Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Kerry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:50 am

Couldn't resist .....Cork are now water under the bridge over the river Lee Smile
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:35 am

Will this be on tomorrow week or tomorrow fortnight?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:55 am

Tomorrow week in Croke Park.

Double header with Dublin v Fermanagh. I'd imagine the minors will play Cavan at 12.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:16 am

Kerry Minors could be 12?
Back to top Go down
ballyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:23 am

Ah isn't it great, the usual suspects couldn't possibly suck the life out of today's performance on this thread, though they are having a good go at it elsewhere. Am so looking forward to this game, one of the best night's I ever had was after beating them in 98. If they repeat what they did today I'll have another great night me thinks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:13 am

ballyboy wrote:
Ah isn't it great, the usual suspects couldn't possibly suck the life out of today's performance on this thread, though they are having a good go at it elsewhere. Am so looking forward to this game, one of the best night's I ever had was after beating them in 98.  If they repeat what they did today I'll have another great night me thinks  

Why even mention that on here. Yet People say the lads who speak out aginst Ryan have a chip on their shoulders.

On Kerry game . I think we'll be competitive . They have some top class forwards and a top class bench to call upon that will see them over the line.

It's a bonus to be this far after our year.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:47 pm

is Bolton out for the next match. Maybe im reading it incorrectly but he got 2 black so is suspended from next game? - I hope not
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:13 pm

bob12 wrote:
is Bolton out for the next match. Maybe im reading it incorrectly but he got 2 black so is suspended from next game? - I hope not
I don't think he's out Bob. He got a yellow and a black last night which means a red. You can't get 2 black cards in the one match.

If you get 3 black cards during the season, then you get a 1 match ban. He got a black against Monaghan in the championship last year but I can't remember him getting any blacks this year.
http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/2/0411132204-frequently-asked-questions-rule-changes/

I'd say there's a chance Leper and Mick O'Grady will be injured for next week so the strength of our panel will be tested.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:14 pm

I don't think so Bob. He got a yellow card and a black card as far as i could see.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:17 pm

looked like a black card from where I was. Did he get yellow or black v offaly ?
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Yellow first after 30 seconds and then the black so it means red. He is ok as far as I'm aware. Jaysus I was v worried when that yellow came so early but he held the nerve brilliantly after that.

I'm much happier playing Kerry even though they are class. I just think right now there is a mental thing v the Dubs whereas we will get more stuck into Kerry. Plus we will have ALL the Cork football fans behind us...

I'm sure they will target certain lads but feck it we are very much in bonus territory. I think the pressure is off and now it's a game to take on it's own merit.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:28 pm

ok so more relief. On the pitch last night( were not meant too ) but id say O'Grady is out ankle looked bad, leper out shoulder injury by the looks of it.

Just to applaud the Kildare fans last night I know there was 4000 at the game but when the old chants came back my 12 year old was ecstatic. he couldn't believe we had a chant. Nearly brought a tear to the eye seeing him over the moon singing it. so next week we need to get the formula one flag brigade back and be proud of the team and management . Cork fans very gracious last night .
Back to top Go down
e.s.b.
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Injuries will be a blow as it really stretches our panel, at least we have some cover for the 15 with P Kelly & F Conway to come in at the back, and Fogarty for Callaghan, but shortens our options off the bench, Its now that the absence of Hyland & Mulhall will be felt. If we play with the same pace and control as yesterday we will cause loads of problems for Kerry, Dealing with the Kerry threat is another matter, but it is possible, we have a chance
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Mick looked in a lot of pain, Leper dislocated shoulder and would have stayed on if they could have put it back in on the pitch. It's all about the extent of ligament damage with him.

Both were playing well but the advantage of having a near full-strength panel at last was shown with Peter Kelly and Podge Fogarty the men to come in. Kelly was heavily involved in the goal within seconds of coming on. But obviously, if you've two out, it reduces your overall depth again (stating the obvious award of the year.)

Agree that Kerry is better than Dublin. They just don't go bald-headed to burn teams alive either, happy enough to do enough. I'd say Fermanagh are gutted though!
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: Mick I just saw the replay on telly there, they said he might have rolled it. Hopefully it goes well.
Ollie to pick up JOD and then not sure how we would handle Donaghy.
We should be more mobile in the middle anyway but Cribbin will be in for some 'cuteness'...
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:56 pm

Just a pity it's not Monaghan. Anyway last time we beat cork in c/ship was 1928. Maybe just maybe Shocked if we did get over kerry I'd fancy us to beat Monaghan. Jasus I need to stop dreaming
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:13 pm

Kerry 1/7. Kildare 6/1. Draw 14/1.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:16 pm

Great game to look forward to!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:44 am

Wouldnt suprise me if tyrone were to beat monaghan.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:19 am

Flamingo wrote:
Re: Mick I just saw the replay on telly there, they said he might have rolled it. Hopefully it goes well.
We should be more mobile in the middle anyway but Cribbin will be in for some 'cuteness'...

This will be critical, I can't think of what we will do there. Unless we drop someone like Doyle back on him and start F. Conway centre back. It would be a shame to move Doyle from centre back though after he's done so well.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:30 am

bag of white wrote:
Flamingo wrote:

This will be critical, I can't think of what we will do there. Unless we drop someone like Doyle back on him and start F. Conway centre back. It would be a shame to move Doyle from centre back though after he's done so well.

Think it will be Peter Kelly. We don't have anyone to match his height when you go through our defenders but Kelly well capable of making life hard for him. Surely have to leave Eoin Doyle where he is
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:31 am

Daryl Flynn FULL BACK need physical player on Donaghy
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:49 am

Oh lads please don't drop Doyle back! Remember when Flano was put back to manage Big Joe Sheridan...
He wouldn't cope in the air and would rob if us of all his strong points. Let Kelly at him and crowd like fook when he hits the ground.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:18 am

I think Peter Kelly is the man for Donaghy. It'll be interesting to see the match ups.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:57 am

Surely the Dubs v Fermanagh will be the curtain raiser next Sunday?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Kerry
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next