Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Colleges Football

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Colleges Football   Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:14 am

Some achievement – first Kildare team in nearly 100 years to do it. Young Kirwan from last year's minors leading the charge. There is trojan work being done at underage in Kildare, but as I keep saying, we have to keep pushing until it starts to pay dividends at senior.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Colleges Football   Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Fantastic achievement by Naas, hopefully they can win it, it's no coincidence that those Kildare players who played with St. Mary's Edenderry are pushing on at Inter-County Senior level. In this regard I think the PBS most be one of the biggest underachieving schools in Leinster. Nearly 1000 boy school, no excuse not to be reaching last 4 every year. If was I involved in Kildare GAA I would be pumping resources into Maynooth Post Primary, Saelesians Celbridge, Coaliste Ciaran Leixlip, Naas CBS, Newbridge PBS, Ardscoile na Trionoide Athy, Scoile Mhuire Clane, Kildare Town Community School. 8 football coaches and 4 S&C coaches working with and developing teachers as coaches. Seemingly all you need is a plan and the GAA will fund it, or maybe that's just Dublin and if the GAA develop the plan themselves.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Colleges Football   Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 pm

Dinny Breen wrote:
If was I involved in Kildare GAA I would be pumping resources into Maynooth Post Primary, Saelesians Celbridge, Coaliste Ciaran Leixlip, Naas CBS, Newbridge PBS, Ardscoile na Trionoide Athy, Scoile Mhuire Clane, Kildare Town Community School. 8 football coaches and 4 S&C coaches working with and developing teachers as coaches. Seemingly all you need is a plan and the GAA will fund it, or maybe that's just Dublin and if the GAA develop the plan themselves.
Makes sense, targetting the schools is the way to go. Hopefully Kildare GAA have or are in the process of submitting such a plan to the Leinster Council or Croke Park. No point in giving out about Dublin's funding if they have produced a credible plan and we haven't...
Good point as well the players who played for St Mary's Edenderry pushing on at county level.
Best of luck to Naas in the final.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Colleges Football   Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:07 am

What clubs are represented on the cbs team?
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Colleges Football   Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:56 am

lomond wrote:
What  clubs are represented on the cbs team?
naas Ballymore twomilehouse and Raheens
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Colleges Football   Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:14 am

Congrats to Naas CBS who won the Leinster title today beating Marist College 9-7 in the final.

First time a team from Kildare has won the competition since 1923!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Colleges Football   Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Well done Naas.

It would be great for Kildare football if they kick on and win the Hogan Cup although Pobalscoil Chorca Dhuibhne will be strong favourites now. Westport up next in the semi-final.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colleges Football   

Back to top Go down

Colleges Football
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2