Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Cork

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:39 pm

flourman wrote:
Anyone check that Freddy is OK
JOKER

Joker?

Flourman we're playing Division 3 football next year and required a poor miss by Kingston with the last kick of the game against Laois to be where we are now.

Whilst I'm elated with the result and performance ill be remaining grounded as it's one good result and performance in Ryan's 2 years as manager.

Is things finally coming together for Ryan or were Cork suffering a hangover from throwing away the first Munster final against Kerry and the replay being only last week. Who knows.
The only jokers are the ones who'll get carried away on the strength of last night's result despite after getting mauled by 19 points by dublin a few weeks back.

You may not agree with my comments but I don't need you too. Results performances and Div 3 speak for themselves.

In saying that the run in Championship this year might just afford Ryan the chance to get us out of Div 3 next year.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:59 pm

Flamingo wrote:
First off If In Doubt has just posted the best thing ever on here. It's the pictorial equivalent of that Norwegian commentator!

Then as Cilldara says this was a huge win and the first time in so long we have beaten a team above us. We rarely even beat a team in our own bracket in recent times and this was as near to a 70 minute performance as you can get.
Hurley came on and caused trouble but they had to at some stage. We bossed it in the middle and the runs were done at pace. We didn't panic and were happy to hold onto the ball and wait for openings.
In fairness for teams like Kildare you cannot underestimate the importance of our big players and this year Paul Cribbin has stood up all the time. That last point he got where Cadogan hopped off him was epic. Eoin Doyle is another who IMO would make any team in the country and he is finally getting a run without niggles. Niall Kelly showed what he can do as well.
The best thing is there was a serious supporting cast and everyone was revved up. Donellan has been great all year and slotting 45s is a huge boost.

I was one who questioned Ryan, partly due to whispers, and a lot to do with what I saw. Now if I am going by that same stance I have to say well done as that was an awesome display against a serious Cork team who were rattled into silly mistakes and ran off the park.
I won't have one jot of negativity except aimed at myself for being a negative bollox! That being said there is something very wrong with being a Kildare fan for years that even eight up with minutes on the play you can't feckin' relax. Laughing

Kildare's biggest win in 5 years and you're still harping on about the Dublin defeat - you really are a sad little man.
Why bother "supporting" a team at all if you even enjoy nights like last night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:06 pm

flourman wrote:

Kildare's biggest win in 5 years and you're still harping on about the Dublin defeat - you really are a sad little man.
Why bother "supporting" a team at all if you even enjoy nights like last night.

I'd argue it's their biggest win in 10/15 years but that's neither here nor there. I thoroughly enjoyed last night and every minute of it.

You called me out flourman and I just told you some facts.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Wrong man there Flourman! Although now I am a sad little man...it's too early for that abuse! Sad
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:09 pm

Freddy says he's staying grounded well thank fcuk for that..... Pity her not as reasonable when he's lashing Ryan,where's Tommy or was sky not available in the rainforest last night. Ye lads need to be called out now as after next game after we probably lose it'll be open season for ye.
In truth we we not as good was portrayed during the real spoofers tenure nor as bad as made out this year. Just great to feel the buzz the morning after a game long may it continue
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Shite, sorry Flemingo - I blame the porter head
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Ha no bother! Porter was well deserved...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:27 pm

smokey wrote:
Freddy says he's staying grounded well thank fcuk for that..... Pity her not as reasonable when he's lashing Ryan,where's Tommy or was sky not available in the rainforest last night. Ye lads need to be called out now as after next game after we probably lose it'll be open season for ye.
In truth we we not as good was portrayed during the real spoofers tenure nor as bad as made out this year. Just great to feel the buzz the morning after a game long may it continue

Call us out indeed. We've won 2 league games this year in Div 2 and one least year in Div one. We've won one league game at home in the last 2 seasons.

We've had the worst defense in the league both years resulting in back to back relegations.

Call us out all you wish. One result does not make or break anyone or any team.

What's really funny is the people backing Ryan never saw the result or performance coming
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:31 pm

How old are some of the people on here? It's a fans forum lads where people post OPINIONS based on what they see / hear / feel. There's no shame in anyone predicting a Cork win ( as I did along with most of the country and bookies), same as there was no shame in a few deluded people thinking we'd run Dublin close at a time we were playing shite football and players confidence looked shot to bits after a horrific league campaign and a scare against Laois.

Last night was a massive boost for all concerned - players, management, supporters. Cork had no stomach for it and mental state has a huge role with a 7 day turnaround.

So, as a supporter we can enjoy last night for what it represents : finally beating a team ranked well above us - something us Geezer supporters have to admit his team didn't manage to achieve. And putting in a 70 minute performance that's as rare for us as hens' teeth.

I for one have grown more analytical about my football and about life as I've grown older and I hold the view that one game against a dispirited opposition does not constitute a trend or come to represent a management era. A competitive performance against Kerry to follow it up and I think you can say we've turned the corner. But Freddie is right to stay grounded for an analytical point of view even if I've no doubt from reading his comments he was on cloud 9 as a supporter in Thurles.

People continue to take opinions too personally on here - I've been called a "moron" and the like, Freddie gets called a Joker when he's been magnanimous in his praise of last night's performance.

The world is not only black and white, there are many shades of grey.

Well done again to all concerned last night, including may I say the diehard supporters in the 3800 crowd who saw fit to travel and support the team. Great to hear Oh To Be.. ring out near the end for the first time in years ( wish we could come up with a proper song though, something stirring like the blue lot up road have).
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:44 pm

Is everyone not just happy for one day. That is the issue with the lads beefin' with Freddy IMO. I know we have to respect all opinions but I ask after last night and today can't we just bask for a few hours?
We are rightly getting praised and lads who took stick all year deserve a day in the sun.
The Kerry match thread is where other things should be put.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:10 pm

I'm absolutely elated.  I'm like the cat that got the cream this morning. That's our biggest championship victory in 10/15 years.

I'm a Kildare man . Why would I not be. I go to all the games, do people think I go and waste my money to see us lose and that I get some sort of satisfaction out of it?

You have the likes of Taibi Stonecold and others coming on to "call lads out" on the strength of last night's performance . Not only is it sad. It's laughable.

Back last night's performance up next weekend and up it again and then, maybe then results of the past, past failings and defensive frailties can be left in the past.

I for one am not happy with a good championship win once every 15 years and will continue to give my opinion  when I feel we should be doing better and be more competitive .
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:11 pm

Ok, so basking only on this thread. Thanks for clarifying the rules Flamingo.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Ah piss off so. Jaysus I was just saying for one poxy day could we not leave one part of one thread to be purely positive after the best win we have had in years.
I don't make the rules admin does.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:30 pm

Crofter wrote:
How old are some of the people on here? It's a fans forum lads where people post OPINIONS based on what they see / hear / feel. There's no shame in anyone predicting a Cork win ( as I did along with most of the country and bookies), same as there was no shame in a few deluded people thinking we'd run Dublin close at a time we were playing shite football and players confidence looked shot to bits after a horrific league campaign and a scare against Laois.

Last night was a massive boost for all concerned - players, management, supporters. Cork had no stomach for it and mental state has a huge role with a 7 day turnaround.

So, as a supporter we can enjoy last night for what it represents : finally beating a team ranked well above us - something us Geezer supporters have to admit his team didn't manage to achieve. And putting in a 70 minute performance that's as rare for us as hens' teeth.

I for one have grown more analytical about my football and about life as I've grown older and I hold the view that one game against a dispirited opposition does not constitute a trend or come to represent a management era. A competitive performance against Kerry to follow it up and I think you can say we've turned the corner. But Freddie is right to stay grounded for an analytical point of view even if I've no doubt from reading his comments he was on cloud 9 as a supporter in Thurles.

People continue to take opinions too personally on here - I've been called a "moron" and the like, Freddie gets called a Joker when he's been magnanimous in his praise of last night's performance.

The world is not only black and white, there are many shades of grey.

Well done again to all concerned last night, including may I say the diehard supporters in the 3800 crowd who saw fit to travel and support the team. Great to hear Oh To Be.. ring out near the end for the first time in years ( wish we could come up with a proper song though, something stirring like the blue lot up road have).
I think you've nailed just about everything I feel there Crofter. A wonderful night and the heart rises but it comes\after a dark, dark spring and early Summer. But well done one and all on and off the pitch
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:32 pm

Peace Flamingo, no need to be so aggressive.

They're just opinions
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Ah I know but I'm just saying it's very frustrating on here and we don't get many days like yesterday where (jaded or not) we beat a team above our station.
Just let's all get along and I apologise for the expletive.
I'm not here to row with anyone.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Incredible performance that few, least of all me saw coming.

Cork did play into our hands slightly in setting up so defensively but the composure we showed to play around the periphery of the blanket and wait for the opportunites to present themselves was first class.

Paul Cribben and Eoin Doyle are developing into fantastic leaders on the team which is great to see as well.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:08 pm

An absolutely superb performance. I don't care about any excuses for Cork. Our lads had a job to do and they completed it brilliantly. Paul Cribbin gave a performance up there with the best I've ever seen in a Kildare jersey and I don't say that easily. Hopefully we can now back it up
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:18 pm

Only sour note was the attendance. Despite us not going great that was a poor show from our supporters even though the ones that were there got fully behind team. I know some people have genuine reasoner not going to certain games but last night was sobering on the crowd. We would have brought 8/9k alone a few years ago. Hopefully the county start to row in again
Back to top Go down
shortgrass1928
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:05 pm

Freddy Krueger wrote:
smokey wrote:

Call us out indeed. We've won 2 league games this year in Div 2 and one least year in Div one. We've won one league game at home in the last 2 seasons.

We've had the worst defense in the league both years resulting in back to back relegations.

Call us out all you wish. One result does not make or break anyone or any team.

What's really funny is the people backing Ryan never saw the result or performance coming

No manager in the history of the GAA has ever been judged on league performances so I don't know why we start with ours. Championship is the be all and end all. As our last manager showed it doesn't even matter how we progress in the championship as long as we do progress. And on the same criteria as that we have had one of our best wins and best championships in many a long year.

Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:30 pm

Over the recent months it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to come to this site to read the same vitriol on every thread by the same few "supporters". Some of it was shameful, some nasty but all with a common theme. But hey they're "supporters" and they base their viewpoints on "facts", whatever.....

Cill Dara Abu
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:34 pm

Feck off with all the arguing lads lets just enjoy that win. I didn't rate Ryan before today but jaysus he deserves massive credit for the performances since the Dubs game, as do the players they have shown great heart. Paul Cribbin was incredible that last point was immense so was the shoulder he gave one of the Cork lads over on the sideline he just brushed him off completely. There was so many good performances though another bit of play that was great was Eoin Doyle putting in an unreal tackle against Paul Kerrigan. Niall Kelly was brilliant too and scored some great points off both feet, Smithy was always out infront of his man and won everything he has done that well all year to be fair to him. Donnellan's kickouts were fantastic too they were Cluxtonesque them kickouts and our legs in the middle won that game for us we over ran them completely and destroyed them for 60 or so minutes. Last point great to see "Oh to oh to be oh to be a lilly" shouted out there was no way they were going to keep us off that pitch last night. Fecking delighted lads.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:46 pm

Stonecold wrote:
Over the recent months it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to come to this site to read the same vitriol on every thread by the same few "supporters". Some of it was shameful, some nasty but all with a common theme. But hey they're "supporters" and they base their viewpoints on "facts", whatever.....

Cill Dara Abu

Whatever indeed. Really don't see the point of this post other than jumping on a bandwagon. You don't name any of these posters of so-called vitriol nor do you give any facts or opinion of your own. You're just hiding behind sound bites and a tough guy picture rather than making a real contribution. At least provide some analysis on what has been happening on the pitch as some of those posting "vitriol" have.

So everything was fine through the last 2 years and today was always coming was it? Must be great to be blessed with such vision or to care so little about Kildare football a bad word mustn't be spoken.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:53 pm

onthewayup wrote:
Mark sherry getting his start Saturday lads

Thanks for the inside information by the way
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Crofter wrote:
Stonecold wrote:

Cill Dara Abu

Whatever indeed. Really don't see the point of this post other than jumping on a bandwagon. You don't name any of these posters of so-called vitriol nor do you give any facts or opinion of your own. You're just hiding behind sound bites and a tough guy picture rather than making a real contribution. At least provide some analysis on what has been happening on the pitch as some of those posting "vitriol" have.

So everything was fine through the last 2 years and today was always coming was it? Must be great to be blessed with such vision or to care so little about Kildare football a bad word mustn't be spoken.

I apologise for this post Stonecold - should have just ignored it. Maybe I just need to launch another site where mature, balanced opinions are welcomed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Cork
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next