Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:59 pm

he did have a rep in the room, it was announced at the meeting that he would...
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:22 pm

Nothing would surprises me to be honest. I hear the treasurer announced that only one club hadn't paid the levy from the draw. I know two clubs that have sold a single ticket. Why was it announced only one. Was it wavered? As I say nothing would surprise me.
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:13 am

Yes Reilly did have his rep. in the room after a public row with Donnelly at the beginning of mass. As I said what was Donnelly trying to hide ????
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:59 am

Another attempt to stir what does not exist................... Rules are simple................ The meeting appoints tellers and they count the vote.................. Nothing to prevent supporters of either side present from nominating one of their own as a teller.................. I don't believe any candidate has the right to have a "representative" other than a teller present,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Why would they unless they are accusing another of cheating ??????????
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:33 am

Kelf, it does exist and it did happen! This was serious business. Reilly & Donnelly had an altercation before the Mass. It had been agreed that while there would be tellers, there would also be a supervisor from each camp. However, the Donnelly camp wanted a second supervisor & then Athy claimed they had a right to six votes as they were a football & hurling club, despite the fact they didn't field an adult hurling team this year - this was the same rule that the County Board used to block Athgarvan from voting. Under rule, Athgarvan weren't entitled to vote, but it's funny how they were allowed vote last year, when they hadn't fielded an adult team either...

The situation with the shop in the Whitewater is just bizarre... No rent to be paid & yet it loses 24k last year. But then again Kildare don't do promotion. It's also in one of the worst places for footfall in the town of Newbridge. But to lose 24k...

Regarding the shop in St Conleth's... Was it put to tender? What is the rent agreement? Was there no agreement that if it made a certain profit that Kildare GAA would be entitled to e.g. 10%. Did anyone ask the question as to why merchandise is no longer sold in that shop? Wouldn't it be ideal on match day?

The biggest appointment in the summer, will be that of the new Operations Manager, when Kathleen O'Neill finishes her contract. Whoever gets that will be, I believe, the most powerful person in Kildare GAA - so the choice of candidate will have to be carefully considered. Judging by the vote Reilly received, half of the clubs in Kildare are not happy with the current administration... It will either be the biggest wake-up call they get or the beginning of the end...
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:38 am

Well "kelf" seeing that you know so much can you explain why, when Reilly did nominate a teller/representative he was refused by Donnelly.
Back to top Go down
ohluckyme
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:23 am

GaaHead wrote:
Kelf, it does exist and it did happen! This was serious business. Reilly & Donnelly had an altercation before the Mass. It had been agreed that while there would be tellers, there would also be a supervisor from each camp. However, the Donnelly camp wanted a second supervisor & then Athy claimed they had a right to six votes as they were a football & hurling club, despite the fact they didn't field an adult hurling team this year - this was the same rule that the County Board used to block Athgarvan from voting. Under rule, Athgarvan weren't entitled to vote, but it's funny how they were allowed vote last year, when they hadn't fielded an adult team either...

The situation with the shop in the Whitewater is just bizarre... No rent to be paid & yet it loses 24k last year. But then again Kildare don't do promotion. It's also in one of the worst places for footfall in the town of Newbridge. But to lose 24k...

Regarding the shop in St Conleth's... Was it put to tender? What is the rent agreement? Was there no agreement that if it made a certain profit that Kildare GAA would be entitled to e.g. 10%. Did anyone ask the question as to why merchandise is no longer sold in that shop? Wouldn't it be ideal on match day?

The biggest appointment in the summer, will be that of the new Operations Manager, when Kathleen O'Neill finishes her contract.  Whoever gets that will be, I believe, the most powerful person in Kildare GAA - so the choice of candidate will have to be carefully considered.  Judging by the vote Reilly received, half of the clubs in Kildare are not happy with the current administration... It will either be the biggest wake-up call they get or the beginning of the end...

Hey GaaHead, Were you at the Convention ?? because it seems like you "know" so much that you should be running the CB, The Donnely camp did not want 2 tellers because they are not entitled to 2. The jostling was done by Reilly who knew he was short on the vote so he wanted to throw Donnelly off before the meeting, Reilly kicked up fuck because he wanted Aidan Crinnigan in on the vote and the CB agreed to this absolutely no problem. I thought Reilly/Callaghan were running as a team !! funny how Reilly got 82 votes and Callaghan got 66, Reilly was on a solo campaign, he told my club that to "at least give him the vote" if they were not interested in voting for Callaghan.

I am not going to talk about him anymore because he bullshitted his way around the county and i for one am delighted he lost the contest, Reilly brought this election to a new low with his pesonal insults about almost every CB member and in some cases their families.

We all know about the running of the shop in Conleth's and Hawkfield and who SHE is that is running it, i would make a suggestion, if you write to Kathleen O'Neill Sec CB, about the shop or any other matter, she has to bring that letter to management, you state in it that you want this matter discussed at CB meeting, you also state that you are interested in tendering for the contract. If this is not adhered to you simply take it to your CB delegate and get them to raise it at the next meeting.

I notice nobody is asking who is the full time employee in the shop in Whitewater ?? or who is she connected to ?? Not connected to Ger Donnelly (fact)
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:14 am

Just a couple of points ohluckyme. 1. We're the votes brought into a different room to be counted and if so why? 2. Morgan O Callaghan was asked in our club if Dermot Reilly didn't get in would he withdraw his name which he said absolutely not. So while they canvassed as a team it was made very clear to our club that they were running for different positions and would be taking these positions if elected. 3. As for Reilly bull shiting his way around the county I disagree with you.  He told a few home truths that about the way the CB board run the affairs of this county and it definitely leaves a lot to be desired. The bull shit that we had to listen to was that we brought in a load of money but we didn't,we cut the bollox out of funding which lead to the senior footballers staying in a hostel in Waterford or eating there dinner after a championship game off paper plates in a Mullingar dressing and finally I don't know who runs the shop in the whitewater but I do know it lost 24k to a county that is 1.5 million in debt.  It may not be a relation of Ger Donnolly but he's the man in charge.  But he was elected democratically by the clubs so I guess the clubs are happy with how things are being run.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:54 am

sam10 wrote:
Well "kelf" seeing that you know so much can you explain why, when Reilly did nominate a teller/representative he was refused by Donnelly.

So to be clear, was Dermot one of the 3 Carbury delegates? If he was he was entitled to nominate a teller. If he was not he did not have the option of nominating................ I note that another poster states Aidan Crinnigan was a teller. Who nominated him ? ,,,,,,,,, I assume he was supporting his own clubman.....................

As I said earlier, asking for "representatives" to oversee the tellers would be a massive reflection and presumption of dishonesty on the tellers.................. I don't know who the tellers were and the only name mentioned was Aidan C who I would hold in high regard as an upright, honest, decent person..
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:00 am

[quote="jim"]Just a couple of points ohluckyme. 1. We're the votes brought into a different room to be counted and if so why? quote]

The meeting usually continues while votes are counted so tellers need a space and a bit of quiet to do their job. Its usual to do the counting at a table with a bit of space which is seldom available in the meeting room so the corridor, hallway outside or another empty space is usually used...............

Now I have not attended a Convention since 1998 having first attended around 1979 and things may have changed but I would expect the tellers to do their job in relative private and unless who are questioning their honesty I don't see a difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:17 am

Now the 'tellers' honesty is been questioned, and we wonder why people are reluctant to get involved at any level.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:36 am

I'm not questioning the tellers honesty I just asked the question and Keld answered it for me. However if I was the teller I certainly wouldn't want to be putting myself in a position where someone would questions my honesty and I don't think I would need huge peace and quiet to count to 183. But I'm not questioning anyone honestly just in case GAA 1928 your post was directed at me but maybe it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:02 am

Lets not get bogged down here, I cant understand why Donnelly had such a problem with an observer from both sides observing the count, as happens in all elections, and it was Donnelly who caused the flair up just before mass by telling Reilly "no Carbury man will be in the room"
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:42 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
Now the 'tellers' honesty is been questioned, and we wonder why people are reluctant to get involved at any level.

This.

Just like the slating of the website with nobody offering their services. You'd think at least one of the keyboard warriors would be IT savvy and want to help out.

And the hullabaloo about the teashop is ridiculous too. Yeah, the finances would be all sorted if we only sold a few more kitkats with the whole 5c margin going to the county board. I can see that there'd be loads of volunteers to man the shop too. After all everyone wants to be making the tea instead of watching the match.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:28 am

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:

This.

Just like the slating of the website with nobody offering their services. You'd think at least one of the keyboard warriors would be IT savvy and want to help out.

And the hullabaloo about the teashop is ridiculous too. Yeah, the finances would be all sorted if we only sold a few more kitkats with the whole 5c margin going to the county board. I can see that there'd be loads of volunteers to man the shop too. After all everyone wants to be making the tea instead of watching the match.

How do you know they haven't offered (re the website)? I know of one who has in fact and the offer was not even acknowledged so they are going ahead and developing their own "unofficial" Kildare GAA website as a labor of love. Besides I don't see the relevance of that. A County Board and PRO are elected to promote the games in the county. I have seen no county that does a worse job of promoting than ours with the exception of Kilkenny football. As a very small example have a look on the Indo on a Monday and see how often Kildare's results are missing. Then compare it with the rest of the country.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:54 am

Your right Cilldara sure once someone volunteers that's the main thing. It doesn't matter if they do a bad job sure that's ok. We should get our team to meet the morning of the match and sure see how it goes because that's the mentality that seems to suit us best in kildare.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:50 am

I see the Leinster Council are still pressing ahead with this mad idea:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/leinster-council-pressing-ahead-with-m50-stadium-plan-370927.html

Interesting reading given the context of what was revealed last week about the ongoing discussions regarding St Conleth's Park. You have to wonder how committed the Leinster Council would be to providing funds to any upgrade while this white elephant is still a runner.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:54 am

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:

This.

For what it's worth I know of at least 2 people who offered their IT services to the county board for free over the last 12 months and they didn't even get a response.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:23 pm

An innovative way to raise money.

Meanwhile, RTE's Damien O'Reilly was just one of a host of Cavan personalities 'arrested' at the Boar's Head pub on Dublin's Capel Street recently and facing the prospect of a night in jail as part of an ambitious €200,000 fundraiser for Cavan GAA! O'Reilly was taking part in the Cavan County Board's 'Jailbreak', which will see nearly 60 people detained in Crumlin Road Jail next March. Each of the detainees has to raise €3,000 and are looking for support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention   

Back to top Go down

Chairman Faces Challenge at Convention
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12