Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

R E S P E C T !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: R E S P E C T !!   Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:46 am

I know it's mostly lads on here but I can't for the life of me understand why the two ladies codes seem to feck over their own members sooo much.

On a county level the Camogs lost an All Ireland Final and then had to play their championship off over the next two weeks...then moving on from that the Kildare champions will have to play off the entire provincial championship over the next ten days...

At national level the two organisations, from what I see, don't even seem to want to work with each other. That seeps down through the ranks and now you have the Kildare Ladies Captain missing a club camogie final with her club the night before.
Now fair enough dual players at county level these days is almost impossible but at club level should be do-able and especially considering the great year both codes in Kildare have had.

I know we can't do much re national but jaysus surely within our borders there could be a bit of co-operation.

Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: R E S P E C T !!   Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:55 am

Considering they actually reduced the number of games in the football championship this year it does seem pretty ridiculous. Surely there should have been some sort of back up plan for rescheduling on the basis of possible All Ireland final appearances?

You would have thought that with the girls reaching finals in both codes it would have provided a great opportunity for the boards to put on a bit of a showcase in Hawkfield - double headers on a Saturday or Sunday coming towards the end of the championship. That might have made a bit too much sense though...
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: R E S P E C T !!   Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:46 pm

It was scandalous what they did with the football championship, and tying it in with the reduction of the league to one round last year, players can be training all year for four or five games. Why the intermediate was reduced to two groups of three after it had finally grown to a decent size is beyond me... well it's not, I know why, it's the same reason the U16 was moved to the summer, when the kids are usually off on holidays... the county teams!! That doesn't develop the game.

There have always been issues between the codes - it's unfortunate. They would clearly be better served working in tandem but ego and self-interest is a terrible thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R E S P E C T !!   

Back to top Go down

R E S P E C T !!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: