Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:56 am

Is the convention next week or the week after?
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:23 am

December 5th I think
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:02 am

I agree with his ideas on the Supporters club. Its far too expensive. The price targets the same set of supporters year in year out. If the price was 30 or so for the year like so many other counties' supporters clubs, it would attract a whole new section of supporters. For example, there are hundreds of new young families who have come to kildare over the last few decades and these people have no interaction with the Kildare team or any county side. Their children are kildare children whether they like it or not, but yet we have done nothing to entice them in. There are so many young people particularly in the north up around us in Leixlip maynooth, celbridge and these people who have children in kildare local clubs, have no input to the county scene, and an important step to entice them would to lower prices for supporters clubs to get them involved. Its a long shot but I can guarantee a change would get more kildare people on board and at least kildare football would not seem as far away from these new families as it is now.

My family and others who are old kildare families have always been involved - its tradition like any other kildare families but a change in attitude from the top would help to get these new kildare families and people involved too. Clubs could help out in this too, promoting the game and county more rather than leaving the links between the county scene and the new families weak as I feel that's the case now!
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:56 am

kelf wrote:
I read the interview..............

See he wants 1,000 members in Club Kildare  & All Ireland tickets for them,  Sounds great

The BUT,,,,,,,,,,,, Kildare probably get  less than 1,000 tickets so the Clubs will get none under his plan.........

So the lads with a few bob to throw in will get the Big Day tickets & the lads and ladies who work all year in the clubs can stay at home,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This is a bit of a nonsense really. Every club in the country gets 4 tickets for each AI final. It's not within the remit of the county board to decide otherwise.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:10 am

Every CB gets sufficient tickets for 4 per club but if the proposal that all members of Club Kildare can get tickets that can only come from CB which reduces numbers available for clubs so is reality,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:00 am

Dermot reilly lads will win hands down .He was with our club last night very impressed by the man what Kildare have been crying out to for years he do what John Costello did for Dublin when he got in a blueprint way forward. I talked to another club today and they given him there vote .He a big hitter and got some big hitters in the background. Word has it he win by a landslide. Very passionate about Kildare said he played and watched Kildare for 40 years and dose not want to go to his grave and say he did not try and change things and win Sam . All I can say the man means every word of it . Hope he makes it
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:46 pm

white boy wrote:
Dermot  reilly  lads will win hands down .He was with our club last night  very impressed by the man what Kildare have been crying out to for years he do what John Costello did for Dublin when he got in  a blueprint way forward. I talked to another club today and they given him there vote .He a big hitter and got some big hitters in the background. Word has it he win by a landslide. Very passionate about Kildare said he played and watched Kildare for 40 years and dose not want to go to his grave and  say he  did not try and change things and win Sam . All I can say the man means every word of it . Hope he makes it

I see Morgan is back from his water duties with the Irish Aussie rules Team.......... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 pm

white boy wrote:
Dermot  reilly  lads will win hands down .He was with our club last night  very impressed by the man what Kildare have been crying out to for years he do what John Costello did for Dublin when he got in  a blueprint way forward. I talked to another club today and they given him there vote .He a big hitter and got some big hitters in the background. Word has it he win by a landslide. Very passionate about Kildare said he played and watched Kildare for 40 years and dose not want to go to his grave and  say he  did not try and change things and win Sam . All I can say the man means every word of it . Hope he makes it

At first I thought he had very little chance. Not because he wasn't suited to the job but because it'd be hard to break into the county board without being involved with them before. Having said that over the last few weeks it seems he's gaining momentum. I was very very impressed with him when he came to talk to our club. I know of two clubs who voted very much in favour of him.

I know in my own club, over the last five or six years nobody from the county board has ever come to speak to us or look for our votes which is disappointing.

I too hope he makes it.
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:30 am

I hear Mick Gorman has sent a letter to all the clubs which implies Pat Mangan & Dermot Reilly is to blame for all Kildare GAA problems over the last number of years. Has anyone one had a chance to see it??
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:13 am

Latest rumour going around is that Reilly is solely to blame for the whole Seanie Johnston affair!! What next? Think this type of stuff will actually work in his favour though. Maybe people are panicking now when it looks like he could actually get in.
Back to top Go down
LilyMaguire
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:44 pm

""In 2012 a situation had developed where conflict and a lack of respect for the Management Committee of the County Board existed with Club Kildare. Club Kildare was Chaired at the time by Pat Mangan with Dermot Reilly in the role of Vice Chairman. It was clear that this sub committee was not working with the County Board ,  as evidenced by the naming and shaming of Clubs regarding tickets sales, which occurred at a County Board Meeting. In addition there existed a lack of accountability to the Management Committee and the County Board regarding how Club Kildare was operated.  The County had reached a low point on several fronts. The County's finances had deteriorated to the extent that a Croke Park bail out was necessary. On top of this Kildare's reputation as a proud GAA County took a serious knock when Seanie Johnson made his debut in the Kildare Senior Hurling Championship.
The Croke Park bail out required the formation of a Financial Supervisory Committee and also stipulated that all funds raised by Club Kildare would in future be channelled through the County Board. This change resolved many of the difficulties and conflicts that had existed with Club Kildare.  A change of leadership occurred at Club Kildare and a much better working relationship has since developed with the County
Board".

Very serious allegations to be making!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:07 pm

They should've put tickets on sale for this convention. They'd make a killing.

Sounds like it's going  to be fun.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:07 pm

I have read that letter that came to our club from Mick Gorman and to be honest it sums up the way the county board does its business. ....amateur. I don't know Mick Gorman from Adam but I'm actually embarrassed for the man.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:10 pm

Lily8 and that is not the Reilly/Callaghan/Mangan camp ???????
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:37 pm

Taibi wrote:
They should've put tickets on sale for this convention. They'd make a killing.

Sounds like it's going  to be fun.

They'll be queuing early to get in, definitely a fund raiser in there somewhere.

In all seriousness, that is poor in the extreme to send out a snide letter like that. Personally that kind of nonsense just shows how many of our decisions are poor and reactionary.
Let's be honest, if Reilly wanted to write that kind of negative outlook in a letter it would be as long as your arm with the rubbish that has occurred over the last number of years. Glasshouses and stones come to mind.

That way of business always works against you, bad move I would have thought. It will be interesting to hear the response from the challengers on KFM over the weekend.

All you need now is a and Eastenders type DUN DUN DUN...
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:45 am

heard pat dunny sought meeting with reilly as well
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:08 am

Anyone able to explain to me how Seanie Johnson playing for Kildare has anything to do with the leadership of Club Kildare?
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:10 am

Well Club Kildare were very supportive of McGeeney so I suppose McGeeney wanted SJ free to play so Club Kildare's idea may have been the hurling!
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:19 am

umpireonditch wrote:
Well Club Kildare were very supportive of McGeeney so I suppose McGeeney wanted SJ free to play so Club Kildare's idea may have been the hurling!

You could say they are using a supporters club support of the team management to make insuitations. Club Kildare were there to support the team with money. The county board would have had more bearing on stopping the Seanie Johnson transfer anyway then Club Kildare ever would have had I'd have thought since they are far longer established and more powerful.

Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:34 am

It looks like it's going to be tight, unless Kelf knows something we don't.  However, despite talks of selling tickets to gain admission to Convention, there will still be clubs who won't turn up or won't send their full cohort to vote.  That shows you the big battle for Ger Donnelly or Dermot Reilly.  Some clubs have no interest in the County.

Fone, why would Pat Dunny want to meet Reilly? I'm sure Dunny feels like Ger & Mick that he is in position & with no challenge to his seat, he is in position for next year. Considering Dunny wasn't overly fond of the previous Club Kildare committee I couldn't see it happening.

SJ was transferring to St Kevin's & could potentially line-out with Coill Dubh in hurling, I would say it had more to do with those clubs & Kildare Co Board than Club Kildare...

Mick Gorman's letter could do more damage than good. Was he vocal when these things were happening? What is the point of raising them now?

If anything having an election is good for Kildare, as it might focus minds!!!
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:56 am

Mick Gorman uses the phrase in his letter ''there's strength in unity'' but this is the same man that went against the management committee in the vote to reinstated Kieran Mcgeeney. No much sign of unity there Mick.

I believe Pat Dunny was the leading official who was mentioned in this week's leader that stated ''St Conleths is a dive and it will always be a dive and there nothing we can do about that.'' Very progressive thinking.....
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:06 am

"Strength in unity" not alone Mick Gorman but three others on the front bench voted against the democratic decision of their own executive. They know nothing about loyalty, their only loyalty is to themselves.

Dunny has more power and say than any of them at the top table, yet he hardly ever attends Co Board meetings, how does he keep getting elected. He is so negative about everything.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:40 am

Mr Dunney gets appointed to the position of Bord Na Nog Chairman by the sitting County Chairman at the time. He doesn't have to be elected. That is the procedure for all none Executive/Management positions at county board level. These changes were brought in a few years ago by Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:25 am

Well I guess if Reilly gets in that will be the end of Dunny!
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:35 am

Sure dunny used to charge lads he'd drop to county training in his county playing days!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   

Back to top Go down

Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next