Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

championship club draw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:50 am

Highball wrote:
I really enjoy the current format in place, seems to be a good balance of meaningful games all the way through.

However the one gripe is the lack of seeding for the quarters. You would think that by winning 2 from 2 you should be seeded. The likelihood is (and I know there are exceptions!) that if a team has only won 1 game they will be weaker than the 2 from 2s.

+1. Like it could end up with JTB v Naas and Larries v Celbridge, no great advantage for winning your first 2 games there.

That said you could have Sarsfields/Moorefield and Athy which might be a harder draw.
Back to top Go down
Highball
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:39 pm

Yes 1928 - Agree. Actually this year is probably an exception where 3 of the top 4 (Sash Moores Athy) have not won both games.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:50 pm

Highball wrote:
I really enjoy the current format in place, seems to be a good balance of meaningful games all the way through.

However the one gripe is the lack of seeding for the quarters. You would think that by winning 2 from 2 you should be seeded. The likelihood is (and I know there are exceptions!) that if a team has only won 1 game they will be weaker than the 2 from 2s.

+ 2.. The other thing is the Teams who have to Play a 3rd Round will, (as long as they Win), surely have an advanyage with an extra Match ?.. ie Winners of Moores v Sash will have that Winning momentum back going into the quarters.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:18 am

I hear Athy have no manager going into this weekends fixtures - there was a revolution!!!
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:47 am

micky murphy wrote:
I hear Athy have no manager going into this weekends fixtures - there was a revolution!!!

Viva la Revolucion
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:04 am

Just on the draw, I believe the quarter finals are seeded, in that Larries, JTB, Naas and Celbridge will be in one hat with the round 3 winners in another.

Surprised at the timing of the move in Athy, although I know they haven't been happy with him for a while now.
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:58 am

Open draw. 100%
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:07 pm

Open Draw is correct.

Kelleghan gone Favourite for the Kildare Job ?.. Wink
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:48 am

Carbury v leixlip is on in Clane at 1.15 on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:02 am

Raheens 1-14 Two mile house 1-11
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:35 pm

The players in athy had meeting on Wednesday night asking kelleghan to resign which he did and trained last night with no manager
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:32 am

Confey 4 - 15. Eadestown 9.

Good Win for Raheens last Night.. Looking forward to a nice friendly encounter between Ellistown and Rathangan Saturday Afternoon. I love you
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:16 am

Heard ellistown v Rathangan is off.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:24 am

Sarsfields 0-12 Moorefield 0-3 at half time. Ben McCormack with 6 points from play. Moorefield down to 14 after Ciaran Kelly sent off for 2 yellows. Sean Campbell black carded for the Sash in the 10th minute. Moorefield very poor so far.
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:47 am

Went to this game expecting a Moorefield win, couldn't believe how sluggish they looked especially around the middle of the field. Sarsfields looked so much sharper first to the breaking ball and then getting their fast and classy players bearing down on the Moorefield goal. Ben McCormack was impressive winning the race to every ball and then finishing with some great scores.
The sending off limited Moorfield's attacking options as Sarsfields were able to play with a sweeper.
The performance of the referee in the second half was pathetic. Fine to give the team that's 12 points behind the benefit of the doubt on occasion but to penalize the winning team at every opportunity and allow the losing team away with an escalating level of thuggery is just asking for trouble.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:32 am

A great Sash performance that not many saw coming!! Ben Mc Cormack was exceptional but defensively is where I thought our lads really improved since the league final and considering Sean Campbell was absent for most of it, this was a great improvement but no medals were handed out today. Sarsfields will need to keep up this rate of improvement.
Back to top Go down
Son of Sarsfields
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:06 am

Great first half performance to hold the county champions to 3 points and only one from play. It was important that we withstood the second half and to seal the deal for all of the young players. Shay Ryan was immense today marking Ronan Sweeney but Ben McCormack's performance was fantastic particularly his first half

As topcat has said, there were. No medals handed out today.

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:28 pm

All down the line wrote:
Went to this game expecting a Moorefield win, couldn't believe how sluggish they looked especially around the middle of the field. Sarsfields looked so much sharper first to the breaking ball and then  getting their fast and classy players bearing down on the Moorefield goal. Ben McCormack was impressive winning the race to every ball and then finishing with some great scores.
The sending off limited Moorfield's attacking options as Sarsfields were able to play with a sweeper.
The performance of the referee in the second half was pathetic. Fine to give the team that's 12 points behind the benefit of the doubt on occasion but to penalize the winning team at every opportunity and allow the losing team away with an escalating level of thuggery is just asking for trouble.

I don't think there was any 'thuggery' in the game, except maybe when one of the Sarsfields subs struck a Morrefield player on the field of play, bit silly and he was lucky not the get a red card for it.

Best team on the day won.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:21 pm

Yep, I didn't see much "thuggery" over the course of the hour, the red cards were both for two yellow cards, I think Herbert was under instructions to keep a tight reign on the game yesterday as his style of refereeing is usually to have a word in the lads ears, not start dishing out cards.

The incident you mention above Gaa1928 shouldn't have happened but I think it was the Sash lad just showing Moorefield that they weren't going to be bullied this time - that has been the narrative when the two teams have played each other in the past so I think it was just a statement, wouldn't necessarily call it dirty.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:37 pm

Overall the game was played in a good spirit. Herbert made one or two strange calls but he was fairly on top of most things.

I don't think the Sarsfields sub struck the Moorefield player. He just got involved with a shove when there was absolutely no need to. Something really needs to be done about that dugout on the terrace side of the field. On the stand side there is a railing in front of the dugout which the subs are supposed to stay behind. Over on the terrace side there is no railing and all of the subs seem to spill out onto the sideline. The linesman has enough to be doing than having to constantly tell lads to move back towards the wall when the play is going on.
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:16 pm

Can't disagree with the comments re the situation on the terrace side, at times the collection of subs, mentors, advisers and kids appear to outnumber the rest of the attendance.
There was a time when it was strictly subs, mentors, club sec and chairman allowed on the sideline.
Makes a mockery of clubs having to have a railed pitch to host championship matches.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:32 pm

topcat wrote:
Yep, I didn't see much "thuggery" over the course of the hour, the red cards were both for two yellow cards, I think Herbert was under instructions to keep a tight reign on the game yesterday as his style of refereeing is usually to have a word in the lads ears, not start dishing out cards.

The incident you mention above Gaa1928 shouldn't have happened but I think it was the Sash lad just showing Moorefield that they weren't going to be bullied this time - that has been the narrative when the two teams have played each other in the past so I think it was just a statement, wouldn't necessarily call it dirty.

"The Sash lad just showing Moorefield that they weren't going to be bullied this time"

Thats fair enough but on the field of play, it was down right dangerous and cowardly what he did as the Moorefield player did not know he was there.As the Moorefield player was going down after the push he narrowly missed the sash player with his head....what would of happened then..full riot with no fault of the moorfield player.

I was on that side and one Moores fan wanted to jump the fence at the dope that did the pushing shouting "if your were any good you would have your Jersey on properly".

In Fairness to Croften he ate the Ballox out of him..he was like a little child after been scolded in the dugout.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 pm

QF Final Draw SFC

St. Laurences v Sarsfield
JTB v Confey
Naas v Athy
Celbridge v Carbury
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:34 pm

QF Final Draw IFC

Round Towers v Castledermot
Clogherinkoe v Raheens
Straffan v Ellistown/Rathangan
Kilcock v Sallins

Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:14 am

Were the draws seeded or is it just coincidence that teams that won their first 2 games avoided each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: championship club draw   

Back to top Go down

championship club draw
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next