Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Kerry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:03 am

H here ya can't have the boys on the Hill rushing their pints of Bud inanyways! They will be at 4.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:24 am

Taibi wrote:
Surely the Dubs v Fermanagh will be the curtain raiser next Sunday?
Sincerely hope not
Minors @ 12
Seniors @ 2
Out the gate before the Dubs come in at 4
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:22 am

Hopefully with 2 wins..
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:11 am

+1 Seamus

nah Dubs will be @4...they'll have to get the sunday dinner as well as the Buds before they head for Croker........hon the Lillies..
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:02 am

Kildare v Kerry is a much bigger match than the Dubs v Fermanagh.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:22 am

flourman wrote:
Taibi wrote:
Surely the Dubs v Fermanagh will be the curtain raiser next Sunday?
Sincerely hope not
Minors @ 12
Seniors @ 2
Out the gate before the Dubs come in at 4

You're optimistic!!!! The Dubs normally only arrive at 4-10pm. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Isn't it great to be playing Kerry in Croke Park in August!!!... Never saw this coming this year. I fully expected us to be done and dusted in June.

Fair play to Jason Ryan and all the players for turning the season around. Great stuff lads.

With momentum and confidence I think we can give Kerry a right good rattle.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:32 pm

So what do we need to do next Sunday lads.
Like Cork supporters (although the majority were gracious after the game) Kerry supporters are treating us with disdain. a minor obstacle to over come, looking ahead to the semi before the Quarter final is played. Fitzmaurice up in Cavan at the weekend, wrote Kildare off before a ball was kicked.
The players need to remember that kind of dismissive approach from the Kerry management.

All the bull after the game about Cork and the six days even though it was seven was nauseating.
I thought we just blitzed them, never let the foot off the throat all game and even when it was won still went out to ram it home. We have been on the end of a few of those trimmings over the last few years so it was nice to see what it was like on the other side of the fence and it was a very nice view.

Now Kerry, All Ireland champions, Munster Champions and raging hot favorites. They are obviously good so how do we go about it
Watching their games with Cork, especially the first game, direct running caused them all sorts of problems. Cork scored 3-12, which shows they can be got at. They have a very good midfield but I don't think they have the pace of Cribben and we should try and get Paul running off Moran as much as possible.

They key will be how we look after O'Donaghue. Ollie is the man for the job. If he can curtail him that is a significant issue solved. Cooper looks a shadow of his former self. He is still quick thinking though and if he comes on we need to be alert. But physically as some of our own have found out once the cruciate goes you are never the same

Donaghy will start I would have thought as we have no imposing full back. He won't run away from out lads so it will be high balls in. Jason needs to decide whether to crowd him or ask Fitzpatrick to contest. Personally I would have one go up and have one waiting if possible.

For us I was worried when Cork started to run at us at the start of the second half. A couple of times like horror shows of the past we parted like the red sea. that can't happen on Sunday, it is imperative we defend the middle and the man running of the shoulder.

Kerry will put a lot more pressure on us than Cork did, can we be as composed, I hope we can, we need to be.

The big aspect of Saturday is the lads now know the level they must play to and improve upon . No point playing that well and then dropping back. there is no excuse now for them. The level has been set. Match it or improve upon it on Sunday and we will give them a bloody nose.

One other thing, we need to be strong with the ref. No arguing but point out what Kerry are up to. Kerry have a habit of being in the officials ear as much as possible especially Donaghy. Our Captain needs to step up here. I would be no harm for Ryan to mention that during the week.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Rex wrote:

The big aspect of Saturday is the lads now know the level they must play to and improve upon . No point playing that well and then dropping back. there is no excuse now for them. The level has been set. Match it or improve upon it on Sunday and we will give them a bloody nose.

Great line that. Thats the starting point for Ryan's gameplan right there.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Rex wrote:

One other thing, we need to be strong with the ref. No arguing but point out what Kerry are up to. Kerry have a habit of being in the officials ear as much as possible especially Donaghy. Our Captain needs to step up here. I would be no harm for Ryan to mention that during the week.

Good post Rex. What you say above is critical, in my opinion we have to get somebody to compete with Donaghy and try to break the ball away from him. If he gets the ball into his hands and we crowd him he will whinge to the ref all game and he will probably get a few soft frees in scoreable positions.

I think you need to have somebody going up to break the ball off him and have Murnaghan sweeping directly in front of him so he can't regather or one of the other Kerry forwards can't get on the break.

I'm not sure who that player is though that has the height to compete with him in the air and the mobility to track him.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:50 pm

Great post Rex, jaysus im buzzing for this now hope we see a lot travel, the crowed was disappointing saturday night numbers wise, the atmosphere was great though!!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:29 pm

The big worry is the quality of forwards Kerry have. If we can stop them scoring goals we can be competitive but hard to see that over 70 mins.
Whats the story on the injury front? Kerry's bench is a lot stronger than ours already without us losing any more players.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:35 pm

The only negative I would take from the Cork game was that on more then one occasion they got through the middle of our defence relatively easy.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:00 pm

Just play that Joe Brolly analysis in the changing room for the next week, what an insult to them as a team. Kerry are an aging extremely talented team if we play like we played last Saturday we will give them something to think about. Kildare midfield, support play, commitment, work rate, harrying was a joy to watch they have nothing to fear.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:12 pm

I remember 1991 an old team full of legends (Kerry) getting turned over by a good young fast Down team. The following year Clare beat them in the Munster final
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:15 pm

here's the video some great players on that Kerry team Namely Spillane brothers , Ambrose O'Donovan and Jack O'Shea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLGWdmWg8uw
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:25 pm

Also im recruiting fans. I know the crowd was poor at Thurles. I was there with my son and a pal. so since then my club has opened a book for tickets and I now have turned 3 supporters going to 14. Its a bank holiday Sunday so lets drum up all the support we can get . Like the Aldi add tell your friends and then tell then to tell their friends . We might get 5-6k Kildare supporters there on Sunday. Even bring back the formula one flags:)
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:30 am

Peter Kelly for O'Grady and Padraig Fogarty for Leper will be the likely changes to the team. Those injuries leave us light enough on the bench.

Kerry are a lot steelier than Cork and their midfield and forward line is a lot more potent. They have looked vulnerable to pace at the back which gives us some hope. Kelly and Smith could have some joy if we can win enough ball at midfield.

Donaghy may not even start so you would hope Kildare are planning for that. O'Donoghue and Geaney destroyed us in the league last year. Murnaghan is doing a good job as a sweeper but he can only do so much if there's ball constantly going in. We will simply have to cut off the supply lines at source to have any chance.

Kerry will have studied our kickouts which Cork didn't look ready for at all. Donnellan and the outfield players have worked wonders in this department so far this summer.

Isn't it great to be mulling over a big match at this time of year?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:44 am

If Donaghy does start, and Id say He will, we do lack height in Defence.. Donellan role could be vital under the high Balls that no doubt Gooch and Co will supply.. Midfield will again be vital, and lets hope we can shade it here, against a very strong Kerry duo.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:02 am

Joe brolly wrote kildare off as usual a team trying totally to play football he said fermanagh were hard to beat my God what a clown if westmeath had Heslin they would have game over at 1/2 time
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:10 am

O'Grady not ruled out at this stage Kickingking, injury not as bad as first feared . Hopefully not anyway as you said we need as many options as possible
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:14 am

That's good news.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:58 am

Kildare v Kerry confirmed for 2pm.