Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:50 am

To my knowledge it hasn't happened before. It certainly wasn't the case last year as I went to the convention because our delegate couldn't go on the night and the chairman asked me to go with him.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:52 am

It was in the published secretary's report that went out last week that each club sends 3 representatives to the convention and one of these must be the club delegate who cannot be replaced. I thought it was strange and puts pressure on the delegate to attend if they are ill or something.
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:35 am

ohluckyme wrote:
Oh my God this site gets better.lollypop say 50 years since our last U21 so we should get rid of the chairman !!!! And we should also go back over the last 50 years and do what with all those "failed chairmen" ????

If people are not happy with the top table then put your FUCKING name forward as a candidate, rally your support, get on to the top table and then you will do......Yes....nothing.
Come on lads be sensible.
Shop lost a shit load of cash, well close it down and sell the gear on line, would that work ??
Never blamed the present chairman for kildare not winning an all Ireland but in a county with such potential 50 years is way to long . Absolutely think that the carbury man would be a better chairman that's all . Ive no interest in putting my name forward for a county board position but I work in my club and will do a stint at the top table in the future . If u think the present board are doing a good job that's ok with me , if that shop was run properly it wouldn't have lost so much money . Less of the fucks if you don't mind .
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:56 am

Tommy Callaghan ‏@TommyCallaghan1 3 mins3 minutes ago
Convention up and running
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:01 am

I heard there was a row at the mass.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:37 am

Just following happenings down in Athy and from accounts on twitter the financial numbers are getting a grilling.

Passed now.
Back to top Go down
ballyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:58 am

Not having your club delegate there would be a disadvantage to the sitting chairman, after all they would be the guys he would know best, who is actually insisting on the by-law's being adhered too.
some people are assuming its the chairman, I think it would suit the challenger best

We always send 3 delegates to convention one of which is always our county board delegate, we nominate 2 county board delegates every year so there is always one of them available. Every club is supposed to have two. I would have assumed every club nominates two
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:25 am

Tommy Callaghan ‏@TommyCallaghan1 3 mins3 minutes ago
Convention: 183 have signed in and eligible to vote. First past the post
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:42 am

Convention: result of vote for Chairman

Ger Donnelly 101

Dermot Reilly 82

It's settled now. Dermot Reilly Had a good bit of support but ultimately not enough.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:58 am

Very disappointing result I genuinely felt it was a great opportunity to do get professional approach and run it like a business but that's democracy for you. The clubs know best. If nothing I suppose it will force changes. I hope.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:08 am

Convention: result of vice chairman vote

Mick Gorman 116

Morgan O Callaghan 66
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:08 am

Convention: result of vice chairman vote

Mick Gorman 116

Morgan O Callaghan 66
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:09 am

The Chairman won the war, now he has to win the peace. Good to have a contest for positions and the Reilly camp obviously have qualities that for the good of Kildare GAA should be utilised to the full. Hopefully this close result doesn't lead to in fighting and sniping and everyone gets on with the tasks at hand
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:29 am

Fair play to Reilly he really put in a great performance, it's a pity I felt a majority would grasp the opportunity of someone who had proved himself at top level on the field and in Business to lead us to change the fortunes of Kildare GAA.....

It was always going to be difficult to win against a lot of people who had so much to loose and were prepared do fight dirty to hold their seats on the musical chairs.

Disappointing enough clubs couldn't see the bigger picture..

Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:38 am

sam10 wrote:
Fair play to Reilly he really put in a great performance, it's a pity I felt a majority would grasp the opportunity of someone who had proved himself at top level on the field and in Business to lead us to change the fortunes of Kildare GAA.....

It was always going to be difficult to win against a lot of people who had so much to loose and were prepared do fight dirty to hold their seats on the musical chairs.

Disappointing enough clubs couldn't see the bigger picture..

+1

Also disappointed by the result. After all the hard work Dermot Reilly did campaigning, his work with Club Kildare and his strong business background if he can't get in then it seems impossible anyone new will ever do it.

Hopefully the county board will take his ideas on board going forward.
Back to top Go down
jobluts
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:13 am

Hard luck mangan well done county board.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:21 am

A great night for Mayo gaa too jobless.
Back to top Go down
LilyMaguire
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:41 am

Well done to the County Board, they found a way to defeat a very professional opponent. Only time will tell if the Clubs were right to support a regime that has led Kildare in to the embarrassing position of having to be bailed out by Croke Park and nosediving from Div1 to Div3.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:26 am

Good contest. Well done to Ger Donnolly. Doing a good job.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:38 am

Ok so the vote mightn't be to everyone's delight but it is what it is and it was almost a 55/45 split. The majority have decided that what's there is the best for the county. Only time will tell but appointing Cian O'Neill and Joe McQuaid is positive to start the year off for both codes. This time next year we can judge how Donnelly and Co. Do and what is achieve both on and off the field.
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:13 am

yeah agree BFB....it is what it is......so lets move on...the deal is done ,forget personalities and club rivalry...onward we go.....
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:34 am

Don't agree, Dermot Reilly would have been the change that we need to get us back on track. There's a divide now and it will only fester no matter what people think.
We have just spurned a great chance to change things around for the better but it's gone now, hopefully we won't regret this decision but I think we will.....
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:08 pm

Borderline wrote:
Don't agree, Dermot Reilly would have been the change that we need to get us back on track. There's a divide now and it will only fester no matter what people think.
We have just spurned a great chance to change things around for the better but it's gone now, hopefully we won't regret this decision but I think we will.....

As I said it's a majority vote. You don't agree with it and as the vote shows it was 55/45 so you are in the 45 camp and until this time next year we have the outgoing Officers re-elected. We need to move forward now. The finances according to what we've seen are back on track. This can only be a positive. Let's judge the elections from tonight in a years time. Let's get on now for the better of Kildare GAA....
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:21 pm

A lot of stroking of old knobs in Athy tonight. We all look at what happens on the field but... This is huge. Pathetic. All your stats over what was won and what not over generations, well here's ultimately why. Why hope for change when you can remove a rib and go way down... Just sick. But sure some who cares about the bigger picture when your little club can get some benefit like a 20 scratch card. We can all be humiliated in first round of Leinster at all levels but look... As I always said as I drift away from trying and caring, what a complete and utter bunch of losers. Who cares about 2016 when we can live in the past.  Utter self absorbed morons. Now for the ramifications. Enjoy. Deserved. No more posts. Wish you knew all my efforts.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:00 pm

I think we could write a book on the fuck ups in this county. It's because of the way of both clubs and CB are so small minded that we are never successful. Look at us down the year's and look at the some of the fuck ups we have made. We let Tompkins and Fathy off to Cork and in the words of Pat Dunny '' they won't be missed'' a couple years later Tompkins was throwing the Sam Maguire above his head and Fathy was man of the match in the same All Ireland final. Then we got rid of Mick and Mcgeeney and the supporters club is non existent. Now we've throw away a glorious opertunity of a very successful business man coming in to run our county board on a full time basis and we say ah he should have to serve his time. Collect on the gate for a few years . Then maybe assistant PRO for a year or two. That let him do the fixtures for a couple more years and then maybe and just maybe he's ready......aaaahhhhhhhhh.
What do they say the definition of insanity is.....when you continue to do the same things and expect different results. And I think the elephant in the room is why are some people so desperate to remain in the CB? Like when asked how come when croke park came in the intake from gates improve we're told that ah it was a better ticketing system. Ah sure thats grand so. Nothing more about it. Anyway if that's what the clubs are happy with so be it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   

Back to top Go down

Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next