Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 3443
Join date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:52 pm

fone wrote:
kildare are looking at monaghan style of play they used in league semi final against dublin,  

Lets hope it works, but can we play that style ? , im not sure.

Just a thought, but are our Backs on the small side ? , or am I delusional ?.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1336
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:06 am

Lads the only thing for it is to turn this into a war.

Kick them, punch them, fuck them out over the advertising hoardings - whatever it takes.

Also, if we need to use up time maybe one of us could run onto the field and be restrained by five stewards, like your man from Mayo last year. Are there any lads on the forum who'd had have enough bulk to volunteer?

Back to top Go down
Daenis
Junior C
Junior C


Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:45 am

does any know of any buses heading up to the match? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2349
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:34 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Lads the only thing for it is to turn this into a war.

Kick them, punch them, fuck them out over the advertising hoardings - whatever it takes.

Also, if we need to use up time maybe one of us could run onto the field and be restrained by five stewards, like your man from Mayo last year. Are there any lads on the forum who'd had have enough bulk to volunteer?


They'd only send the tea lady after me
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1608
Join date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:45 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Lads the only thing for it is to turn this into a war.

Kick them, punch them, fuck them out over the advertising hoardings - whatever it takes.

Also, if we need to use up time maybe one of us could run onto the field and be restrained by five stewards, like your man from Mayo last year. Are there any lads on the forum who'd had have enough bulk to volunteer?


"Barr says even that was no big deal in the great scheme of things and tells the story of a row with Kildare that spilled down the tunnel years later. He was first into the dressing room and was chewing on a sugared orange when he realised no one else was coming in to join him. So he stuck his head around the door, saw chaos and a Dublin Garda on duty shouting, “Break it up” and swinging at Kildare men repeatedly."
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1846
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:07 am

Daenis wrote:
does any know of any buses heading up to the match? Very Happy

They've already been parked across the 45m line
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2264
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:36 am

Crofter wrote:
fone wrote:
bob12 wrote:
How do you know this fone?
was told  this morning and podge and bolton might not  start

Is that tactical or due to injuries, Fone?

I can see the logic in leaving both out as we need our fastest, fittest and most mobile players starting. I'd have left Bolton on the team though due to his experience and ability to read the game and set up attacks. Certainly not to man-mark Flynn though.
tactical doyle conway white was told could half backline on day
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1608
Join date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:45 am

fone wrote:
Crofter wrote:
fone wrote:
bob12 wrote:
How do you know this fone?
was told  this morning and podge and bolton might not  start

Is that tactical or due to injuries, Fone?

I can see the logic in leaving both out as we need our fastest, fittest and most mobile players starting. I'd have left Bolton on the team though due to his experience and ability to read the game and set up attacks. Certainly not to man-mark Flynn though.
tactical                  doyle  conway   white  was told could  half backline  on day

It's like a 100-metre line-up. Oh wait...
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior


Posts : 107
Join date : 2013-03-19
Age : 52
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:07 am

Bolton lads has lost that yard you need at this level . I la big fan of him but I think there be a good 20 minutes in him when we need . Him
Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior


Posts : 190
Join date : 2010-12-25
Location : kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:08 am

Whatever about the senior game but the minor match on Sunday looks an extremely difficult game to call on paper. In truth neither team has been very impressive thus far and the Croke park factor will definitely suit the Dubs. A leinster title is there though if we have improved on our last few games and can produce it on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 485
Join date : 2011-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:20 am

Lads I see we are all saying going defensive but often when we try to do it we get men back there who don't lay a hand on the man coming through. This effort of standing in a line as a blanket will be fooked when the likes of Connolly, Flynn and Kilkenny run at us. Not to mention their midfield and half forward.
You saw it with Armagh literally in a line on their 45 as Donegal just waited for the deep runner and away he went. If you are to set it up we need to defend a bit deeper but not be afraid to step to them a bit. Like you can move out and pressure the man on the ball if there is congestion behind you.
As I said if we just backtrack for the sake of it they will blast past lads on their heels.
I'm not holding much hope but a respectable showing is ok with me.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2349
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:34 pm

I'd snap the hands off the nine-point margin that was between Donegal and Armagh right now.

But you're point is well-made. You have to tackle and be disciplined. The thing is not to let them get goals. Just allow no space for runners, be physical, front up and hold them up.

It is the only way to go. Because if they'll blast past lads not putting that pressure on, they'll blast past lads in space much more easily!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1846
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Ogie wrote:
I'd snap the hands off the nine-point margin that was between Donegal and Armagh right now.

But you're point is well-made. You have to tackle and be disciplined.  The thing is not to let them get goals. Just allow no space for runners, be physical, front up and hold them up.

It is the only way to go. Because if they'll blast past lads not putting that pressure on, they'll blast past lads in space much more easily!

+1 When anyone said "park the bus" or play defensively I'm sure it was implied that you go to war on the man with the ball and anyone trying to be the next to receive it - it was never a case of just getting bodies back. Whether we have players who can successfully execute this is another matter of course. But we shall see. It's certainly worth a try.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:29 pm

I think its important that we take as many scores as we can even do what Dublin try and do go for goals early. We kicked 16 wides the last day but we will nearly have to half that to have a little bit of hope in putting the Dubs under pressure. Also if we can stay with them until half time that might put a bit of fear in them. I would love if we give them a game..
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:05 am

Fergal Conway out I'm hearing.

Peter Kelly out.

Alan Smith a doubt with hamstring.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 1379
Join date : 2010-10-20
Location : Kildare

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:08 am

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Fergal Conway out I'm hearing.

Peter Kelly out.

Alan Smith a doubt with hamstring.

Great. Any more good news Freddy.... Dublin have come down with the vomiting bug or something cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:18 am

Remember that time we weren't decimated by injuries. No, neither do I.

Half the players seem to be made of biscuits.

All these injuries would make you have to question the s&c team.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 528
Join date : 2013-09-24
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:25 am

Fuck sake!! what's wrong with Conway? I hate being negative but if we come within 10 of these I'd be surprised.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 920
Join date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:48 am

Did Fergal Conway not have to go off with concussion v Laois ?

May not have passed protcols ?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2349
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:59 pm

To be fair now, you can't be selective about these things. Again, I was the biggest Geezer fan in the world (apologist) but there were much worse injury runs in that time. Remember the time when you had five cruciates? I think, without being any expert, that it's to do with the increased workload of a professional athlete on an amateur sportsperson and not getting the professional level of rest, sleep etc, having to go to work and so on. But then McGeeney would say GAA inter-county players don't train as hard as other amateur sportspeople in Ireland, so I don't know. Anyway, it's clearly a delicate balance.

Not sure if the Conway one is concussion - you have Eoin Doyle thankfully. Peter Kelly we knew about and has had chronic injuries since 2010 unfortunately. Smithy would be a massive blow as you know Dublin will be thinking about him. He is a threat in terms of the ball sticking, bringing other players into the game, obviously getting a score - and would keep them some bit honest in terms of committing men forward. A hamstring this close doesn't sound good though.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 447
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:10 pm

If Smith is injured would you play N Kelly, Fogarty and Callaghan in the full forward line?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 2349
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:12 pm

I wouldn't imagine there'll be a three-man full-forward line anyway, whoever the personnel will be.I would actually be shocked. And worried.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:27 pm

Ogie wrote:
To be fair now, you can't be selective about these things. Again, I was the biggest Geezer fan in the world (apologist) but there were much worse injury runs in that time. Remember the time when you had five cruciates? I think, without being any expert, that it's to do with the increased workload of a professional athlete on an amateur sportsperson and not getting the professional level of rest, sleep etc, having to go to work and so on. But then McGeeney would say GAA inter-county players don't train as hard as other amateur sportspeople in Ireland, so I don't know. Anyway, it's clearly a delicate balance.

Not sure if the Conway one is concussion - you have Eoin Doyle thankfully. Peter Kelly we knew about and has had chronic injuries since 2010 unfortunately. Smithy would be a massive blow as you know Dublin will be thinking about him. He is a threat in terms of the ball sticking, bringing other players into the game, obviously getting a score - and would keep them some bit honest in terms of committing men forward. A hamstring this close doesn't sound good though.

McGeeney got heavily criticised for it at the time as did Julie Davis.
The thing is these are not cruciates though. they all seem to be muscle injuries. That's why I would question the S&C as I would have thought it was their job to make sure these types of injuries were kept to an absolute minimum. Yet we've had off the top of my head P. Kelly, N. Kelly and now Smith all with hamstring issues. Too much of a coincidence there for me.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:31 pm

bag of white wrote:
If Smith is injured would you play N Kelly, Fogarty and Callaghan in the full forward line?

No pace, they will get eaten by Dublin's full back line, but what would be the alternative. Smith was key to winning ball and providing space for others. huge loss if he is out.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 pm

Broken cheek bone I'm hearing Conway suffered against Laois. Unlikely feature again this year.

Pretty good source so I'd believe it to be true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   

Back to top Go down
 
Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final
» Kildare Clubs in Leinster
» Leinster SHC and SFC Dates and Venues
» A Bit of Nostalgia, Leinster Minor Champions 1987
» Best Kildare Games

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: