeting and maybe back it up with correspondence before then.................see how many clubs will do this, dont hold your breath. I feel if enough clubs bring pressure there has to be a debate, but then we are only 5 to 6 week away from championship which is probably too late to be making major changes
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:13 am

Kildare dont Play until the 6th of June.

Im sure the Club Delegates would be in no doubts as to where their Members thoughts are.. FFS this is a Crisis that needs to be adressed now.

Is there anything to be said for another Mass. Idea
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:36 am

Kildare manager Jason Ryan. INPHO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:07 am

This wasn't a vote folks. This was a discussion as part of the "any other business" section of the meeting.

Falls under the term any other business and very much to the forefront of Kildare GAA considering it was just over 48hrs after we were relegated to Division 3.

There is absolutely no reason why this should not have been discussed. Every Paper and pundit has had their say but the club delegates were ordered to keep it shut.

As I've already said this far beyond Jason Ryan and the Senior team. We have bigger problems than that in Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Cill Dara Mick
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:17 am

How Come Kildare hurlers can get away with transferring players from different countys in…. fuck the press (seanie Johnson saga) get some quality players in dublin surly have one or two same with kerry donegal.. Kevin Cassidy for example could be the no.6 we've always wanted since G.Ryan. Dennis Bastick and Paul Brogan (Dublin) Darren O Sullivan (Kerry) would probably make kildare a force in Leinster once again. Thoughts???
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:29 am

Cill Dara Mick wrote:
How Come Kildare hurlers can get away with transferring players from different countys in…. fuck the press (seanie Johnson saga) get some quality players in dublin surly have one or two same with kerry donegal.. Kevin Cassidy for example could be the no.6 we've always wanted since G.Ryan. Dennis Bastick and Paul Brogan (Dublin) Darren O Sullivan (Kerry) would probably make kildare a force in Leinster once again. Thoughts???

Maybe TK can arrange a loan move for Fellaini and Benteke from his Belgian soccer contacts.
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Cill Dara Mick, are your for real or just winding things up? The county hurlers haven't been "getting away" with anything in terms of transferring in players from different counties...it was a rule brought in by the GAA - and one of the better ones at that - in the hope of improving the fortunes of so-called weaker counties in hurling.
Kildare have had a fair few of these permit players over the years but realistically only David Kennedy made a lasting impression on the side. And now he is a coach with the county minor team, so is putting even more back into the game following his retirement.
Kildare football doesn't need any transfers in of players - what it needs is a complete overhaul from top to bottom, the implementation of a plan and vision and definitely a reality check, particularly amongst the top table who seem to have ignored that in fact, yes, there is a crisis in Kildare football and not just one with the county team.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:02 pm

Cill Dara Mick on the Mushrooms again.. Mad

Wondering was there ever an Inter County Manager removed mid Season ?.. I do recall Maynooth a few Years ago were Relegated from SFL Div 1, replaced their Manager, and ended up reaching the Q Finals of the Senior Championship.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:32 pm

Our current minor manager Brendan Hackett was replaced in WM midway through the season a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Offaly got rid of Richie Connor and Gerry Cooney but that was during the league. Think John Evans stepped down from Tipperary towards the end of the league in 2012 but he fell on his sword.
Back to top Go down
Cill Dara Mick
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:59 pm

Lads its not going to happen before championship there's no need to rush in appointing a new man...if we need a full over haul it starts when were bet in championship. Candidates? who realistically wants this poison chalice? as supporters we again expect too much. lets get real an appoint someone in our budget. Brian Murphy, Cian ONeill, Glen Ryan, Jarlith Gilroy, Sos, Niall Carew, Luke Dempsey and maybe Paul early. but i see the next kildare gaffer being Jack Oconnor. (I seen Ger Donnelly have a coffee with him in Kildare village last week) maybe nothing in it but who knows :/
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:38 am

Offaly Hurlers 1998 removed babs keating pre championship (I think). They won All Ireland after that.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:37 am

lilywhites on tour

Correction,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, windbag Babs was removed after Leinster (Final I think) and replaced by 007 ! ! ! ! ! ! Michael (not James) Bond.................

Worked out allright !!!!!
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:19 am

Give me Tony McEntee and I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:25 am

LillieLad wrote:
has he won anything in dublin yet
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:29 am

fone wrote:
LillieLad wrote:
  has he won anything in dublin yet

Genuinely haven't a clue but he has won 2 All Ireland club titles.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:01 am

id love to see the players standing up and fighting to the death but cant see it also too many injuries they seem to run out of steam time to get in young blood and start afresh a complete change of management and get all the fans rowing in behind them
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:08 am

moatesports wrote:
id love to see the players standing up and fighting to the death but cant see it also too many injuries they seem to run out of steam time to get in young blood and start afresh a complete change of management and get all the fans rowing in behind them
agree 100% and division 3 will able blood new players through .division 2 next year is like ulster championship, there will major changes to that panel come december
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:56 pm

Getting in one or 2 young players is good. Doing a complete overhaul is not correct. Some of the existing panel is good enough ad young enough. Better coach needed. WE can say what we like. Some of these u-21 players who are performing well will struggle when they get up to senor unless it is done in the correct way. That is a fact.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:51 pm

Glen Ryan is My choice, with Rainbow / Lacey / JD / Early also involved.. What Young Fella would'nt want to Play for these Men, and put some fckuing Pride back into the White Jersey.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:28 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:42 am

some of the current panel are of course good enough but its time to cull and get fresh players in; only if going to improve things like someone said previously there are a few lads around who could be good enough from moorefield maybe they are not able to commit and finally there must be a prowd kildare man around who would take over and unite the squad and fan base alike
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Emmet Bolton's take:

http://www.thestar.ie/star/kildare-must-face-the-music-61292/
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:17 pm

Botch wrote:
Getting in one or 2 young players is good.  Doing a complete overhaul is not correct.  Some of the existing panel is good enough ad young enough.  Better coach needed.  WE can say what we like.  Some of these u-21 players who are performing well will struggle when they get up to senor unless it is done in the correct way.  That is a fact.

I'm with you on this Botch. A lot of people on here are calling for change for the sake of change but unless there are better replacements willing and able to come in then you are where you are. And if new and better blood can't be found then a new manager is needed to get more out of those players.

Very few counties, unless there is a complete mutiny, rip up one squad and start again with a new one the following year. Changes to the panel are welcome, but not necessarily wholesale ones.

From what I have seen Kildare are playing with zero confidence in either themselves or their manager. Plus, the system they are playing (or not playing which seems to be the case) is alien to them. How can a team go from playing a sweeper in the O'Byrne Cup to abandoning it when the league comes around? And then stand by that decision when your team is being defensively exploited week in, week out. That there is my biggest problem/concern.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   

Back to top Go down

Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next