Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Broken cheek bone I'm hearing Conway suffered against Laois. Unlikely feature again this year.

Pretty good source so I'd believe it to be true.

Heard an eye injury but could be related I'm sure
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:40 pm

Hyland surely has to start now. Strange if he was considered good enough 2 years ago and not now.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:10 pm

Hyland is a nice player but very light for c b would take a chance on p.kelly if fit not any better on subs
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:21 pm

white boy wrote:
Hyland is a nice player but very light  for c b  would take a chance on p.kelly if fit not any better on  subs

I'd probably go with Eoin Doyle at CB if he's fit. He'd offer more of a presence there than Hyland. Kelly would be an option too if fit.

Regarding my suggested full forward line if Smith is injured I'd put Fogarty and Kelly inside with Callaghan out the field roaming/defending. I think though we might find it hard to get the ball to stick to Fogarty and Kelly inside for pace and size issues respectively.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Fucking hell Conway is a big loss was starting to play well this year too..Eoin Doyle is a good option to have though, I'd prefer the two of them too add more steal...
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:39 pm

white boy wrote:
Hyland is a nice player but very light  for c b  would take a chance on p.kelly if fit not any better on  subs

The sweper role would suit Hylo imo.. but you couldnt put Him on Kilkenny, or Flynn either for that matter.. As the injuries mount, and they have a full hand to chose from, the 11 Point spread at evens now looks good value.. Dublin now at 1/40.. Fkuc have we ever being as much of an Underdog ?.
Back to top Go down
dontfoul
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:29 am

Just to add to the confidence

27 games so far this year and the underdog has covered the handicap on only 6 occasions - the favourite was a Div2 team in 5 instances with 4 being games against lower division teams (the sixth was two Div2; when Kildare beat Laois)

So the bookies seem to be overestimating Division 2 teams ...
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:25 pm

Is this the most low key game Kildare have had in living memory. Not a flag, not a bit of bunting, no hype, no ticket issues, no build up, and probably no hope.

I can't remember if ever in my life a game where we nobody in the county seems to be bothered about it. Doubt more than a couple of thousand will go up, which is a sad reflection of the times.

Personally I can't even get worried about it. Usually I'd be thinking of all the things that could happen, but I honestly find it hard to give a thought to Sunday.

Once that starts it's a slippery slope not not caring at all. Dark times.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Id say a very small Kildare crowd will travel.. People who would usually have their tickets got early are not bothered now.. Look at the turnout in Tullamore.

Any Team news ?
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Read on the Hoganstand forum Conway only has a cut and nothings broken I hope that's true.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:54 pm

Bad News Baba wrote:
Is this the most low key game Kildare have had in living memory. Not a flag, not a bit of bunting, no hype, no ticket issues, no build up, and probably no hope.

I can't remember if ever in my life a game where we nobody in the county seems to be bothered about it. Doubt more than a couple of thousand will go up, which is a sad reflection of the times.

Personally I can't even get worried about it. Usually I'd be thinking of all the things that could happen, but I honestly find it hard to give a thought to Sunday.

Once that starts it's a slippery slope not not caring at all. Dark times.

I hate to say and it kills me to do so but I have lost heart with the county team over the last few years and especially this year.

I never missed a game but last few years including Geezers last I just couldn't face it anymore. So much disappointment and the mess behind the scenes with the county board and our debt was the last straw. Losing top class players to Australia or America annoys me too although I dont begrudge them young fellas doing it.

Fair play to those that keep the faith because it cant be easy. I'll be watching on TV on Sunday. Ive grown to hate going to Croke Park in recent years. Always preferred the regional games. More atmosphere and craic.

I think football in general has become a bit boring too at inter county level. The inequity of the provincial system and the gap between the top 5 or 6 and the rest just makes it dull for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:11 pm

Dont do anything silly now lads...ye sound like you're ginna top yourselves. True supporters follow their team in good times and bad. Cheer up. Maybe try get a ride for yourselves.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:12 pm

The build up is very low key alright. From everyone, not just Kildare supporters. The dubs fans are treating this game as a minor speed bump on the way to the big games against the likes of Donegal, Mayo or Kerry.

There is barely a mention of the game in the media as the expectation is that Kildare will get a hammering.

I'll go to the match on Sunday because Croker is convenient for me but I can understand why Kildare people won't travel in big numbers for this one. A trip to Tullamore next week and a more competitive game is far more appealing.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:17 pm

Much as I expect us to lose by a cricket score if I wasn't abroad I'd be right there seated in some crappy season ticket seat out in the elements at the front of the Cusack. Would go for the minors too so a long day out.

I see Brian Murphy having a go at the keyboard warriors today - I guess he reads this forum. He seems to assume if you're a keyboard warrior you don't contribute to your local club which is a pretty sweeping generalisation.

If the team start to perform they will get plenty of support, Brian both in the stands and on the t'internet.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:18 pm

It is hard to blame people for their apathy towards this fixture, most people accept we are going to lose quite heavily and the best we can hope for is to beat the handicap of 11, with that in mind, I wouldn't for a second blame anybody for not travelling on Sunday!
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Crofter wrote:
Much as I expect us to lose by a cricket score if I wasn't abroad I'd be right there seated in some crappy season ticket seat out in the elements at the front of the Cusack. Would go for the minors too so a long day out.

I see Brian Murphy having a go at the keyboard warriors today - I guess he reads this forum. He seems to assume if you're a keyboard warrior you don't contribute to your local club which is a pretty sweeping generalisation.

If the team start to perform they will get plenty of support, Brian both in the stands and on the t'internet.

I haven't seen Murphy's comments but I assume they are in relation to the Seniors because his U21's got plenty of backing.

Whatever he said he can't deny that the seniors have been a disaster for three years now and people quite rightly have voiced their opinion on it, myself more than most, but only because I care deeply about Kildare football and to see it in such a state is heart breaking.

Sunday could be the death nail for football for the next number of years in the County, can't see too many people forking out the prices that are charged to watch a non competitive match or their County getting thumped on an annual basis much longer.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:49 pm

The supporters that will go up on Sunday will be the majority of the ones that have traveled to see the team play during the league. Some wont as it was a poor league. Some more will as its the Championship and a day out in Croker (might not be many more of them in the near future) These supporters will be the older generation that will forever hope that Kildare reach the Holy Grail. Families whose parents are in their 30's and started out on the road with the days out in Croker in 98 & 00. Whatever their age or gender every Kildare supporter going up will be fearing the worse.....BUT deep down inside they will hope/pray/wish/dream that this Kildare team can put on a display that will have them standing applauding the players off after giving everything for 70 minutes.
Back to top Go down
dontfoul
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:52 am

On this Dublin side specifically

Nice pieces on kickouts from both Brendan Coffey

http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/2015/06/25/kick-outs-to-be-key-in-croke-park/

& from Rob Carroll

http://gaelicstats.com/the-dominant-dubs-kickout-analysis/
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:44 am

Yeah the reason I'm going is imagine if we play to our best and somehow beat those dicks I would be fucking raging if I missed it, the lads need our support too.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:31 am

Jaysus I'd give my left testicle to beat them ..
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:05 am

flourman wrote:

Would that make you a right bollox?
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:20 am

Brilliant lads! I would love to win on sunday but reality is it wont happen. Us leixlip folk put up with a lot - within our community apart from us Kildare folk are mayo and galway supporters and dubs so when we do well its an up yours to all of those who are actually home grown Lilies but choose their parents' counties ahead of Kildare. Now that is not saying they dont follow Kildare in any way but these folk would rather shout against kildare if one of their parents' counties played us. It is hard to stomach to say the least! Especially for the pocket of natives that are left!!

Anyhow enough of my ranting, I hope we can at least match them for most of the game - anything after that is a huge bonus! As Ciaran Whelan in an article said Kildare should focus on the game in sections - the opening 17 to 20, the final 10 or 15 before half time and then the last two quarters. That way our task does not seem as daunting well somewhat!! A performance will do me - something for us supporters to cling onto and something for our lads to show that the shambles that has existed (up until second half of Laois replay) is not a reflection on the ability of our team overall and that perhaps we are slowly moving in some sort of right direction.

Here's Hoping!! CILL DARA ABÚ!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:37 am

I'm travelling cross country Sunday morning with the 3 kids. Will be there for the minor match and will stay to what I fear will be the bitter end. Do I give us a chance.... no... but I was in Athy when we lost to Kilkenny and I didn't give up then and I won't give up now. We were very poor then and are pretty poor now but we had a good time in between. I'm sure that time will return
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:09 am

hawker wrote:
flourman wrote:

Would that make you a right bollox?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:19 am

Will be travelling up but almost out of a sense of duty or habit tbh. Cant remember when I thought getting hammered was the likely outcome but that's probably as much to do with the strength of the opposition as the weakness of ourselves.
It's galling to think that players like Feeley, Hurley, Brophy and Flynn could be playing under different circumstances, not to mention McGrillen and Kavanagh and what a difference that could make. Still clinging to the belief that we are a lot better than we have shown so far and maybe we might be relaxed enough on sunday to play with a bit of freedom from fear and have a go. Would be nice to come out afterwards having seen us run up a decent score and play with skill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   

Back to top Go down

Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next