Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Kildare v Laois

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
kelf
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 926
Join date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:07 am


wasn't I good, kept seats for his mum & dad !!!!!! Des & K were glowing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I got a box from her when Ollie scored !!!!!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1651
Join date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Joyous at result and terrified by reaction might sum it up. An improvement, but anyone who genuinely thinks we will get within 20 of Dublin is mental. Really. Mental. That is not to down the effort tonight, rather I hope calm certain people.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1912
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Typical - away on holiday so first match I've missed the last 2 years and we go and do that!!!  Not sure it's the best result for us in the long run as we now have the inevitable mauling by Dubs and a six day turnaround ahead of us (looks like our qualifier would be on 4th July ffs). Will miss semi final as well (probably no harm).

Still, great to keep the inbreds down the road in their box with another mailing adding to the 15 and 13 point wins in 2009 and 2011. Sounds like we absolutely blitzed them for 10 minutes and apart from that it was even steven? Good to see such a spread of scores and particularly delighted for Podge who hopefully has convinced people losing Tomas was not such a big problem. So much more football ability in that lad.

Well done team and management
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 608
Join date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:20 pm

Don't care if it means a 20 point defeat by Dublin, ya can't bate Laois by enough! Great second half! The opening second half 'power play' was reminiscint of 2010/1 era.
leper proving the old adage that class is permanent whilst form being temporary.
Still can't believe Ryan left O'Grady on Donie for as long as he did! Worrying also the 7 points from play that the two wing forwards got in the first half!!
When the short kick out is on Donnellan is Cluxtonesque in his accuracy. Worryingly though if it's not he seems to panic and blast it, hence 2 in a row right on top of quigley.

Realistically I don't think Podge can start against the Dubs. He hasn't got the pace for that. I'd say Niall Kelly to come in for him and find a place for Eoin Doyle. Can't imagine Peter being fit by then!
If things aren't working out don't be afraid to bring in he likes of Moolick after 10 minutes!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2363
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Peter Kelly will be back in contact training this week but it's probably tight for him alright. To be fair to Podge, he was the main outlet up front this time, rather than Smithy. He roasted Timmons, scored four points from play and had four assists as well. Get what you're saying about pace but a lot will probably depend on how many buses Kildare decide to park.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 799
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:14 pm

Ollie stuck so close to munnelly that he actually returned to the pitch for the 2nd half at the same time while the rest of the Kildare players were warming up behind the stand.

excellent 2nd half performance and great to see but there was certainly an element of good fortune for our goals. Here's hoping we can stay on a bit of a roll and hopefully a few more fans will make the trip to croker and the minors semi is now on the sunday @ 12


Last edited by lillyboy on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1997
Join date : 2010-02-02
Location : The Shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:40 pm

Great result considering all the doom and gloom recently. We rode our luck a bit over the two games but it's fair to say Kildare were due some good fortune. All credit to that team for sticking at it over the last while. I take my hat off to all of them. It would have been very easy to throw in the towel after such a poor winter.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 667
Join date : 2010-04-23
Location : Kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:19 pm

Great result last night. Amazing start to the second half. Every Kildare player gave it their all last night. Hopefully it'll give them a bit more confidence going into the Dublin match now.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 484
Join date : 2011-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:42 pm

I think we can get within 15-20 points of Dublin. Should they reopen St Dympnas for me?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 836
Join date : 2013-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:57 pm

lilysavage wrote:
I think we can get within 15-20 points of Dublin. Should they reopen St Dympnas for me?

I think we can get within 10 points of them.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 437
Join date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:14 pm

well I for one didn't see that coming but enjoyed it all
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2333
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:18 pm

ryan was keeping cards close to chest in league
Back to top Go down
lobitin
Junior C
Junior C


Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:18 am

Well done to all involved yesterday, you cant ask for more than that. Really think we will put in a good showing against the Dubs and prove that there is still a kick in Leinster football yet. On another note it was amazing and worrying to say the least the improvement in the standard of refereeing yesterday. Even at half time when we were losing I was saying how Nolan got every call correct.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:58 am

fone wrote:
ryan was keeping cards close to chest in  league

Ah now Fone. I hope that post is very much tongue in cheek.

On the match itself it was a fantastic 2nd half performance. The refreshing part is that it was something we have failed to do for 2 years under Ryan.

I've been saying it all along that we have players very capable of performing to the highest level.

I will be very happy to be proven wrong by JR should we produce more performances like that this year. And who knows maybe I would also change my outlook on the management team.
At the end of the day it's about results and performances .
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1045
Join date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:04 am

fone wrote:
ryan was keeping cards close to chest in  league

Dear god .. No
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1912
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:09 am

Lads can anyone help me understand if Ryan actually set us up differently or did we just go on a streak of form early in the second half? To be honest it sounds like the defensive frailties continued during the first half and we went on a run driven by a few players in form after the break. None of which really indicates Ryan has turned a corner. Am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 484
Join date : 2011-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:03 am

Ah will you give it a rest complaining about the manager? The league is over.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 537
Join date : 2013-09-24
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:32 am

I don't think many are complaining about the management today. I do think it's bullshit about playing his cards close to his chest!! I myself am still not convinced but I would fucking LOVE him to prove me and everyone else wrong cause that means we would have had a good championship.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2333
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:43 am

LillieLad wrote:
I don't think many are complaining about the management today. I do think it's bullshit about playing his cards close to his chest!! I myself am still not convinced but I would fucking LOVE him to prove me and everyone else wrong cause that means we would have had a good championship.
no sence on humour cannot see ryan proving us all wrong
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 693
Join date : 2011-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:49 am

As I remember, we won the throw-in to the 2nd half, worked the ball up to McNally who got a great point. Laois tried a short kick-out and Smith intercepted, passed to Leper who finished for a goal. I think Laois were shell-shocked after this and within 9 minutes we had kicked 2-5 (some great scores) and the match was over. So I don't think Ryan did anything different but I think it's unfair to give him all the blame when things go wrong and no credit when we do well.

For me, the positives last night were:
- a more direct approach. A lot more kicking into the forwards and less lateral hand-passing.
- more discipline. A lot less scoring frees conceded.
- much better individual performances. I thought Leper, McNally, Fogarty, O'Flaherty and O'Neill had their best games of the season. Donnellan, Lyons, Cribbin were good as well.
The negatives:
- our wing-backs conceded a lot from play. I think Murnaghan was dropping off O'Carroll to sweep but O'Carroll wasn't being marked and caused havoc in the first half. Bolton didn't have one of his better games either. A bit worrying as it's Connolly and Flynn next up.
- we conceded more goal chances than the first day. Laois missed a penalty and Quigley missed an easy chance in the first half. Again, worrying with the Dubs next up.
- we got cleaned out on the long kick-outs again. Which makes it even more surprising that Laois went trying short kick-outs in the 2nd half. We'll be up against it here against the Dubs for sure.

We haven't turned into world-beaters overnight and will be really up against it against Dublin but I think the players and management deserve credit for last night's performance.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2333
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:54 am

JohnnyC wrote:
As I remember, we won the throw-in to the 2nd half, worked the ball up to McNally who got a great point. Laois tried a short kick-out and Smith intercepted, passed to Leper who finished for a goal. I think Laois were shell-shocked after this and within 9 minutes we had kicked 2-5 (some great scores) and the match was over. So I don't think Ryan did anything different but I think it's unfair to give him all the blame when things go wrong and no credit when we do well.

For me, the positives last night were:
- a more direct approach. A lot more kicking into the forwards and less lateral hand-passing.
- more discipline. A lot less scoring frees conceded.
- much better individual performances. I thought Leper, McNally, Fogarty, O'Flaherty and O'Neill had their best games of the season. Donnellan, Lyons, Cribbin were good as well.
The negatives:
- our wing-backs conceded a lot from play. I think Murnaghan was dropping off O'Carroll to sweep but O'Carroll wasn't being marked and caused havoc in the first half. Bolton didn't have one of his better games either. A bit worrying as it's Connolly and Flynn next up.
- we conceded more goal chances than the first day. Laois missed a penalty and Quigley missed an easy chance in the first half. Again, worrying with the Dubs next up.
- we got cleaned out on the long kick-outs again. Which makes it even more surprising that Laois went trying short kick-outs in the 2nd half. We'll be up against it here against the Dubs for sure.

We haven't turned into world-beaters overnight and will be really up against it against Dublin but I think the players and management deserve credit for last night's performance.
16 wides last night
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 836
Join date : 2013-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:30 am

By winning last night we ensured that we enter the qualifiers at the 2nd round stage ( most probably) and you would think that will be drawn against one of Laois, Offaly, Longford or Cavan, so theres nothing to stop us getting on a bit of a run from there. We also ensured that we go directly into the Q/Finals in next years Leinster championships.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 799
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:18 am

lobitin wrote:
Well done to all involved yesterday, you cant ask for more than that. Really think we will put in a good showing against the Dubs and prove that there is still a kick in Leinster football yet. On another note it was amazing and worrying to say the least the improvement in the standard of refereeing yesterday. Even at half time when we were losing I was saying how Nolan got every call correct.

I thought Nolan got a lot wrong in the 1st half, actually think he's a good ref but didn't think he had a good game
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1912
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:49 am

lilysavage wrote:
Ah will you give it a rest complaining about the manager? The league is over.

If that was directed at me I was simply asking for some more insight into how we were set up and played as I am out of the country at the moment. If you've nothing to say on the topic just ignore my request.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1912
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:53 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
By winning last night we ensured that we enter the qualifiers at the 2nd round stage ( most probably) and you would think that will be drawn against one of Laois, Offaly, Longford or Cavan, so theres nothing to stop us getting on a bit of a run from there.  We also ensured that we go directly into the Q/Finals in next years Leinster championships.

Don't think we can play Laois again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Laois   

Back to top Go down
 
Kildare v Laois
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Similar topics
-
» kildare v laois
» Kildare v Laois
» Kildare v Laois
» Kildare v Laois
» Kildare V Laois

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: