Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:21 am

Good luck to both teams.

Keep the faith.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:20 am

15 gone all at sea already, Ryan like a rabbit in the headlights. Shocking stuff. No surprise though.

Why one pass when we can have three.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:42 am

Any chance Ryan could catch the bus to Waterford at half time and let someone who actually knows what they are doing take over. 
He is a disgrace and should have been sacked after the league. 
Set the County back years. Totally inept. He actually makes me angry seeing him stutter up and down the line not having a clue what is going on.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:35 am

Can forget about analysing second half or any positives from it for they don't exist. Getting physical and kicking a few scores when the opposition have won the game and are warming down doesn't matter. However, while I'd question the lack of gameplan, I'd question the players every bit as much as the line. Kicked eight or nine wides in first half, including a simple 1-2 thrown away in the first 10 minutes. But far worse than that was the attitude. It stank and I'm embarrassed. If I was Jason Ryan, I'd have placed a massive mirror in the dressing room for the players to return to at full-time.

In an era of controlled tactics and set-ups, that doesn't mean there's no room dedication, work rate, physicality, pride, hustle and aggression. Instead, what we got were Kildare players without the ball acting as if trying to hug the missus. They were in awe of each and every Dublin player, afraid to crease that beautiful blue jersey. I say this having known it would be a 20-point beating to a team we can't match, but you can get a hammering giving it your all. People will say they are out training in the cold and mud and so on and I respect that, but I will not be told a single player gave their all or anywhere near it. That's shameful stuff. I expect a serious backlash against Offaly because given the attitude out there, they'll have had a two week break in advance of it.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:46 am

This so called manager has been in charge of our two record Championship defeats since 1897. One worse than the last. Absolute disgrace. Just go now you pure loser.

5-18 Jesus, hard to believe an Intercounty team can concede that.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:19 am

Mcgeeney was in charge of last team mauled by the Dubs. Dublin do this to 95% of teams so get off your high horse. Wides in first half were disappointing but anyone who expected any other outcome is deluded.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:24 am

lilysavage wrote:
Mcgeeney was in charge of last team mauled by the Dubs. Dublin do this to 95% of teams so get off your high horse. Wides in first half were disappointing but anyone who expected any other outcome is deluded.

Christ things are bad, not only are we getting pummelled, some of us have started accepting and excusing it! A winning mentality.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:29 am

Yep. Accept it. We are nowhere near level to be competitive with Dublin. Realistic goal is to get over Offaly and try go as far as we can in qualifiers. We will brme competive once every five times against the Dubs. This wasnt that one time and was never gonna be.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 am

lilysavage wrote:
Mcgeeney was in charge of last team mauled by the Dubs. Dublin do this to 95% of teams so get off your high horse. Wides in first half were disappointing but anyone who expected any other outcome is deluded
Why are you bringing McGeeney into it. Haven't the likes of you told everyone to build a bridge. Now to justify another disaster from Ryan you bring him up.

If Ryan had half the success McGeeney had he'd be doing well. He's destroyed the team, no one can day any different. He is a spoofer of the highest order and should be ran out of the County.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:51 am

Like lambs led to the slaughter. Poorly prepared. Poorly set up.

As a player you can look like you're not trying or committed Tommy when you're against a far superior set up. I actually think the lads done their best given the management's limitations.

I'd be highly embarrassed if I were Jason Ryan & Co setting up the way we did today. I cannot for the life of me understand Ronan Quinn and Hendy's input both defenders .

We set up no differently today than when we conceded 24 points to Roscommon in the league or when Westmeath turned us over without breaking a sweat.

It's just a continuation of the same old bullshit. I'd have a little just a smidgen of admiration for Ryan if he tried something different .

I really cannot wrap my head around the level of ineptitude. And it's because of this we are in division 3 next year.
Not players or injuries.

Again I simply cannot fathom the way we set up today
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:52 am

You may recall that I predicted a 20-point defeat against Dublin before the championship.

It was obvious watching Kildare during the league that Ryan hadn't a clue what he was doing tactically, so I couldn't see anything different happening today - in fact it was exactly what I expected. It was strange watching Kildare and Meath - both teams played like the Donegal-Dublin match last year never happened. No lessons learned from that game and both teams had a tactical approach that was about a decade out of date.

Anyway, Kildare have the handy side of the qualifier draw but even if we scrape a quarter final, as soon as we hit one of the big four, the same thing will happen again - we'll be destroyed. Tbh, form and tactics have been erratic all year, and as a result Kildare are a fragile team, so a quarter final is far from a sure thing.

To pick a positive from today - the minors put in a fine performance to beat Dublin. We have held our own at underage in recent years, so there is a solid platform to build for whoever takes charge next year. And god knows, expectations aren't going to be especially high.

But we're going nowhere until we can find a manager with a strong tactical approach and good organisational skills. Hopefully we can identify someone who fits the bill and finally reap the rewards of the hard work that's been done at underage level in recent years.

Last edited by HauntedGraffiti on Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:56 am

dublin biggest  win  over kildare   since 1897
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:59 am

I think we would have lost whatever way we played but I was amazed we didn't try to play with a couple of extra defenders. Surely we should have been trying to stay in the game as long as possible and try to avoid conceding goals at all costs. We were never going to compete with them going man for man.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:00 am

Ryan just now "Kildare getting getting beat in Leinster is not a new concept". Leader of men right there.

Fraud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:31 am

I suppose Ryan had his belly tickled by the KFM crew in the tunnel after the match ensuring an interview next week should we stumble over offally.

Did anyone ask him the what the fuck was his plan today ? The bloody dogs in the street knew if we went man for man a mauling was going to happen. Every pundit and armchair expert up and down the country said as much.

So why did we do it?

Are we expecting too much to keep Dublin to a single digit loss? Is that why Brian Murphy was giving out during the week about faceless people on forums expecting too much and being critical. I'm sorry Brian if expecting to to lose by at most 9 points to Dublin causes you offence.

The train fares to Cork are reasonable these days if you do not like it
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:14 am

We need a jim mcguinnes Manager type to take charge . Change the way we think and set up and play end of story is there one out there ,!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:59 am

Freddy Krueger wrote:
I suppose Ryan had his belly tickled by the KFM crew in the tunnel after the match ensuring an interview next week should we stumble over offally.

Did anyone ask him the what the fuck was his plan today ? The bloody dogs in the street knew if we went man for man a mauling was going to happen. Every pundit and armchair expert up and down the country said as much.

So why did we do it?

Are we expecting too much to keep Dublin to a single digit loss? Is that why Brian Murphy was giving out during the week about faceless people on forums expecting too much and being critical. I'm sorry Brian if expecting to to lose by at most 9 points to Dublin causes you offence.

The train fares to Cork are reasonable these days if you do not like it

Disgraceful comment ( the last sentence), the 1998 goal against Meath was the greatest sporting moment of my life and I am in my 50's and the same person ( whom I do not know personally ) has worked tirelessly at underage for both club and county over the last number of years.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:48 am

Withdraw that comment about Murphy, Freddy. You can say what you like about Ryan but dragging a player who contributed so handsomely to our 2 Leinster wins into the shambles we have now is just wrong. He has done Trojan work at underage level in the last few years. How many years did we go without winning a match at minor level before he took over?
As to the match itself it was entirely as predicted by many. Dublin would have done similar to most of the rest of Leinster counties. Yes we could and should have set up a lot better but the reality is that we are a very ordinary team with a lot of very ordinary players. We have absolutely no pace and every Dublin player seemed so much faster than us.
The manager should definitely go but quite a few of the players should go also. Its time to take a long term view and concentrate on starting afresh with a lot of young players. Hopefully we will have a 2nd minor title in 2 years to go with the fine team of 2010. Plenty of young talent there to work with.
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:59 am

Now we're in to a few days of blame the manager, (interesting there's no one questioning the team selection or timing of substitutes the usual items for  on these fora). Need to get real the players aren't there. The comment about Murphy is a disgrace and typical of the key board warrior "fan" we hear from on this forum. Please keep your anger venting for the pub or a soccer forum.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:21 am

The expecteded shite from our two anti Ryan's. The win against Laois was the players taking over when Ryan didn't know what to do. Today the players seemingly excused and again the managers fault. Not absolving him think he got his match ups wrong but the dubs are miles ahead of us.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:25 am

All down the line wrote:
Now we're in to a few days of blame the manager, (interesting there's no one questioning the team selection or timing of substitutes the usual items for  on these fora). Need to get real the players aren't there. The comment about Murphy is a disgrace and typical of the key board warrior "fan" we hear from on this forum. Please keep your anger venting for the pub or a soccer forum.

Players aren't there to beat Dublin, no. Are players in a good set-up there to do better than 19 points off the pace? Yes. We and the players deserve better than humiliation. We've players every bit as good as Derry so why were they Division One, within a couple of Dublin, challenged Donegal etc with far less underage success than us? Because they've a proper set-up. I'm not getting into McGeeney debate but off the field he tried to change an attitude that we aren't good enough. Regardless of his departure, my hope was that might at least have been left over. Sadly not, I've never in any other county heard such a bunch of losers justifying a defeat not seen in 118 years. Listen to yourselves lads, you'd defend anything. Sure nothing went wrong at all today. It's grand. It's our level. It'll always be our level. No wonder the country laughs at us, attitudes like that make it deserved. I mean f**k me, 19 points and lads on here giving out about criticism. There's no shame. Hope you're not involved in your clubs or Lord have mercy on them. I'm just flabbergasted by that. Even for Kildare people.

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:27 am

I'd have to agree with murof on this one. The players just aren't there anymore to compete with the likes of Dublin. They were bringing on the likes of Alan Brogan and Paddy Andrews while Hugh Lynch and Fionn Dowling came on for us. Not exactly speed merchants who were going to strike fear into the Dubs defence. Chalk and cheese.

Our build up play today was so slow and ponderous, how many times did we see a Kildare player take on his man? The lack of pace throughout the team was frightening at times.

The wides again were embarrassing. If half of them were kicked over and Fogarty or McNally had converted one of the goal chances in the first half, we would still have been in touching distance at half time.

Blaming Jason Ryan for the woes of this team is a little naive and short-sighted. We haven't come within an asses roar of winning a Leinster title since 2003 and that's not going to change anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:39 am

Can any of the Ryan detractprs list a 15 that would have troubled the Dubs today? Throw in a few tactics while ur at it. One or two sweepers is it? Give us a laugh.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:40 am

Very disappointing outcome but you couldn't find fault with the players' effort. They kept trying today but were just simply outclassed. The speed and accuracy with which Dublin move the ball from defence to attack is seriously impressive. We have a small handful of players who can match that but they are in the minority.

In order to compete with Dublin we need everyone available and putting in a demonic effort. We haven't had that this year for a variety of reasons. It's probable that we will have a new set up next year but we need every man buying into it 100% from day one. Only then will we start to make progress again. Today might have been the last time we'll see a few of those Kildare players in Croke Park which is sad considering some of the great days they have given us. Hopefully the next generation can build on results like today's minor victory.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:57 am

Freddy van fcuk face, it's time for you to sling your hook you are an absolute imbecile. To think that people who support Kildare gaa have anything in common with a Moran like you who can come on here with a statement like that just backs up what Brian was saying the keys have no resistance to idiots like you. so take the high road as you promised. I have no shame in supporting Brian Murphy or anyone like him who gives massive time to gaa in Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   

Back to top Go down

Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next