Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:12 am

OK but surely that levy would have to show up on the accounts.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:16 am

jim wrote:
OK but surely that levy would have to show up on the accounts.

Yeah, as income...income is good...no need to ask questions...i don't know but would you automatically think questions would be asked.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:28 am

But surely there would be a shop account. In the same was say a club would have a a bar account or a gym account.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:39 am

While I would have liked to see Reilly win to shake things up, I don't have a huge problem with Ger Donnelly staying on. He hasn't held the position that long but there has been progress in some areas. Reilly brought up the treatment of senior players but he might have been better off raising the issue of how much money the parents of the minor players had to pitch in to keep the show on the road this summer because the team had a small budget. To have that and then report a €200k plus surplus at year end didn't sit well with a couple of parents I know.

I'd have a bigger problem with Mick Gorman's position. I just don't believe he contributes anything positive and is just hanging around waiting for Donnelly to resign/retire. Relic of a bygone era.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:52 am

Caprea wrote:
Has anyone heard a rumour about a person high up in the present administration wh awarded a contract to sell sweet and drinks in the container in conleths and the little stand in Hawkfield? This is at a very friendly levy and happens to be awarded to a family member of the person on the county board.

Also heard this.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:56 am

jim wrote:
But surely there would be a shop account. In the same was say a club would have a a bar account or a gym account.

I dont know but would be interested to have a look at the accounts, is that possible?
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:02 am

Did kerry group buy out bradys ham
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:44 am

Caprea wrote:
jim wrote:

I dont know but would be interested to have a look at the accounts, is that possible?

Easy, just talk to delegate from ur club who attended & was handed a copy or were they posted in advance to club sec who might assist.... would not be sure there is a separate account for "shop" in HW & St C's. Is there a figure for "rent" which concession holder possibly pays ? Should be a separate account for the shop in the shopping centre.....
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:33 pm

There is no accounts for the shop in Conleths. It is run privately as far as I know. When Croke Park came in nobody wanted to do shop so they agreed a low rent figure. No objections then. Don't know why people are skirting around the issue. We all know the rumours of who is running the shop. No objections at the time. Nobody wanted to take the chance. Someone took it on. Now that it is doing well we are all giving out. I say tough on us.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:55 pm

[quote="Botch"]There is no accounts for the shop in Conleths.  It is run privately as far as I know.  When Croke Park came in nobody wanted to do shop so they agreed a low rent figure.  No objections then.  Don't know why people are skirting around the issue.  We all know the rumours of who is running the shop.  No objections at the time.  Nobody wanted to take the chance.  Someone took it on.  Now that it is doing well we are all giving out.  I say tough on us.

This is exactly the problem in what is going on at County Board Level. They did not see that a shop would make money with 5 to 6 thousand people passing it on a big match day.

"No objections at the time.  Nobody wanted to take the chance."
Holy God Enough said JIm....... Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:19 pm

Botch wrote:
There is no accounts for the shop in Conleths.  It is run privately as far as I know.  When Croke Park came in nobody wanted to do shop so they agreed a low rent figure.  No objections then.  Don't know why people are skirting around the issue.  We all know the rumours of who is running the shop.  No objections at the time.  Nobody wanted to take the chance.  Someone took it on.  Now that it is doing well we are all giving out.  I say tough on us.

A few strange points here...we all know who is running the shop? Do we? I'd say a straw poll of posters would reveal that very few on here know who is running the shops and how they came to run it & what they paid for it?. If you don't want to skirt around the issue then feel free to reveal these details.

If the KCB wanted to make the most money out of it should it not have tendered the contract to local businesses? Do you know if they did and no one took it up?

The optics of a senior KCB member awarding a contract at a seemingly cheap price to an immediate family member is not good.

All ive heard is rumours and I'd like to know the facts because I could be doing someone a disservice and it would not be fair.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:27 pm

So let me get this straight and please please someone correct me if I'm wrong. A member of the management of the county board has let the shop in St Conleths and Hawkfield to a family member for low rent because nobody wanted it.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:41 pm

I was told Croke Park set the rental fee so it was not set by Kildare. Not sure if it was put out to tender but was told people were aware. How many I do not know. As I say it is only what I have been told second hand. Was at convention and the issue was not mentioned once although it was mentioned during the campaign for Chairman.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:57 pm

This has Prime Time Investigates written all over it.

Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:52 am

lads I would not loose any sleep over how many Kildare jerseys were sold in the last few years
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:03 am

Different shop moatesport.  We all know that shop is loosing money but there keeping an eye on that. It's the shop in St Conleths and Hawkfield  that is been let by either the county board or croke park to a family member for the management team for very little rent that nobody wanted to run it in the first place. Now how we know nobody wanted it is beyond me as from what I'm hearing and I'm not 100% sure can correct me if I'm wrong please but it was never put out to tender...... in a county that owes 1.5 million.  I'm sorry but that doesn't add up to me. It's just another example of how we do our business.  It's like the extra 70k we took in gate recipients. The reason we are told was croke park came down and with all there knowledge and wisdom of 130 plus years they came up with a better ticketing system.  So in other words people were getting in for nothing or ......figure the rest out yourself. I know there's  people reading this saying this Jim lad is some bollox.  I bet he never sold a ticket in his life. But that's beside the point.  And with all the great work done by the coaches and with development squads. The leadership of the CB is poor. Thats only my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:13 am

I would never call a person who voices an opinion names everyone is entitled to theirs and I agree about people working for nothing in clubs etc but maybe if the venture was to make money down the road it could be properly tendered out for perhaps a decent rent but with all the shops like elverys lifestyle sports colgans etc selling jerseys its a tough business
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:17 am

Don't worry Jim.  All here for GAA chat and opinions.  I was just surprised it was not mentioned at the AGM as it was made known during the run for chairman campaign.  Maybe people were afraid in case there was a threat of legal action over allegations?  I am not sure if this is true or not but have been told it is.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:30 am

moatesports wrote:
I would never call a person who voices an opinion names everyone is entitled to theirs and I agree about people working for nothing in clubs etc but maybe if the venture was to make money down the road it could be properly tendered out for perhaps a decent rent but with all the shops like elverys lifestyle sports colgans etc selling jerseys its a tough business

Again to repeat that is not the shop....to spell out the shop in question is selling fanta, coke, chocolate etc not merchandise.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:01 am

I think a lot of fuss over nothing, how many people want to run a sweet shop in St.Conleth's or Hawkfield anyway, I applaud the people that run it and the time spent organising it, stocking it, serving, being there etc, probably for small financial reward.

As mentioned they probably did when nobody else wanted to do it and I don't even know who they are nor do I care much.

Typical Kildare GAA/ Irish response to someone attempting to do something, big fuss over nothing.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:11 am

If it was put out to tender and no one wanted it then fair play to the individual who took it on. But there should be no confusion over whether it was put to tender or not and the CB should answer that one without any problem. I would be far more worried about the shop losing money in Whitewater, if they cant show a profit in a prime location like that they should give it up.
Anyway well done to the chairman on retaining power, hopefully the strong challenge and the close vote will make him up his game for the good of us all. No reason Reilly cant hang around and try again next year.
Back to top Go down
northernlily
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:16 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
I think a lot of fuss over nothing, how many people want to run a sweet shop in St.Conleth's or Hawkfield anyway, I applaud the people that run it and the time spent organising it, stocking it, serving, being there etc, probably for small financial reward.

As mentioned they probably did when nobody else wanted to do it and I don't even know who they are nor do I care much.

Typical Kildare GAA/ Irish response to someone attempting to do something, big fuss over nothing.

Actually no its not, Irish people don't question these things enough. Hence the reason why the country is corrupt to the core and full of 'cute hoors'. That post makes sound like your man on prime time last light, probably thinking anyone who questions is only a begrudger.

This was a huge opportunity to get a proper plan in motion financially and with a proper development plan. Dermot Reilly is a man who has proven he has great business acumen and is very saavy in his dealings. That is the change Kildare GAA needed. But hey, lets continue settling for mediocrity. Its so frustrating as the potential is there to be harvested yet many are content with the way things are.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:34 am

northernlily wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:

Actually no its not, Irish people don't question these things enough. Hence the reason why the country is corrupt to the core and full of 'cute hoors'.  That post makes sound like your man on prime time last light, probably thinking anyone who questions is only a begrudger.

This was a huge opportunity to get a proper plan in motion financially and with a proper development plan. Dermot Reilly is a man who has proven he has great business acumen and is very saavy in his dealings. That is the change Kildare GAA needed. But hey, lets continue settling for mediocrity. Its so frustrating as the potential is there to be harvested yet many are content with the way things are.

I refer to the shops in St.Conleths and Hawkfield only.   The bottom line is that the vote was done, open and transparently, and people need to accept this. I don't know either men so I have no preference. Just because Mr. O'Reilly comes from a business background surely doesn't mean he automatically is the saviour. Their campaign failed so they didn't plan their strategy correctly.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:42 am

Reading the report in the Kildare Post it seems the everyone was very magnanimous at the end and there was a hope that Reilly would stay around and contribute in some way. Even Pat Dunney expressed that wish! It would certainly be better all round if there wasn't a divide in the county for the future.
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Gaa1928
"The bottom line is that the vote was done, open and transparently, and people need to accept this. I don't know either men so I have no preference. Just because Mr. O'Reilly comes from a business background surely doesn't mean he automatically is the saviour. Their campaign failed so they didn't plan their strategy correctly."

I hear Donnelly let himself down badly with his refusal to allow Reilly have his representative in the room for the count, why would not allow it ? unless he was covering up something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   

Back to top Go down

Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next