Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Cork

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:17 am

flourman wrote:
You can tell Peter McNamara doesn't see to much of Kildare. Utter tripe of an article.

The funniest part was where he talks about Bolton and White "illustrating the point" and then doesn't mention White again for the entire article thus not explaining how he supposedly illustrates the point.

I won't even discuss the analysis on Leper as anything I say might be construed as a criticism of a player who owes us nothing at this stage.

Last edited by Crofter on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:24 am

You know you are barking up the wrong tree when Colm Parkinson is calling you out on twitter over an article and being more informed about Kildare.
Back to top Go down
e.s.b.
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:24 am

I'd say that guy was never at a Kildare game in his life. Paper never refuses ink! Was so bad it was funny. Am Looking forward to see Emmet soar on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:34 am

I have just read it and while I don't care much for his opinion, never even heard of him, I actually couldn't say that his told any untruths. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:47 am

To call that article nonsense is too fair a description, utter rubbish!!
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:01 am

Bad News Baba wrote:
You know you are barking up the wrong tree when Colm Parkinson is calling you out on twitter over an article and being more informed about Kildare.

Imagine the shame of being shown up by that rat ..
Back to top Go down
tpos
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:13 am

See Cork have announced team and subs for Saturday, any chance we might do the same, they have to be give for programme anyway
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:28 am

No chance based on recent experience. Hurley dropped by Cork and Cadogan in for Paddy Kelly.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:29 am

e.s.b. wrote:
I'd say that guy was never at a Kildare game in his life. Paper never refuses ink! Was so bad it was funny. Am Looking forward to see Emmet soar on Saturday.

Claims to have been at 4 games this year. Why an
Examiner reporter would go to 4 of our games is beyond me and somewhat hard to believe unless he is one of our own of course.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:15 pm

Possibly the most ridiculous article I've seen on Kildare, and that's saying something. It was downright weird. What in the name of god does Gary White illustrate? It's like he picked a name at random from the teamsheet.

As for Callaghan, the journo must have missed the period from 2009-2012 when he was one of the best wing-forwards in the country. I would say the only reason Leper is stationed closer to goals these days is the injuries have taken their toll and he doesn't have the engine he once had. I'm different from most people on here in that I think he's actually playing well, it's just his shooting letting him down the odd time. But to suggest he's thriving is a joke - just like most newspapers' football coverage.

Anyway, I don't see any reason for optimism here lads. People run Cork down but how many teams could outplay an All-Ireland winning Kerry team in Killarney the way they did the first day?

I'm a bit more hopeful with Hurley and Kelly not starting but look the two teams inhabit different football worlds these days. I'd expect us to lose by about 10 points and if and when we do I'll be giving this place a wide berth as the hysteria goes into overdrive.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:23 pm

What you call hysteria I would call saying it straight. For me if we get beat on Saturday which looks pretty nailed on we will have thrown away two years.
Two years and a lot of money for supporters, two years and all the time and effort given up by the players.
We will have had two relegations, players lost left right and center, bad beatings by Dublin, no big win of any consequence, a catastrophic decline in supporter numbers, the split in the county after the McGeeney debacle is as strong as ever, a divided county Board, divided supporters, no doubt divided players. In truth the last two years have been the most brutally depressing since I was a child in the 80's.
When Ryan goes for me it will be a case of happy to see him go but then you see what he's left in his wake and your joy is short lived.

But time moves on and the Club games will come soon enough and like a crack addict I'll be back next January hoping that this will be the year.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:43 pm

You must have forgotten a lot of years if two seasons in the last 12 are the worst you've seen since the 80s
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:57 pm

Try reading and paying attention a little better, like a good lad. I said the most depressing not the worst.
Back to top Go down
onthewayup
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:11 pm

Mark sherry getting his start Saturday lads
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:23 pm

Is this "Fone" truth (i.e. bullshit) or "actual" truth?
Has the team been named?
Back to top Go down
onthewayup
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:40 pm

Very reliable source the team has being named between them selves. Didn't ask any other names
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:56 pm

Things looked really bad in 90 and 07 also and a couple of good managers quickly turned it around. We are probably just a good appointment away from getting the best of the young players we have at our disposal. Our 2 relegations can be laid squarely on the disatrous endings to the Tyrone and Down games. Not only would the points we lost have saved us but they both resulted in a severe loss of confidence for the remainder of the leagues.
This is actually a very good game for us. Play badly and lose heavily and it raises a lot of questions about our players and obviously the end of Ryan. However play well and I believe we will and have a real go and raise hopes that there are better days ahead.
Players like Bolton, Doyle, Moolick, Cribben, Kelly, O'Flaherty and Smith deserve to play at a higher level than Div 3 and this is their chance to prove it. I hope they grab it and believe in themselves.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:47 pm

What's with the non naming of teams, very poor form from whoever decided that.

In a strange way I am looking forward to Saturday evening, no pressure on us, we can go and play a and see what happens. Supporters can watch knowing the end will either be this week or next so you can just enjoy without worrying about anything beyond it. Haven't been down to Semple since we played Tipp in the league so it will be a leisurely drive down, bite to eat and watch a game of football.

All in all I think I'll just go down and enjoy it for what it is.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:45 pm

I'd be happy to see Sherry start- looked decent the last day and has pace to burn.
Lack of pace in the team needed to be addressed.
Back to top Go down
onthewayup
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Mark Sheery will hold is own won't be a bother on him. He loves going forward on them runs
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:09 pm

onthewayup wrote:
Mark Sheery will hold is own won't be a bother on him. He loves going forward on them runs

Eh, I dont think anyone said He would'nt.. I assume He will be in for McNally ?

Its great to see someone off that 2013 Minor Team make a break trough, and I wish the Lad all the best.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:23 am

Best of luck to the lads tomorrow. Nice to see a small bit of optimism from some people here but hope is a killer when supporting Kildare!

I think the key to our hopes is whether we can stop Cork running through the middle of our defence. Cork don't kick the ball much, they run everything and this is an area we have had problems with for a number of years.

I think a good start is vital as the heads might go down if we concede a goal early on. We've got a bit of momentum and Cork are down from last week so hopefully we'll be well up for it.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:20 am

Bad News Baba wrote:
Try reading and paying attention a little better, like a good lad. I said the most depressing not the worst.

You're more depressed by Kildare now, when we've got young talent coming through and have won six championship games in two years, than in years we couldn't get past the first round of Leinster?

Sure look whatever you're having yourself.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:47 am

Bad News Baba u need to get out more mate. Or else just gi top yourself. Do us all a favour. If you think folliwing Kildare niw is depressing, try reading your posts.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:01 pm

lilysavage wrote:
Bad News Baba u need to get out more mate. Or else just gi top yourself. Do us all a favour. If you think folliwing Kildare niw is depressing, try reading your posts.
Telling someone to go top themselves well your a fucking moron...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Cork
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next