Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kildare v Limerick

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:24 am

http://www.kildarenow.com/sport/disappointed-oneill-warns-there-has-to-be-consequences-for-players-poor-performance-against-limerick/78544

Refreshing to hear that the players were having a lengthy post mortem among themselves. They are setting high standards for themselves and they know they didn't come anywhere near to meeting them today. I would expect a reaction next Sunday.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:25 am

I'm not sure if people think we are going nowhere crofter but you would be concern with the displays up to now. It doesn't matter what people think as we have no influence on the team or management but is nice to be able to give your opinion on what you think.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:39 am

Well, after the absolute tripe we had to listen to from J Ryan for the past two years, it is at least refreshing to hear the manager give an honest assessment after the match.

Regardless of the win, it's good that he said the level of performance today was unacceptable.

As O'Neill says, it's just not clicking at the moment.

I hope we can really turn it on on one of the forthcoming games, but there's no denying that we're running out of time. Even if we do get promoted, to go into the championship hoping that things come together, rather than really producing during the league, it would be a downer.

A lot to sort out in the forthcoming weeks, hopefully more progress will be made.

Incidentally, well done to Kildare Now for being the sole media outlet in the county where you can actually get some decent coverage on a Sunday night. Would it kill KFM, for example, to put up the interviews or have a bit of football discussion?
Back to top Go down
e.s.b.
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:50 am

Having watched the 4 games to date our performances have been underwhelming to say the least. We are undoubtedly in transition so allowances have to be made for that and we have won our 4 games which is the most important thing so credit is due for that. The other positives I take are David Hyland and Cian ODonoghue both who have done very well in all the games plus Johnny Byrne who did well today, The return and form of Kevin Feeley and Dan Flynn have been the two biggest plusses of all, Disappointingly we haven't found any new forward talent so far, maybe some of the u21s will step up.
Where we have gone alarmingly backward as far as I can see is in the number of scoring chances and shots on goal that we are creating throughout all the games which I would be worried about.
I think we have done well in the personnel and freshness brought into the squad but I would be far happier to see this transforming into improved performances over the coming weeks.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:25 am

Crofter wrote:
Think every game is one to be judging us on.

Well what I mean is that of the starting XV I would pick for championship, nine didn't start yesterday. So it's not like it was our best team going at full tilt.

Personally I'm happy with us doing just enough to win games in this division without making huge headlines. The real stuff is almost four months away.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:35 am

O2 who are the 9 players in question? I could only name about 6 who might start in the championship and some are injury prone.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:41 am

Dan Flynn, Moolick, E Doyle, Neill Flynn, P Cribben, M Sherry, O Lyons would be 7 I'd guess

R Houlihan and Healy probably another 2 to consider
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:55 am

We are going to have to rely on some forwards from U21 panel, because clearly what we have at the moment aren't up to it

Last edited by flourman on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:56 am

flourman wrote:
Dan Flynn, Moolick, E Doyle, Neill Flynn, P Cribben, M Sherry, O Lyons would be 7 I'd guess

Wasn't including Lyons as he played most of game but agree with other 6. Would like to see Doyle and Moolick get some full games soon.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:59 am

murof wrote:
flourman wrote:

Wasn't including Lyons as he played most of game but agree with other 6. Would like to see Doyle and Moolick get some full games soon.

Don't forget Donnellan lads. Clear first choice between the sticks now.

Eoin Doyle has been with Flanagan and Murphy in the stands for the last few games. He has a way to go yet.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:59 am

Another player from U21s who impressed me was Luke Flynn, he'd surely be worth another shot on the senior panel
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:55 am

murof wrote:
O2 who are the 9 players in question? I could only name about 6 who might start in the championship and some are injury prone.

Ollie Lyons, Eoin Doyle, Emmet Bolton, Ryan Houlihan, Tommy Moolick, Daniel Flynn, Paul Cribbin, Neil Flynn and Mark Sherry.

I know two of them came on yesterday which is why I said starting 15.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:59 am

FWIW if everyone was fit my Championship XV would be something like: Donnellan; P Kelly, Hyland, Lyons; Doyle, Bolton, Houlihan; Moolick, Feely; Dan Flynn, O'Flaherty, Cribbin; N Flynn, Sherry, N Kelly.

I know a couple of those haven't proved themselves at this level but I believe in their potential.

But anyway the point is that the team picked yesterday was nowhere near our strongest. We're experimenting. I'd say a couple of boys starting these matches are playing for a place on the championship panel more than a place on the championship team.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:16 pm

Oh and I forgot Donnellan as well which makes it 10.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:31 pm

Like the look of that team O2. Only change would be in the half back line: along the lines of O'Donoghue, Doyle, Byrne (Houlihan)
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:59 pm

I've never seen Mark Sherry play full forward. Has he played there much?
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:43 pm

O2 agree with that team apart from the half back line. Couldn't have a loose marker like Bolton at 6, either Doyle or Conway would be far better there. I think Houlihan would need to play a few league matches before I'd be confident he would be better than Byrne or O'Donoghue who have both done well there lately.
As I said a few of that team are injury prone, in particular Doyle, Kelly and Cribben so the players playing now need to show more to give us confidence that they can step up.
Any way good to hear the manager is not happy about yesterday, the previous manager would have probably said something totally different.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:28 am

Yeah fair enough the half-back line is far from nailed on. Nor is full forward obvious just think Sherry has something. To answer your question Jim, he's played there a bit, most recently for IT Carlow this year.
The man I think could make a serious difference at 14 is in Perth unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:49 am

Ah ok yea he's definitely worth a look at it i suppose.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:59 am

Agree that we need to look at some other options in the forwards.

The free taking looks up in the air. Although Neil Flynn is very reliable. . Without Adam tyrell ( how is his injury ) we have no left foot free taker. Which will be an issue at some stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Limerick   

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Limerick
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3