Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Kerry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:32 am

fone wrote:
Coldrick is ref

ffs - what is it with us getting Meath refs ?

Would have loved Marty Duffy again - he was the business on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:32 am

KFM's Twitter page:

Kildare train tomorrow evening and on Thursday. Mick O'Grady had an x-ray yesterday and has no fracture and are hopeful that he will be OK for Sunday. Eamon Callaghan is getting a scan today on his injured shoulder.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:53 am

Emmet on the lads going to the US (Newstalk)

"The easy thing to do is to jump ship - the hard thing to do is to go back training".

"They're young lads ... you can't really begrudge them.  It was disappointing, it was the easy option to take"

Last edited by Crofter on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:01 am

v Dublin :

"we were set up wrong"

"our intensity and physicality was poor"

v Cork :

"they got it back to 5-4 so the intensity was there, they were moving it well. Probably changing the game.. Alan O'Connor went off and James Loughrey black card"

How good is this team, how optimistic? :

"Over the course of the league, struggling...for physicality.. having these lads coming back.. used to winning under-21 .. winning big games.. the young lads play without fear.,. bringing freshness to training.. mix of youth and experience. We've a great chance going into the Kerry game. Obviously we're massive underdogs"..

Improvements in the forwards:
"Niall Kelly adds a lot..focal point on the edge of the 'D'. To have him we're a different animal. Jason has the lads moving well in training. Big thing is to get our efficiency right. Out of the 11 chances we missed against Dublin, 75% of them were around the 'D'. Worked on that."

Eamon Callaghan ; "far as I know he'll be ok".  

Mick O'Grady :  "just rolled it"
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:00 am

The half back line were brilliant v Cork best they have been in years
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:11 am

We need another performance similar to Saturday if we are to do this but there is no reason why can't. I think they'll throw the kitchen sink at us in first 20 minutes to really test us, if we can see out that period relatively unscathed it's game on.
Midfield area will be massive again to try and limit their supply.As good as Kerry are in that area for the first time in a few years (Earley & Flynn), we seem to have a proper midfield pairing that wouldn't have you overly worried as a Kildare supporter.
Bookies have us underdogs and rightly so but this is not an insurmountable task.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:28 pm

God I would love us to beat Kerry this weekend. We have been given no credit at all for our victory over Cork. If Kerry had have scored some of the points we did at the weekend Brolly et al would have been raving about it. Some of our foot passing into the inside forwards was excellent.
I would however be worried about how easily Cork ran through us down the middle and cut us open. Also from the stand you could see that Colm O' Neill actually was not been covered by a sweeper sometimes but the Cork players just didn't look up and give it in. I thought Murnaghan switched off a few times in his role as a sweeper but this wasn't exploited by Cork. He can't do this against Kerry.
Donaghy could do serious damage also to us. P Kelly is the only man for him and has to start. Lyons on O' Donoghue should be some battle.
I think Kerry are over rated and if we keep Donaghy quite and bring the same intensity as the Cork match we have the defenders to keep the other Kerry forwards under wraps. I think we will beat them by a couple of points.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:54 pm

As I said yesterday my biggest concern is that we were opened up on a number of occasions down the middle by Cork. Kerry will be looking to make a few ' big hits' early on but hopefully we will be ready for that and give as good as we get.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:40 am

This might be harsh and we never used him properly when he played for us but does anyone think the team works better without Tomas O'Connor as a starter or an option off the bench.

It seems when anything would go wrong we'd always look to bring him on and then players felt obliged to hit long high ball to him. It also put the existing full forward under negative pressure as it always seemed he was there to put in a shift and then the big man option Tomas would come in and try to salvage us.

Just think it works better without him being there at all.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:12 am

Harsh perhaps but I always advocated for
Fogarty ahead of Tomas. Proper all round footballer. Tomas couldn't solo, kick pass or score a point - no other serious county would entertain him being in their full forward line. Sorry I know that is harsh but it's nothing I haven't said before. To be more positive : he gave his all and was a great man to win possession, play in someone running off his shoulder and snaffle the odd goal. But I never thought that was enough for senior championship and as you say it dictated a certain style of play. When Fogarty comes on he just slots in as he did on Sat night when his three points kept the scoreboard ticking over nicely.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:27 am

Kerry are very worried about Kildare pace. Word has it . They will want to slow it down and play it at there terms . If we let this happen we gone . When we run at teams we are hard to handle . If we don't ship any goals early and play with pace we a great chance
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Caprea wrote:
This might be harsh and we never used him properly when he played for us but does anyone think the team works better without Tomas O'Connor as a starter or an option off the bench.

It seems when anything would go wrong we'd always look to bring him on and then players felt obliged to hit long high ball to him. It also put the existing full forward under negative pressure as it always seemed he was there to put in a shift and then the big man option Tomas would come in and try to salvage us.

Just think it works better without him being there at all.

Agree 100 per cent and said it at the time. I hate the "never used him properly" line. He scored 1-4 in five years playing championship. It just didn't work.

Mind you whatever it was about him he couldn't buy a free even when he was being blatantly fouled. Whole hearted player as well, best of luck to him.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:37 pm

Would be interesting to find out how many scores he set up in those 5 years. He came on as a late sub in 11 against Dublin and set up most of the scores which got us level. Whatever about using him properly he definitely was "never supported properly". He was also the "lazy option" all to often when the ball was just lumped in on top of him regardless of how outnumbered he was. Kildare players now have to recylcle the ball when the easy option is not on.
We definitely play a different syle when Fogarty is there but as that eejit Brolly kept saying we were allowed to play around until the inside pass was on. If we are put under pressure farther out and have to kick it in earlier it will be interesting how much dirty ball Fogarty and Smith can win. We might be in a better position to judge Tomas then. All the best to him for the future, whatever he lacked in talent he made up for in committment and workrate.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:24 pm

http://www.the42.ie/kerry-kildare-eamonn-fitzmaurice-2242986-Jul2015/

Eamonn Fitzmaurice wrote:
There's no need for me to talk Kildare up, but I will anyway!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:37 am

Very quiet folks
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:06 am

Brendan Kealy,
Marc O'Se, Aidan O'Mahony, Shane Enright,
Jonathan Lyne, Killian Young, Paul Murphy,
Anthony Maher, David Moran,
Stephen O'Brien, Bryan Sheehan, Donnchadh Walsh,
Paul Geaney, Kieran Donaghy, James O'Donoghue

Kerry's team
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:09 am

Kerry Team

1. Brendan Kealy

2. Marc O Sé
3. Aidan O Mahony
4. Shane Enright

5. Jonathon Lyne
6. Killian Young
7. Paul Murphy

8. Anthony Maher
9. David Moran

10. Steven O Brien
11. Bryan Sheehan
12. Donnachadh Walsh

13. Paul Geaney
14. Kieran Donaghy
15. James O Donoghue

Kerry normally don't go in for naming dummy team's so I would imagine they will line out as above.

It's a strong team but not blessed with pace so the tempo will play at, particularly around the middle 8 will be extremely important
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:11 am

Obviously they're worried about our midfield - playing Sheehan, Moran and Maher.
Doyler will have Sheehan on toast
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:27 am

It's a strong looking team, especially their midfield and full forward line which are exceptional. Probably the best in the country in those positions but there are some weaknesses in their half forward line and defence.

We'll have to combat the aerial threat posed by their full forward line, Geaney and Donaghy are outstanding under the high ball and can take their own scores or lay it off to JOD.

Their half forward line doesn't impress me that much (I hope this doesn't come back to bite me) Walsh is a grafter but I don't rate him on the ball, I think he coughs up the ball too easily. Sheehan isn't as mobile as he once was. Granted I don't know much about O'brien but I think we could have a  slight edge here.

Their bench is unreal though.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:28 am

Sheehan was never the most mobile but he still got through a mountain of ball in the replay against Cork. Any cheap frees within almost 60 yards of the goal are going to cost us a point with him around though. Our tackling against Cork was fairly disciplined and it's going to have to be again.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:30 am

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:24 pm

Kildare team will be named later this morning. A nice change..
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:21 pm

No changes for our lads
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:28 pm

I wonder have Mick O'Grady and Leper actually recovered from their injuries? Does anyone know if they trained this week?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:47 pm

you'd have better chance of seeing the Lough Ness monster
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Kerry
View previous topic View next topic Back to top