Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

General GAA - AOB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:19 am

Video and so on may have made news but not my business. As someone mentioned, the Ger interview would explain why I do have an issue.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:19 am

You have to give people a second chance but if you go by that interview he does some across as a vicious little fu**er who has no remorse on anything bad he has done.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:18 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Video and so on may have made news but not my business. As someone mentioned, the Ger interview would explain why I do have an issue.

Didn't hear the Ger interview so can't really comment on that. In relation to his issues surrounding his gambling addiction it's certainly not a reason to exclude him on. He was a chronic gambler and quite literally did anything to satisfy that at the time.
On a purely footballing level he would have to be a decent addition if he chose to declare
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:29 am

Zero problem with that JJ, nor the video actually. Tragic rather than wrong. His attitude to a 15-year-old underage girl in Kildare town however troubles me hugely.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:53 am

Gambling can be a devastating illness but does not excuse some of his previous behaviour .
obviously all speculation at the moment anyway but id being saying jog on cathal.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:00 am

Not up to speed on that one Tommy but the optics certainly don't sound good. Dodgy ground there to say the least
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:06 am

Just some context here. I say give a person numerous chances to overcome an addiction but don't use their vice as a catch-all excuse.

http://www.offtheball.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/Highlights_from_Off_The_Ball/50408/Cathal_McCarron_interview
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:26 am

fair play for putting that up.never heard it . super interview .
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:04 am

sarsno1 wrote:
Gambling can be a devastating illness but does not excuse some of his previous behaviour .
obviously all speculation at the moment anyway but id being saying jog on cathal.

Did you tell Alan Smith to jog on?

He's a very good defender, would love to see him in a Kildare jersey.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:02 am

Taibi, cathal mccarron is not a kildare man thus should not represent kildare. I know we have had outsiders play with us before but i believe itd be far sweeter to win something with kildare men on the field. And thats without even mentioning his personal issues.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:17 am

Bigball, did you celebrate the Leinster titles in 98 and 2000 with a Corkman, a Kerry man and a Tipp man all lining out for Kildare?

I didn't see you objecting to Éanna O'Connor playing for us. Is he not high profile enough for you?

I have no objection to McCarron playing for us once he's playing with a Kildare club. His personal life doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Certain people on here would have you think he was a criminal, they don't need look beyond their own club for them.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:28 am

probably going down the wrong road on this discussion . everyone will have there own opinion.
love to see mayo do it at the weekend. good club action to look forward to aswell
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:24 am

Yeah I think some have made it clear why they would rather him not play and others have no issues with him. That is fair enough.

Another bit of craic in the ongoing war of camogie v ladies football happening now in Kildare...
Balyna ladies have a county final on Saturday. The JTB camogie are in the county semi 20 hours later. They requested a change but no dice.
Option 1 they asked that their semi be put back a week and county final on the 31st. Told no as Leinster Camogie say final has to be played before Sept 24th. Kildare champs play Offaly champs on Oct 15th and Offaly Final is on at the end of Sept.
Option 2 was to have the semi on during the week and then have five days to prep for Final. Both turned down.

I am told that the camogie fixtures were out and set in stone before the ladies fixtures, but it´s another case of total inflexibility. I know most here don´t give a shite about hurling but it is something that is a constant for female players all over the county.
The Limerick County Football Final at 9am is another mental example.

I know there is often calls for a merger of all three organisations but I honestly don´t think the GAA has the stomach to be reffing the internal squabbles.

Last edited by Flamingo on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:30 am

Flamingo, Don't worry CCC are definitely not sexist when f***ing around with hurling in the county. Don't they discriminate.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:35 am

Talking to member of athy Gaa he said cathal mc carron will continue to play for Tyrone
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:45 am

fone wrote:
Talking to member of athy Gaa he said cathal mc carron will continue to play for Tyrone

Irish News article saying the same

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2017/09/15/news/no-chance-of-me-lining-out-for-kildare-insists-tyrone-star-cathal-mccarron-1136732/
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:10 pm

McCarron be eligible to feature this year if transfer went through?
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:51 pm

Athy have a good chance of winning champ this year imo without Mccarron Smile
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:39 am

Whether he transfers or not doesn't bothered me. However did James Kavanagh not say the same when he moved to Galway. Then the reality of travel when your new club is local had him in a Galway Jersey pretty quickly.

When he's not travelling home for club and he's training with Athy suddenly that long weekday journey four times a week probably won't seem as appealing.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:54 am

Sunday!
In terms of the game i was listening to the GAA hour the other day and they reckon Mayo could spring a few more surpises in terms of Lee Keegan at centre forward or a few other big switches. That would tie up the sweeper and then in turn O´Shea in at FF with proper support.

Also, and this is a fair point, O´Callaghan and Scully have never been in a real battle. They are class but coming up against the likes of Higgins or Boyle is something totally new.

And in terms of the bench if Gavin needs to bring in subs earlier than planned, these guys have only come on at the tail end of cake walks. I know their ability and mental fortitude can´t be questioned but their match sharpness might not be up to speed.

I still am thinking Mayo by 2!

PS On the other thing I still don´t want him playing for Kildare. O'Dwyer wasn't getting a shout with Kerry. Murphy same with Cork and Lacey was tempted when Tipp were very poor.
Look at the shite when SJ came and he had no baggage...I didn't like that at the time either.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:49 am

Lee keegan will man mark kilkenny and mayo will win by 2 points
Back to top Go down
umpireonditch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:14 am

I was told before that Tyrones Dub based players could be getting as much as €500 a week in travel expenses. That'd keep me gong up and down the road!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:25 am

Do the Kildare Players not get a mileage expense ?.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:42 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Do the Kildare Players not get a mileage expense ?.
inter county players between 0.62.5 and 0.65 cent per mile . I say Club Tyrone helps players a lot
Back to top Go down
intheback
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Will he be playing the huring down here ? Maybe he cud get some tips off a lad who hurled before...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next