Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

2015 JFC Final

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: 2015 JFC Final   Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:46 am

Cappagh vs Castlemitchell

Surprise team Cappagh take on favourites Castlemitchell on Sunday. I predict a Mitchells win by 4 points but Cappagh have every chance of winning it. Should be a good final.
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:27 am

JFC Final: Castlemitchell 1-11 0-7 Cappagh
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:40 am

Well done to Castlemitchell sure they are still celebrating and hope they have a good run in Leinster
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:03 am

Yeah hope they go well in Leinster but the junior grade this year was weaker than other years imo. Maybe I am wrong as I have not seen many of the games myself.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:11 am

Forgot to say I was happy they won it after being close in recent years
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:33 am

Yeah your right. The standard of this years junior championship was very poor. I thought the final itself was of a very poor standard. I think any good junior team in Leinster will easily beat Castlemitchell i'm afraid. Be interesting to see how they fair in next years intermediate championship.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:02 am

I'd agree with above two posts, very poor standard this year. The demise of Robertstown and Kilcullen is startling, Milltown faded badly after a good start in the league while Ballykelly look like they're going to be the next Athgarvan.

Tadgh Fennin was MOTM in the final which says it all. What age is he, 37 or 38? Great to see him winning it all the same.
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:41 am

Didn't Ballykelly finish 2nd in Division 3 only two years ago? Whats going on there? I also find it baffling how Kilcullen are Junior.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:11 pm

Taibi wrote:
I'd agree with above two posts, very poor standard this year. The demise of Robertstown and Kilcullen is startling, Milltown faded badly after a good start in the league while Ballykelly look like they're going to be the next Athgarvan.

Tadgh Fennin was MOTM in the final which says it all. What age is he, 37 or 38? Great to see him winning it all the same.

jasus taibi that's very harsh.firstly dont see what age has got to do with and secondly tadhg is one of the best forwards to come out of kildare.

i would argue that the overall standard of football in kildare has dropped.castlemitchell finished top of division 3 ahead of ballyteague who would be considered a middle of the road intermediate team.

nurney should know better than anyone how hard it can be for a small club to get out of division 3 with injuries and whatnot.

think we deserve a little more credit than you and other posters are giving us.topped div 3 and junior champions in same year for a club and catchment area like castlemitchell is a fantastic achievement.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:29 pm

I guess we'll see in the Leinster, they play Milltown of Westmeath who won their final yesterday. after that if they win they have the Kilkenny inter champions so they don't have a bad run.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:24 am

Caprea wrote:
I guess we'll see in the Leinster, they play Milltown of Westmeath who won their final yesterday. after that if they win they have the Kilkenny inter champions so they don't have a bad run.

guess we'll see what caprea?

westmeath won leinster at this grade last year and are for the most part in intermediate and senior strong club footballing counties.
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:07 am

Jesus lads, the Mitchells are picking from a few families in the Woodstock area of Athy and the Churchtown castlemitchell surrounds. There are bigger housing estates in every town in the county. To compete and win a county championship is a massive achievement and should be recognised as that. I for one hope they do well in leinster and beyond.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:45 am

Xavi wrote:
Caprea wrote:

guess we'll see what caprea?

westmeath won leinster at this grade last year and are for the most part in intermediate and senior strong club footballing counties.

No need to be so defensive Xavi. We'll see how they cope versus the best Junior teams in the province is all I meant. I wouldn't expect them to win leinster but Westmeath Junior will not be a high standard. Moate All whites won Leinster last year but Milltown will be no where near that standard and should be very beatable.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:18 am

In my opinion it was a weak championship this year.

In order to improve the standard I would over a couple of years move 4 teams from senior down to intermediate and likewise move four teams down to junior. So we would have 12 senior and intermediate clubs and 13 or so junior clubs.
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:14 am

@Iomand I think thats a very good idea. This years junior champ was awful. I thought the final itself would have been good with Castlemitchell knocking on the door for a few years and Cappagh putting up some big scores in this years championship but it was a huge letdown. Any chance of Kildangan competing in next years Junior championship? Would be great to see.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:21 am

Getting senior and intermediate clubs to agree to this change is the hurdle we would face getting this through at a CB level. A club's status is very important in attracting players etc....

Saying that there is only a certain number of teams in both championships who a have a chance of winning it
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:21 am

lomond wrote:

In order to improve the standard I would over a couple of years move 4 teams from senior down to intermediate and likewise move four teams down to junior. So we would have 12 senior and intermediate clubs and 13 or so junior clubs.

God bless your maths.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:07 am

junior grade for a reason.standard will not be that high.ive seen some piss poor games at all levels in kildare. 2 senior semi finals were over at half time.

lomond do u think if you moved galway armagh and derry into leinster that carlow and wicklow and others would improve would they just move further down the food chain and further into non existence. cappagh a few years ago were cannon fodder. they played in a junior final last week. dont think adding 3/4 teams from inter would help the likes of ballykelly or rathcoffey whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:23 pm

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
lomond wrote:

God bless your maths.

Fair Point Cilldara....slight miscalculation Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:18 pm

lomond wrote:
Cilldara_2000 wrote:
lomond wrote:

God bless your maths.

Fair Point Cilldara....slight miscalculation Embarassed

I think the current championship format is excellent but it needs 16 teams to work properly.  There must be some better way of running off the Junior championship all the same then in its current format.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:00 am

Yeah maybe we have all been a bit harsh on the junior this year. It is good to see clubs like Castlemitchel and Cappagh get to finals as it will only improve them as both are putting in a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
Cill Dara Ab├║
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:03 pm

TheHulkHoganCowardFund wrote:
@Iomand I think thats a very good idea. This years junior champ was awful. I thought the final itself would have been good with Castlemitchell knocking on the door for a few years and Cappagh putting up some big scores in this years championship but it was a huge letdown. Any chance of Kildangan competing in next years Junior championship? Would be great to see.

That's the plan, anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/kildaregaafans
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2015 JFC Final   

Back to top Go down

2015 JFC Final
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1