Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

football champioships referees 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:54 am

I agree reading the rules, but its a pity the refs do not read them. We had a case in point last Saturday in the minor final in Newbridge where a player got a black card in normal time and none of the officials seemed to know for sure it the player should be allowed back on for extra time as the game ended in a draw. As it turned out all officials got it wrong and the player was allowed wrongly to come back on and to rub salt into the wound then scores the winning goal for this team to win by a point.
Here was a case if the officials and I am talking refs and linemen were sure of the rules there may have been a different result
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:42 am

totalgaa wrote:
I agree reading the rules, but its a pity the refs do not read them. We had a case in point last Saturday in the minor final in Newbridge where a player got a black card in normal time and none of the officials seemed to know for sure it the player should be allowed back on for extra time as the game ended in a draw. As it turned out all officials got it wrong and the player was allowed wrongly to come back on and to rub salt into the wound then scores the winning goal for this team to win by a point.
Here was a case if the officials and I am talking refs and linemen were sure of the rules there may have been a different result

Thats shocking, and just goes to show the lack of Professionalism thats out there..

Fintan continues to get Div One Games, and I guarantee He will get a Big Championship Match in 2 Weeks Time.. A disaster.. He shouldnt be let near a Pitch, and I can tell You, He is hated by Players and Supporters alike.. Hope He gets the Rathangan V Ballyteague Match. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:05 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
totalgaa wrote:

Thats shocking, and just goes to show the lack of Professionalism thats out there..

Fintan continues to get Div One Games, and I guarantee He will get a Big Championship Match in 2 Weeks Time.. A disaster..  He shouldnt be let near a Pitch, and I can tell You, He is hated by Players and Supporters alike.. Hope He gets the Rathangan V Ballyteague Match. Evil or Very Mad

Hehehe..... Seamus you stirring the pot!!! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:23 am

Ah now, would I do that .. Cool
Back to top Go down
lineball
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:50 am

Lol Seamus I think the above mentioned ref would be thinking deja vu with rathangan and ballyteague in hawkfield
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:56 pm

lineball wrote:
Lol Seamus I  think the above mentioned ref would be thinking deja vu with rathangan and ballyteague in hawkfield

I better not say anymore.. I might get Sued. study
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:47 am

Better sued than assaulted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ohluckyme
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:32 am

Oh my god this is so funny, i did hear there was going to be a "Fitness Test" for all our refs, most of them said whatever weekend it is on they think they have a cough coming on.....

Absolute joke
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:33 am

Totalgaa. I believe the club involved are going to or have lodged an appeal to the result of that game
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:53 am

Thanks Milltownmary, with a name like that you obviously have the inside track, interesting to see what the outcome will be
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:29 am

kelf wrote:

Better sued than assaulted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were enough Players in the Match Assaulted during the 60 Minutes.

Anyway not gonna give this Ref anymore Publicity, as I believe His Ego would cherish.
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:35 am

Soccer referees have to pass an annual fitness and written exam and are graded as a result. as I stated before gaa referees pass a one off test and carry on regardless. With the level of fitness now reached by player's aligned to their commitment to training it's disgraceful of the gaa to allow over weight and unfit people to referee our games. Let it not be forgotten that the only person getting paid on the day of the match is the referee.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:30 pm

Is there a Retirement Age for Referees ?.. Franny Bolger !!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Wed May 06, 2015 2:14 am

Venue: St Laurence's, Castlemitchell V Rheban 15:00, Ref: Fintan Barrett.

He will earn His Money here I reckon.. lol!
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Sun May 17, 2015 10:20 am

quick poll folks.........just a thought...........how many of ye have reffed on a regular basis???...... or more importantly would be prepared to do the course, and do the job week in week out...???
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   Mon May 18, 2015 12:27 am

Have sat the course 4 times to keep myself up to scratch on rule changes. Less than 10 of the people I sat the course's with actually took up refereeing, and I think about 3 of them still do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: football champioships referees 2015   

Back to top Go down

football champioships referees 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2