Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Laois

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:12 pm

Cant see too many Scores coming from McNally, Callaghan or O Neill, or from either MidFielder.. Who will take the Frees from the right side ?.. I cant see us breaking even at midfield.. Seriously Folks is that the Best 6 Forwards in Kildare ?. Im really worried about this now, and I didnt need Jason to tell me either.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:20 pm

Bad News Baba wrote:
Fogarty who is more streaky than the rashers I had yesterday.

I actually like Fogarty but I have to admit that made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:23 pm

With injuries and departures I don't think he has as many options as some on here are claiming. With what we have at our disposal at the moment I don't think the team was ever going to be much different from what was named, presuming that Eoin Doyle and Moolick are not 100% of course.
What I'd be more concerned with is whether the players taking the field are putting it all in for Jason Ryan or do they even know what is expected of them ?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:29 pm

Laois are unchanged for tomorrow. Still hoping ours is a dummy team cos it's hard to see the team named winning.

Laois (SFC v Kildare) - Graham Brody; Damien O'Connor, Mark Timmons, Stephen Attride; Darren Strong, Robbie Kehoe, Colm Begley; Brendan Quigley, John O'Loughlin; Niall Donoher, Conor Boyle, Evan O'Carroll; Ross Munnelly, Donal Kingston, Paul Kingston.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:32 am

That team doesn't inspire confidence, hopefully I'm wrong. Since last year for a variety of reasons the following are not starting connolly, Kelly, foley, mcgrillen, hyland, Doyle, k Cribbin, Mollick, d flynn, hurley, Kelly, brophy, mulhall, O Connor, dowling. I'd fancy that 15 more
Back to top Go down
clonmullin
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:35 am

I know that there are lots of negatives around the team. Fine - I'm not going to try and argue anyone around. However looking at the starting 15 against Monaghan there are 5 switches which are essentially

O'Grady for McGrillen (+ for O'Grady)
P Cribbin for K Cribben (probably a wash but + for Paul in my view)
White for Moolick (- for White)
Murnaghan for Lynch (a wash. Lynch played a specific role & played it well on the night)
Fogarty for Brophy (- for Fogarty)

The 2 Kellys, Moolick & Doyle didn't start against Monaghan. Now they would be a huge addition but this 15 is just a tad below the starting 15 against Monaghan. And Laois are no Monaghan

Rose tinted glasses ahoy
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:48 am

Depressed now.
Absence of Moolick, Doyle and the Kellys a real blow if true. Reliance in Callaghan a mystery when the likes of Mulhall, Dowling available.
But hope will spring eternal on the day.

Laois by 7

Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:29 am

kfm said doyle has injury
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:38 am

Glad that at least Kevin Murnaghan is getting a championship start (a year late). That's the best that can be said about the team picked.

Best thing that could happen would be Laois getting a good start and Jason being forced to throw the game plan and team selection out the window and change things. Still believe we have the players to win this. Almost every one of these Laois players has been hammered by Kildare in recent years at senior or under 21 level and Tomas O'Flatharta is no tactical genius. F**k it lets do it lads. Best of luck to the players tomorrow.

Kildare by 2 thanks to a late goal (again)
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:11 am

Struggling to think of the scoring forwards that are being left out, I have to say.

Moolick is the only fit player I'd have in there instead.

Presume Flatts will take the frees - you can't pick a guy just to take frees from one side of the pitch. You can't pick a guy just to take frees anymore as it is. And there's no 90 per center, not to mind a 70 per center around.

I thought it was a tough game with the two Kellys and Doyle playing. Laois are strong favourites now in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:12 am

Shergar wrote:
Glad that at least Kevin Murnaghan is getting a championship start (a year late). That's the best that can be said about the team picked.

Best thing that could happen would be Laois getting a good start and Jason being forced to throw the game plan and team selection out the window and change things. Still believe we have the players to win this. Almost every one of these Laois players has been hammered by Kildare in recent years at senior or under 21 level and Tomas O'Flatharta is no tactical genius. F**k it lets do it lads. Best of luck to the players tomorrow.

Jason would need to have a clue HOW to change things. If he can't do it in 9 weeks it seems unlikely he's going to do it within 70 minutes.

Laois by 7

Last edited by Crofter on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:45 am

was reading the star today leper said he looking forward to long summer
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:51 am

Shergar wrote:

Kevin Murnaghan getting a championship start ( a year late ) , I would think at least 5 years too late ( can't blame Ryan for everything ).

I just think that we are better then Laois, Kildare by 4 points.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:20 am

fone wrote:
was reading the star today leper said he  looking forward to long summer

Where's he off to then?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:53 am

Crofter wrote:
fone wrote:
was reading the star today leper said he  looking forward to long summer

Where's he off to then?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:47 am

Hard to know what to make of tomorrow. We dominated Laois over the last few years, yet they’ve come closer than anybody in Leinster to beating the Dubs than anybody else will for quite a while.

Obviously we’re a weaker team without the likes of both Kelly’s, Doyle, Moolick and Cribbin. With the exception of Niall Kelly though it’s hard to see who could be added into the forwards to give us an extra scoring threat.

One of the biggest positives to come out of last year was the improved level of fitness in the team, and the bit of extra pace we had, especially around the middle. We finished pretty much every match last summer as the stronger team, and in the Clare game we looked to have a bit of a game plan which leaned towards getting men behind the ball and breaking at pace.

If we had have continued into this year with same sort of game plan then at least that’d be something. It mightn’t have seen us promoted back to division one, it mightn’t have even seen us avoid relegation but at least it would have a game plan to  work towards and something the players (you’d hope) would learn to perfect in time. Instead though we managed to throw away leads continuously, we had big leads over Down, Meath and Roscommon and managed to piss them all away in the second half of each game – a complete turnaround from last year.

If you’re dropping men back then you need the two forwards you’re leaving up to be on form and shooting the lights out pretty much every game. Smith looked back to his best last year, aside from him though it’s pretty much a toss-up on who else to start. Fogarty can be hit and miss, Dowling seems to be playing deeper this year and Mulhall hasn’t shown much this year other than the ability to pop over the odd free.

Getting pace into the middle eight is a bit of a priority, that’s one of the reasons it’s good to see McNally back in there. He mightn’t offer the same scoring threat as others but he’s fast and is a good ball carrier. Keith Cribbin’s energy would have been a massive boost and Dan Flynn’s really would have added some pace and strength. The pair of them along with, Moolick, Paul Cribbin, Flats, Bolton, Conway / Doyle and Lyons / McGrady could have provided for a decent block to build around.

There’s pretty much no way of knowing how we’ll set out to play tomorrow. If Murnaghan and Conway are told to stay back and hold the line at all times then that’d be a start, if our backs are going to be breaking forward then it’s best left to Bolton and Lyons to do so. Leper will drop back (possibly to even the halfback line) and O’Neill could well play as a third midfielder. It’ll leave Smith and Fogarty up top on their own a lot, strong runs from Bolton, Cribbin, McNally and Flats will be vital to us getting scores and making a game of it.

Laois are strongest in the areas we’re weakest in. If we come close to breaking even around midfield we’ll have a chance, the last thing we need to be doing is just lumping kick outs down the middle for the sake of it. Even sending them out towards the wings would be a help if it means there’s less chance of it landing on top of Quigley, Begley or O’Loughlin.

Still though, it’s only fucking Laois, the day I’m worried about playing them is the day I may as well give it up.

Clearly though this wasn’t the best of signs to get in your first Cúl Heroes pack…

Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:12 pm

The players must show some collective desire, obviously from his interview the manager is being paid and doesn't give two fucks but the players must show some grit. Laois are ok and would love to take us out but they are not great by any stretch of the imagination.
As for Freddy Kruger, he vowed to leave this forum if we beat down last year, and untrue to his word and true his form he is one of those types that he himself hates so much, no fcuking honour, absolutely none.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:19 pm

I see qualifier draw is on Monday and we're out as early as 2 weeks time if we lose today.

Eamon's "long summer" might start on 20th June if things go really awry.

Here's hoping the players and manager have got their shit together though and we can avoid the qualifier banana skin for another few weeks.

Laois by 7
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:24 pm

Dara Ó Cinnéide argues that the losing team will be the winner but it would be hard to feel that and you on the wrong side tonight

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/dara-o-cinneidesometimes-the-scenic-route-trumps-the-shorter-journey-334969.html
Back to top Go down
MD
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:04 pm

Its very rare these days that a team listed on a thursday/friday is the one that lines out at the weekend. I would expect at least one or two changes to that team by the time throw in comes. I would be surprised if Moolick isnt in from throw in considering he has been "flying" in training, although to be fair, the obvious to most is likely to be the impossible to see to the inept Jason Ryan. Hope if Niall Kelly is fit he will start but he has carried an injury since the U21 final. Looking forward to this all the same, championship is always exciting by the time it comes. Hope the players play for themselves and their own reputations if not the management. Likely to be destroyed by Dublin if we win but lets worry about that if we do win.
Back to top Go down
e.s.b.
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:08 pm

Best of luck to the lads today,

The Kellys , Moolick and Doyle are big losses on top of the players who are not currently available. Hopefully some of them are on the bench and able to play some part.

We have a good starting 15 none the less, I am glad o see Murnaghan and McNally are back in.
All things considered Laois would have to be favourites but I believe in our guys. Kildare to win.
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:55 pm

Lads will there be tickets on sale today in Tullamore?
Back to top Go down
e.s.b.
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:07 pm

seemingly stand is sold out but there should be terrace tickets
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:48 pm

Best of luck Kildare. We need a win to lift the gloom.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:56 pm

lilysavage wrote:
Best of luck Kildare. We need a win to lift the gloom.
+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next