Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Welcome home Feely

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:14 pm

Great to have Kevin back but don't forget Daniel Flynn is back as well. In soccer parlance that would be like two new top top signings..
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:31 am

"Did someone mention top top signings"
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:46 am

if_in_doubt wrote:
Back to DCU on the scholarship programme there I’d imagine. If he wants to keep playing football he’d get back in with a LOI club no problem. Shams and Pat’s are the only two around Dublin who could offer him any sort of wage anyways so both of them will probably be in for him.

Sure when he left Charlton somebody was on here saying that Dublin clubs were interested in him, Ballymun Kickhams were meant to be sniffing around. Anything is better than playing under Terry Butcher anyways I’d say.

If he wants to give up football and focus on GAA then great.

Yeah Rovers or St Pats could offer Kevin a decent wage, not sure if college would fit in with their training schedules though...if he wants to continue playing football and go to college,UCDAFC would probably be his best bet.......

but kk's link seems fairly definitive.....

so lets give the guy some space......good luck Kevin whichever road you take......
Back to top Go down
Son of Sarsfields
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:58 am

Having read Terry Butcher's comments. It is clear that soccer is not on his agenda as it was stated that Kevin is concentrating on his studies and GAA. Newport have retained his registration as a soccer player so it would appear that at this stage it will be GAA only
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:37 am

He's back! Some trademark high fielding, great run to set up the goal and even got on the scoreboard himself. Still a long way to go but very encouraging to see him back in Conleths. Couple games in O'Byrne Cup and Div 3 and who knows where it might lead us.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:48 pm

The new Kildare manager may not be appointed yet, but already he has received a boost with the news that Athy’s Kevin Feely is ready to commit to the cause for 2016.

Feely was tipped for a bright future in the Lilywhites’ jersey having come through the minor and under-21 ranks, but he choose to try his hand at professional soccer in the English league.

Feely was part of the Newport County side competing in League Two this season and had made three appearances for Terry Butcher’s side earlier in the campaign.

However, he has decided to return home and resume his studies at DCU, while helping Athy to another county title was also a major draw home.

“Finishing the degree and getting back playing Gaelic football were the main reasons behind coming back,” Feely told the Kildare Nationalist.

Feely was adamant in his answer when asked would he be interested in playing for his county again. “I’d love to get involved.”

Would be great to see him get a bit of game time in the O'Byrne Cup and then possibly the league too, could easily take a couple of years for him to start to fulfill his potential but if he's playing well for Athy and willing to commit then it's a good start to build on.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:15 pm

Good News for once.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Feely was excellent for Athy last weekend and would be a huge addition to Kildare in any position from 8 to 12.

I can only see him getting better and being more influential as the year progresses and he gets more Gaelic Football under his belt.
Back to top Go down
teedee
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:43 am

a player of his quality wont take too long to get back in the zone. hes a natural gaa athlete with all the skills in his locker. high fielding, free taking, long range scores from open play and a side step that leaves opponents for dead. welcome back kevin.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:42 am

He is the best I have seen. He is as good a player as Nuxer if not better!! and I do not say that lightly!
GREAT NEWS!!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:27 am

lilywhites on tour wrote:
He is the best I have seen. He is as good a player as Nuxer if not better!! and I do not say that lightly!
GREAT NEWS!!

You're calling a lad who hasn't played a minute of senior inter-county football as good if not better than Niall Buckley?

Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:09 am

Well in fairness from what I have seen of him at underage, he certainly has the ability of the likes of nuxer, don't you think! And yes I am fully aware great underage players do not always make it at senior, in general its those who might not make it at underage that turn out to be real leaders, great players - JD one man for that example. I am merely suggesting that he could be the next nuxer if he fulfills the potential that he had shown at underage! That is not putting Nuxer down in any way. I unfortunately can only remember him in his last year or two for KE, (obviously I have watched him in videos of the 97 meath games, 98 championship etc), but from what I have seen, I believe he was the greatest player we ever had, and I am saying that Feely could be as great as him, - again no way am I putting down the great man, if anything I am reinforcing how good he was!!!
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:34 am

Steady on now..
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:21 pm

I think what lilywhites on tour is trying to say is that Feely has the potential to be very good - let's just leave it at that. Everybody on here is excited he's back and willing to commit.
Let's just hope his undoubted potential is realised -
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:47 pm

I have seen all Kildare footballers over the last 45 years or so and I have seen Feely on more then one occasion at senior club level ( championship ).

He most definitely has the potential to be an excellent senior inter county footballer and I would rate him easily in the top five players I have seen at club level in Kildare over the last 10 years.

I must add I have nothing to do with Athy G.F.C.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Some getting very excited.. let's see the lad at senior intercounty first before we start hailing the new Messiah.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:19 pm

Can't wait buzzing with the news
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:33 pm

It took until this year for Paul Cribbin to really make his mark at senior intercounty level.

Tommy Moolick has been with the senior panel since 2010 yet it wasn't until last year that he really started to shine. Likewise Hurley was around for a few years before regularly getting a game. Fogarty and Dowling have been around the senior set up for a couple of years too and haven't nailed down a spot.

Some people said the 2013 under 21 team was the best in the country, laden with some of the best young players in the country, yet two years down the line only a couple of them have stood out consistently at senior level. Eoin Doyle is older than the lot of them and had been in and out of the team over the last while.

Now fair enough there's other mitigating circumstances involved - injuries etc, but players are going to develop at different rates. Trying to break into a team which is lacking leadership on the pitch and sideline, and is under new management probably isn't the best situation to be in when you're starting your intercounty career.

All we can do is hope for the best, if he turns out anything like Nuxer then great.

But realistically it has been over 3 years since the lad played under 21 football for the county. Countless players have stood out at club level and not made any impact beyond that. Let's at least give him the chance to settle back in with Athy before we start building him up.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:44 am

How he fares against Paul Cribben the next day will be informative to say the least!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:57 am

He didn't play midfield against Naas or Allenwood, be interesting to see if he is placed there v JTB, would be a great battle himself v Cribben. Doubt we will see it though, would imagine Hyland will pick up Paul, unless Hylo goes back to mark Cotsy.
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:43 pm

Have seen JTB's last two games and while Cribben stands out as top class, Cotsy was largely anon in the two games. Wouldnt imagine Athy would alter their tactics for him!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome home Feely   

Back to top Go down

Welcome home Feely
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2