Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Cork

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:31 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Bad News Baba wrote:
Try reading and paying attention a little better, like a good lad. I said the most depressing not the worst.

You're more depressed by Kildare now, when we've got young talent coming through and have won six championship games in two years, than in years we couldn't get past the first round of Leinster?

Sure look whatever you're having yourself.

[size=32]I know you love to defend Ryan no matter what but if you think any of the wins over the last couple of years are of any merit your levels of expectations are obviously as weird as your Ryan love in. But whatever floats your boat.[/size]

[size=32]And yes we seem to have a crop of young players who could be good, but we have seen that before, most of them no longer playing in white and throw in that we need a manager to bring them through and the chances of the CB getting the right person to do that is slim is what is depressing as I know we'll waste that talent. [/size]

[size=32]But you seem happy enough to drift along, happy with Ryan, happy with what we have. Good times.[/size]
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:35 pm

Best of luck to the lads tonight.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:37 pm

lilysavage wrote:
Bad News Baba u need to get out more mate. Or else just gi top yourself. Do us all a favour. If you think folliwing Kildare niw is depressing, try reading your posts.

Sorry your English is so bad even my dog is shaking her head. But I'm glad you went to the effort to post whatever you did.

Just remember the crayons you're using are not to be eaten. Your carer will remind you.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Bad News Baba's five-step approach to arguing on the internet.

Step 1: Make ridiculous statement, and exaggerate as much as possible.

Example: Write that the past two seasons are the most depressing since the 80s.

Step 2: When this is pointed out to you, make a nonsensical argument.

Example: Suggest that "most depressing seasons" and "worst seasons" don't amount to roughly the same thing. Include an insult if possible.

Step 3: You'll be a bit embarrassed at this stage. Now it's important to attack the other poster. You must not do this by debating anything he's actually said. Exaggeration is once again key here. Attribute overblown arguments to the other poster and then attack him over these.

Example: If the poster didn't want Kildare's manager sacked mid-season, you could suggest that this means he is the manager's biggest fan.

Step 4: You might feel a bit bad that you know the other poster doesn't think this because he said so several times and you even agreed with him over the issue a few weeks ago. It's vital that you don't feel bad. You must be completely shameless at all times.

Step 5: You might also feel bad that reasonable posters will see through the five-step plan. Don't worry. Kildare will lose to someone at some point and you can go nuts over that, using one or all of the steps above. Include plenty of abuse for the manager, who despite actually managing at the highest level for nearly a decade, couldn't possibly know more about football than you.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:47 pm

And if all else fails, attack Pat Nolan.

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Ah lads let's play nicely - we're all on the same side and we've the equivalent of a provincial final (last 8 place at stake) tonight.

Good luck to the players - all I ask is that they put heart and soul into it. The manager situation is for another day. I have expressed my views on that enough.

Prediction : Head : Cork by 7 to 10. Heart : Kildare by 1 after extra time.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:14 pm

In fairness Pat Nolan deserves it!!!

Best of luck to players and management alike tonight. Like others I'd be worries about Paul Kerrigan running through the middle at us. If he is stopped and we don't gift them an early goal we have a fighting chance. Would be surprised if Cadogan starts at midfield given that he wasn't fit to play any part just 7 days ago, they might spring young Ian Maguire into midfield.

Here's Ogie's take on the game. No wonder he's been quiet this week!
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/cork-to-fully-test-kildares-eternal-qualifier-hopes-31402932.html

Can't agree about the turnover of players or lack of leaders or the Down game being the reasons we're in division 3 next year. You can't ignore the fact that the team was tactically a mess in a number of games and that substitutions were generally made too late in games (something that in fairness has improved during the championship).
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:03 pm

Ogie makes some good points about the turnover of players. I can't shake the feeling though that so many players (you could add McGrillen to the list) abandoning ship is down to a bit more than lack of game time. Plenty in the past have soldiered on as a squad player when they could see the overall project was moving in the right direction.  

I also don't like the phrase "keyboard warriors" particularly when it comes from someone making a living tapping a keyboard. What are we all here if not keyboard warriors? One of the great benefits of social media (this site included) is the opportunity it grants those of us in other professions (thanjournalism) to express and opinion on something we are passionate about. We are also less constrained than the likes of Ogie who are hampered by the need to maintain relationships with the protagonists and therefore cannot always express what they really think. I am sure however it's the personal abuse that Ogie is getting at and not the fact that people other than journalists are expressing opinions on teams and managers.  

Regarding the Down match... I don't believe you can put our whole league campaign down to one match at the start of a campaign. If so we're even more mentally brittle than the soft-centred Kildare teams of the '70s and '80's I grew up with.  If it was all psychological why did the Cavan win not aid our recovery? Why did the Laois win not turn it around - our next performance against Galway was probably the worst of the campaign when everything was riding on it. Management and player performance are the two critical factors behind our league performance.

Anyway, let's hope today continues a trend of league standing / performance in 2015 not meaning a whole lot when it comes to Championship.  Only Galway, Westmeath and Kildare remain from Division 2 and two of those were relegated.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:13 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:

Example: Suggest that "most depressing seasons" and "worst seasons" don't amount to roughly the same thing. Include an insult if possible.

Step 3: You'll be a bit embarrassed at this stage. Now it's important to attack the other poster. You must not do this by debating anything he's actually said. Exaggeration is once again key here. Attribute overblown arguments to the other poster and then attack him over these.

Example: If the poster didn't want Kildare's manager sacked mid-season, you could suggest that this means he is the manager's biggest fan.

Step 4: You might feel a bit bad that you know the other poster doesn't think this because he said so several times and you even agreed with him over the issue a few weeks ago. It's vital that you don't feel bad. You must be completely shameless at all times.

Step 5: You might also feel bad that reasonable posters will see through the five-step plan. Don't worry. Kildare will lose to someone at some point and you can go nuts over that, using one or all of the steps above. Include plenty of abuse for the manager, who despite actually managing at the highest level for nearly a decade, couldn't possibly know more about football than you.

I suppose it's better than the pm you sent me a while back whinging like a little girl I was mean to you and that you did not agree with me. That made me laugh a lot.

I'm going to the match soon so I don't have a lot of time, but I'll try just for you to point you in the right direction.

A bad year was 1997 where ourselves and Meath beat each other up for three games. You had optimism and saw the emergence of a very good team. The last two years of your buddy Ryan's tenure have been depressing because although as you so rightly pointed out we won six matches what you forgot to add was all of them were against teams who would be classed as poor by most. Had two relegations and have had players abandoning ship at a rate of knots. There is no sense that the team is on the verge of greatness or even competitive against the bigger teams, that's what's depressing.

You really have Ryan's back don't you, I love that last line.  

Oh and I only need one rule for the internet, you can't argue with idiots, so I'll say I agree completely with you and your beautifully written five steps and head off to the match to watch the brilliant Jason Ryan who has managed at the highest level for the last decade years.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:27 pm

Nice illustration of steps two and three Baba and I like how you combined the insult with the complete misrepresentation of what I actually said to you. All class all the time.
Enjoy the game and let nothing sidetrack you from step five when you get home.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:28 pm

Bad News Baba wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:

I suppose it's better than the pm you sent me a while back whinging like a little girl I was mean to you and that you did not agree with me. That made me laugh a lot.

I'm going to the match soon so I don't have a lot of time, but I'll try just for you to point you in the right direction.

A bad year was 1997 where ourselves and Meath beat each other up for three games. You had optimism and saw the emergence of a very good team. The last two years of your buddy Ryan's tenure have been depressing because although as you so rightly pointed out we won six matches what you forgot to add was all of them were against teams who would be classed as poor by most. Had two relegations and have had players abandoning ship at a rate of knots. There is no sense that the team is on the verge of greatness or even competitive against the bigger teams, that's what's depressing.

You really have Ryan's back don't you, I love that last line.  

Oh and I only need one rule for the internet, you can't argue with idiots, so I'll say I agree completely with you and your beautifully written five steps and head off to the match to watch the brilliant Jason Ryan who has managed at the highest level for the last decade years.

Can only assume you weren't around for the '70s and '80's if you thought '97 was bad. For years Kildare had been known as a mentally brittle bunch that no team was frightened of playing. I can honestly say that after 19 years watching them (at that stage) 1997 was the first time I saw a Kildare senior team stand up and be counted against a team of equal or higher standing. Closest thing to that was the Wicklow comeback in 1993 (but Kildare should always beat Wicklow) or the first game against Dublin in 1994 (which many forget after the awful replay performance). Remember in 1997 that Laois had hammered them the year before and despite being down to 13 men for 60 minutes the team fought like giants to pull off one of the most famous wins in our history. We then went toe to toe with the All Ireland Champions in a semi final saga that's still fresh in the memory - the second game being one of the best games many people have seen since the 1977 Dublin-Kerry match. 1997 was in no way depressing as it set us up with the belief that carried us to the Leinster title and an All Ireland Final the following year. But maybe you thought 1998 was bad as well? I'd condemn the comment made to you by Lilysavage above but I don't get your point about '97 at all. I think what people were saying is that (for example) 1995 or 1996 or maybe 2005 or 2006 were equally as bad as the current year. It's hard to argue with them. But that doesn't mean I think Ryan is doing a good job. Hopefully tonight I will have to reconsider my opinion.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:31 pm

It's a good opportunity for Kildare to have a real crack off a decent team. We have to start quickly and try to rattle Cork from the start. They don't have the same mental resolve that the other top teams have.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:34 pm

90, 91, 95, 96, 99, 04, 05, 06 and 07 were all way worse than this year and last in my book Crofter. Ok we had good leagues in 91, 05 and 07 but they were followed by complete disasters in championship.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:00 am

Maybe it's time you 2 lads put your differences aside or start a new thread on it. I don't like the term "keyboard warrior" either and think it should only refer to people who are abusive to the manager.
The worst I ever called Ryan was a spoofer and that was based on his stubborn refusal to admit he got his tactics wrong in after match interviews. I always find his interviews very defensive and negative and hope he conducts himself differently in the dressing room.
There is no doubt that the Down game cost us dearly as the 2 points we almost had would have been enough to move us ahead of Laois and to safety. But we had 6 more matches to correct that and couldn't do it.
As for the match itself I think we could play really well and put ourselves in a winning position. But after failing to hold out so often in the last 2 years I would dread the closing mins.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:55 am

Jesus lads looks like Ryan's a genius after all. HT here and we're totally bossing it. Cork's sweeper system allowing Kildare backs to get forward and create overlaps. Patient hand passing and only popping ball into Smith Kelly and Callaghan when they wriggle free. Thought we were going to kick it away but in a good position now. First goal could decide it. Hope Cotse can keep driving through their defence and create a goal. Some eejit on here (Crofter I think he goes by) said Cork by 7 to 10. Said all I wanted was heart and soul and we've seen that in spades.

Keep it up lads..do us proud. Carpe Diem.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:45 am

When you think of what these players have been through... to produce a performance like that. Thrilled for them.

Also pleased for Jason Ryan. A tactical masterclass.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:50 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Well done one and all Smile
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:58 am

Some result, of course people will say Cork didn't turn up but Kildare were ruthless, the movement was a joy to watch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:20 am

Stonecold wrote:
Some result, of course people will say Cork didn't turn up but Kildare were ruthless, the movement was a joy to watch

On any given day you can only beat what is in front of you.

And on that I will tip my hat to a thoroughly excellent performance. Certainly our best in many years. Possibly since the earmy 00's.

All you ever want from a team and management is to play to their ability and get the most out of the players. Just so pleased for the players that they performed the way I and other Football people know they can.

We have some really good players that haven't performed to the level they are capable of and results over the last while back this up. Hopefully this is a turning point for everyone involved in Kildare Football.

I'm certain everyone who posts on here has nothing but Kildare GAA interests at heart. A good performance next week against Kerry to follow this up would be great.
Back to top Go down
onthewayup
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:29 am

Fair play to all involved. From 1 to 28 to the whole back room team you could see what that ment to them at the final whistle. Well done all
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:31 am

Out of the country so was following the game by text and twitter from friends. Wish I had been there but immensely proud of the team - from the despair of relegation and a trouncing by dublin, to reach a QF and beating a top team (despite what any begrudgers might say) is a great achievement. Plaudits to the players who stuck with it and to Jason Ryan.

Great to be able to look forward to next Sunday now with minors and seniors both in action in Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:45 am

Best performance from a Kildare team in the championship in my life time. You could see from the very first minute that Kildare meant business. The tackling was ferocious and our patience on the ball as well as of our use of it was very good.

While the likes of Paul Cribbin and Niall Kelly will get most of the plaudits, I thought Eoin Doyle once again was outstanding, he's a joy to watch. Honourable mentions to Ciaran Fitzpatrick and Mark Donnellan too, both were excellent.

Cork looked shell-shocked, I think they thought all they had to do was to turn up and Kildare would roll over, far from it.

That's 3- 45 Kildare have scored in their last two games, and they say there's no forwards in Kildare..

Delighted for Jason Ryan, he has shipped some disgusting abuse on here and elsewhere. Hopefully those clowns crawl back under their rock for another while.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:00 am

Congrats to the team and management... Huge win for the team...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:07 am

Taibi wrote:
Best performance from a Kildare team in the championship in my life time. You could see from the very first minute that Kildare meant business. The tackling was ferocious and our patience on the ball as well as of our use of it was very good.

While the likes of Paul Cribbin and Niall Kelly will get most of the plaudits, I thought Eoin Doyle once again was outstanding, he's a joy to watch. Honourable mentions to Ciaran Fitzpatrick and Mark Donnellan too, both were excellent.

Cork looked shell-shocked, I think they thought all they had to do was to turn up and Kildare would roll over, far from it.

That's 3- 45 Kildare have scored in their last two games, and they say there's no forwards in Kildare..

Delighted for Jason Ryan, he has shipped some disgusting abuse on here and elsewhere. Hopefully those clowns crawl back under their rock for another while.

Hold on a moment now Taibi. Very little personal abuse I've seen on here aimed at Jason Ryan, if any.

Very little unwarranted criticism of Jason Ryan here.

Now all that happened today is that Kildare played to their potential . And that is for the first time in 3/4 years. Criticism was warranted and questions rightly asked about the direction the team was heading.

We were after all relegated 2 divisions the last 2 years. And mediocre to poor in the championship up to today.

A great win. A great performance . But one game does not change the recent past. No one should crawl back under anything when they demand they best from what we have available to us.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:20 am

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Hold on a moment now Taibi. Very little personal abuse I've seen on here aimed at Jason Ryan, if any.

Very little unwarranted criticism of Jason Ryan here.

Now all that happened today is that Kildare played to their potential . And that is for the first time in 3/4 years. Criticism was warranted and questions rightly asked about the direction the team was heading.

We were after all relegated 2 divisions the last 2 years. And mediocre to poor in the championship up to today.

A great win. A great performance . But one game does not change the recent past. No one should crawl back under anything when they demand they best from what we have available to us.

No, you hold on a moment. You were on here under one of your many guises calling Ryan every name under the sun after a few bad results last year. You called him a traitor, if that's not personal, I don't know what is.

Yourself and Babawhatshisface are nothing but cowards. You came on here last year and promised the sun, moon and stars if Kildare beat Down. You then deleted your account like a petulant child when they hammered them in Newry.

As for your last line, Kildare can only beat what's in front of them. We weren't the first team to be hammered by the Dubs and certainly won't be the last. Every other game we've won we've had an easy finish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Cork
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next