Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Laois

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:57 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
If Moolick dosent start, is Lynch an option here, if not we will get cleaned at midfield again if its left the same.. While its important to have "work horses", it would help if they could kick an ould score too.

Lynch has played plenty and Kildare have been cleaned at midfield then too. Most recently, but not exclusively, this year. The men aren't there. The funny thing is, on the stats, Kildare weren't cleaned on kickouts last week as they had worked well on their own ball. I don't recall the exact figures but Laois won four or five more I think. I was expecting carnage there to be honest. I thought Laois would target Evan O'Carroll more in the air too.

The best they can do on the Laois ones is try to crowd the area a bit more and either attempt to break or like a lineout, choose not to contest and crowd the fielder when he lands.

Like I said last week, there aren't too many lads left in the county that haven't been tried at midfield in the last five years.

Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:05 am

if a goalkeeper leads with his feet is that not a peno no matter where on the rest of his body the ball hits
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:53 am

I wouldn't think so moatesports, I would imagine it has to actually be blocked with the foot, not 100% certain, maybe there is a ref on here who can clarify!!
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:51 am

Be amazed if Moolick doesnt start.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:57 am

foot blocks seems to be covered under rule 5.1 to block or attempt to block with the boot when an opponent is kicking the ball from the hands.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:27 pm

No changes to the team lads.
Back to top Go down
e.s.b.
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:07 am

Last weeks game should stand to us,, we need to cut out the stupid fouls, take the game to them and get a bigger contribution to the score board from Cribbin, Flats ONeill, and Fogarty. Best of luck to the lads.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:07 am

I'd like to see Moolick coming in for McNally with Cribbin switching to wing forward. What's the deal with Eoin Doyle? Surely he must be carrying an injury otherwise it's madness not starting him. We can hardly afford that luxury these days.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:18 am

Fairly surprised that the team is the same again, suggests Moolick definitely isn't fit enough for 70 minutes. If that is the case that not starting him is 100% the correct call. Would much rather have him finish the game as opposed to have to take him off during it.
Back to top Go down
le hit in
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:59 am

The game isn't on TV. Has anybody got a link to stream it?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:26 am

topcat wrote:
Fairly surprised that the team is the same again, suggests Moolick definitely isn't fit enough for 70 minutes. If that is the case that not starting him is 100% the correct call. Would much rather have him finish the game as opposed to have to take him off during it.

+1 although that's not to say he won't start... Both managers threw in the same team for the programme.

I think Kildare will win. They were so bereft of confidence in the opening 20 minutes with the wind, they will have taken so much from coming back in the end. A little more disciplined in defence, a little more clinical in attack and hoping that Donie Kingston doesn't spend more time on the edge of the square. I've the money down at evens with a saver on the draw.

Of course, both teams have capacity to learn about the opposition (kickouts etc) so it will be interesting who learned more AND, most importantly, what set of players applies that knowledge best.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:27 am

Leper's back lads
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:31 am

Raging not on the telly. 3-15 to 1-9. 3-7 to a goal in the second half. The Queen's must have pissed on their own powder during the interval this time.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:47 am

Jason Ryan. Master tactician.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:56 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Bring on the Dubs the fuck!!
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:20 am

Great win. Well done team and management. Fuck the Dubs. Theyll burst our bubble fairly quick.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:21 am

Mmmmmmmm..........who seen that coming......?????
Back to top Go down
onthewayup
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:21 am

Don't think anyone seen that coming fuck me
Back to top Go down
Lillydreams
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:25 am

Brilliant performance to come out at half time even when Laois got the goal back we showed character! Great to see leper do the business once again! Bring on the dubs!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:42 am

Well I'd hold off on bring on the Dubs etc etc. But good win, especially given half-back line and midfield taken apart in first half and finishing poor again across that opening 35. Laois must have been dire but we'll take it. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:04 am

There is a scene in pulp fiction where Mr. Wolf is talking to Vincent and Jules after they have nearly solved their "problem", if you have seen the film you know the line.

That's the sentiment we should have this evening. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. In saying that, tonight was very nice and very unexpected but this was Laois and a poor Laois it seems.
As much as we scored, they missed a penalty and another guilt edged chance before we swamped them. If they took their chances it could have been a different outcome.

A few of the players who had been poor all year stepped up a couple of gears. Leper, O'Neill, Flats and Lyons all showed close to what they are capable of. No matter what some local journalist says on twitter, they have not been playing well and were lucky to hold their places.

I have given Ryan plenty of flack this year, most of it deserved. But tonight kudos to him. You can't complain about that result as it was so touch and go coming in.

The big test lies ahead, but that's for next week. There will be a few Queens gone into hiding tomorrow after being pretty bullish all week. It was their best chance but they got an awful beating. Back in the box for another while.

Well done all.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:44 am

Wow - that was some start to the 2nd half. Hard to know if we were that good or if Laois collapsed after our first goal. Bit of both I suppose but you'd wonder why Laois were trying risky short kickouts when they were so dominant at midfield.

At half time I thought we were doing well to be only a point behind as Laois were winning most of the kick-outs and seemed to be getting their scores a bit easier than we were. Our wing-backs were in trouble against their men but Murnaghan was good coming forward.
Good to see us kick passing a lot more and generally getting the ball forward quicker with less lateral hand passing. It didn't always work but generally we were trying to do the right things. Our discipline was better, less frees conceded and good that we've seemed to cut out the backchat to the ref.

Donnellan was excellent - saving the penalty, good save at the end and kickouts on the money. Lyons and Fitzy generally had the better of their men. O'Grady was in trouble at times with Kingston but stuck well to his task and is good at breaking forward. The half-back line conceded a lot of scores but I think Murnaghan was dropping off O'Carroll a lot and it looked like somebody else was supposed to pick him up. Eoin Doyle played well when he came on but Bolton looked a bit below par.
Paul Cribbin had another excellent game at midfield, never stopped running at 2 excellent points. Chalky always seems to be in trouble at the kick-outs but works really hard and always seems to get forward for a score. I'd worry about him though if we were playing the Dubs.
Good to see Eoin O'Flaherty being much more of a scoring threat this week. He's one of our more accurate players so he should be shooting more. McNally worked hard again and it seemed strange to see him getting taken off just after scoring 1-2 in the 2nd half. Leper showed for the ball well and got a couple of good scores and Podge had one of his best games for Kildare, showing well for the ball and 4 good points from play. Hard to believe we got 3-18 and Alan Smith didn't score!

Well done to the players and management on a job well done tonight.
Back to top Go down
e.s.b.
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:58 am

well summed up Johnny C, I was at the game and would agree with all of that, I thought Chalky did a good job on spoiling Quigley, but he was skinned a couple of times when picking up OCarroll, It was a strange game, Laois the better team in the first half but they capitulated when we blitzed them in 2d half, We played some excellent football at times and the team were overall moving very well. Well done all, players and management
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:04 am

One player that gets more credit outside of this county than in it is lyons. Three games this year on the Laois captain and kept him scoreless in ever game. One of the best corner backs in the game.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:26 am

Westside wrote:
One player that gets more credit outside of this county than in it is lyons. Three games this year on the Laois captain and kept him scoreless in ever game. One of the best corner backs in the game.

And chipped in with a point too!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Laois
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next