Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

General GAA - AOB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:16 am

There's a good discussion on the splitting Dublin idea on Colm Parkinson's podcast out today... I think yesterday's result has put it back on the agenda. Expect it to go into overdrive if Dublin win final.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:24 am

great post flamingo. agree with you 100 % . since that pillar era era they used to shout in opposition faces when they got a free and run over to the hill , they seem a likeable bunch.
watching the dublin ladies the other night too there seems to be a huge emphasis on skills .
There tackling and skills are top class .
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:39 am

sarsno1 wrote:
great post flamingo. agree with you 100 % . since that pillar era era they used to shout in opposition faces when they got a free and run over to the hill , they seem a likeable bunch.
watching the dublin ladies the other night too there seems to be a huge emphasis on skills .
There tackling and skills are top class .

Hard to be critical of either posts. As you said flamingo once Gilroy took over the emphasis was on bettering the player and improving their skill and ethic. They have come on leaps and bounds and now that Gavin has had them under his rein the professionalism and willingness to win is unreal. They are a serious outfit and could compete at this level for years to come. Just as you see Brogan having a bit part you now have the likes of O'Callaghan taking up the mantle. Yes it's hard to watch as we play catch up in Kildare but it's what every team is aiming to achieve. I was speaking to a member of their U-17 panel recently and once they finished school for the summer, the panel had the use on Abbottstown for three to four days a week and days not evenings either as their coaching setup can accommodate it so it really is mapped out for them from underage.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:33 am

Grange are in between Athy and Castledermot. They would have areas like Maganey and Kilkea. Not exactly brimming with potential county stars down south sadly.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:27 pm

With the current fundraising efforts for Adam Burke.. can anyone with the knowledge let us know what exactly the Club Players Insurance covers ?.. if anything ?.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:40 am

On the now resurgent Dub split debate, have to give huge credit to Alan Brogan. He was asked about it the other day and rather than the usual kneejerk rubbish he gave a considered response. He made the fair point that at All Ireland level, it's important to wait and see if it's cyclical.

But I think what a lot of us are sick pointing out at this stage is that at provincial level, this is inarguably, empirically not cyclical. They have just won an unprecedented seven in a row, which featured what - in a better run organisation - would be a watershed 30-point annihilation of Westmeath. This is on the back of a previous five in a row from 05-09.

They have every chance of doing ten in a row in Leinster. Counties like Laois, Westmeath and Offaly have already stopped going. I do think we are on the precipice of Kildare and Meath fans knocking it on the head as well. In that scenario, Dubs are no longer a cash cow and Leinster council has an unprecedented crisis on its hands. Not that we haven't been warning them about it for the past few years.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:38 pm

Superb piece by Eamon Donoghue in Irish Times this morning outlining why Kevin Feely deserves an All Star. It's inarguable tbh. He was up against the outstanding team in the country in Leinster final and destroyed their midfield.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/gaa-statistics-should-anyone-outside-of-mayo-and-dublin-win-an-all-star-1.3212631?mode=amp
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:11 am

Dan Flynn's scores from play right up there at the top (above any Dub forward) interestingly also. Not suggesting he deserves an All Star but impressive performance all the same. I'd imagine Feely will at least get nominated for an All Star. Deserves to be anyway.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:51 am

There will be no kildare player on the All Star team.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:22 am

OK so here we go! Logic has to say the Dubs but Mayo are having such a mental year and refuse to go away.
They also have the pace and power to stick with the Dubs and even we showed in brief spurts that they can be opened up when they get ran at.
I still think that the likes of Cillian O'Connor and Keegan have bigger games in them. I know everyone talks about the Dubs' bench but if Mayo get a good start and force the hand earlier than planned it will be interesting.
I think one big minus for Mayo is that Andy Moran, who is in my mind their best player all year, could be held by the likes of Cooper.

We will have another AOS sideshows no doubt in terms of his position. I still think we should have bombarded the Dubs that day and I still think if a team is brave enough to leave a big man WITH support right on his toes there could be joy.
Putting AOS at full forward and then isolating him is pointless, but putting O'Connor and Moran very close means the odd aerial route should be an option. No point doing like other years when he gets a bouncing ball played in front of him.
Think start him at 11 but base him slightly further back around centre back where he is facing his own goal and building from the back.

I have a feeling Mayo by 2! I really hope they do it.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:56 am

Concession of goals has always been the undoing Mayo. Despite the 2 early goals conceded against Donegal they only lost by 4. They led Dublin by 4 early on the following year only for the goalie to hand Brogan a tap in. They had Kerry beat in 15 until Donaghy came on to set up a late goal for Donoghue.
Then there was the bizarre own goals last year. They will need to hit the net at least twice themselves but are capable of doing that.
We should have scored 3 goals against Dublin so it can be done.
Would be wonderful for football if they did.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:28 am

Certainly an intriguing clash. Mayo definitely capable of doing it, although my honest feeling is it will be another close battle, with Dubs' extra quality upfront and strength in depth edging it for them once more - basically a repeat of past couple of years. Hope I'm wrong.

Jim McGuinness predicting a Mayo win - not a prediction I'd take lightly. As Murof says, football could do with it. Mind you, expect most counties not to learn from it. Donegal in 2014 offered a blueprint as to how Dubs could be beaten. The following year it was completely ignored by everyone, including us.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:52 pm

This could go 2 ways imo. Mayo to stay with Dublin and a tight game throughout same as last year or a dub stroll in the park. I am hoping for the first one
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Any truth in this:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrones-cathal-mccarron-set-for-club-switch-to-kildare-36127577.html
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:52 pm

Looks like there is, big boost for Athy.

As for Sunday, I haven't believed in fairytales since I was a child. Dublin will win and win convincingly. They can match Mayo's best in all areas and then take them to another level. They will target O'Shea and O'Connor and leave Mayo with nowhere to go.

Dublin by 5
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:03 pm

standhimup wrote:
Any truth in this:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrones-cathal-mccarron-set-for-club-switch-to-kildare-36127577.html

I'd say Cian O'Neill will be keeping an eye on this situation if not already
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:20 pm

jj wrote:
standhimup wrote:
Any truth in this:

I'd say Cian O'Neill will be keeping an eye on this situation if not already
he's has to play in club championship before he gets inter county transfer
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:37 pm

We have previous in arranging things like that fone !!
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:43 pm

jj wrote:
he never said he quitting Tyrone
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:03 am

fone wrote:
jj wrote:
he never said he quitting Tyrone

Ah I know, I'm only speculating. You'd have to think it'd be hard for him to do the travelling though. If he was going to do the travelling to Tyrone training I'd imagine he'd stay with the club too though.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out. He'd certainly be a welcome addition to Kildare panel in my book
Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:07 am

Can he hold a hurley the right way up ? If so he'll be sorted.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:13 am

He won't quit Tyrone but would you want him?!
Back to top Go down
bigball
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:15 am

Woulndt want him representing kildare
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:16 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
He won't quit Tyrone but would you want him?!

I would not want him lining out for Kildare for one.
If anyone missed his chat with Ger Gilroy you would know why. And that goes for the Athy lads too.
Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:18 am

a dodgy video, a few bets and keeping dodgy company. Never mind the county team, get him on the CB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next