Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

General GAA - AOB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:56 am

Lillywhite88 wrote:
for a good few underage matches in newbridge and intermediate championship matches in newbridge, there wasnt enough umpires assigned for the matches..this isnt an anti county board post, but something needs to be done at this....supporters being stung at a championship match to umpire or do the line is wrong and puts them in awkward postions. sorry for the off topic post

Are you willing & able Lilywhite88 ??? It can be difficult for refs/CB officers to get volunteers at times. Now if somebody were to draw up a list of volunteers who could be contacted, say by text, in the few days before the big games.... If CB published a mobile number for volunteers to text and publish the response over, say a week, it would be a good indicator........ ????????????

And , no, I am not a volunteer, the eyes & reactions are no longer up to the task,,,
Back to top Go down
bk 1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:23 am

Having umpired many times in Newbridge and hawkfield in football and hurling for our club ref I know the ref is asked to bring umpires .the refs normally have the same lads giving up there time to do it. But unlike other country that gives the umpires a pass to get into matches this doesn't happen in kildare. I know that the refs are not happy about it and here lies the problem with getting then.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:03 pm

Surely Umpires don't have to pay in to matches they're officiating ?.
Back to top Go down
bk 1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:30 am

No not the game they umpire but if the leave the grounds to go to the shop or to get something to eat they not aloud back in.. if they leave and go to hawkfield or Newbridge say to watch there own club there being charged after the given up there day to help the ref on the request of the county board. The referees aren't happy with this and as far as I know it's going to come to a head shortly.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:59 am

That's bad form.. but not surprising.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:18 am

Your saying bk1 that if an umpire is doing a game helping out a ref then he goes to another venue to watch his own club play and has to pay in what is wrong with that? A player playing a league game pays into games let him pay like the rest of us if they wants to do let them if they dont who cares
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:33 am

That All Stars is some pile.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:00 pm

Dean Rock ahead of Ciaran Kilkenny and McLoughlin on the half forward line is a joke.. Rock played mostly at corner forward.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Has anyone told HG yet? #nofeely
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:59 pm

I see the mad debate over the All Star team each year, but am I alone in not really caring? I get it might be a great personal honour, but individual awards in a team sport are always going to be subjective and frankly if you didn't win a couple of months ago it's little consolation, and if you did they don't matter. Old days where they were for best players over a season from all counties drew more interest. Now a standard formula of 12+ for finalists split in favour of winners with three or less as tokens for semi-final losers/provincial winners. All very boring.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:56 am

Ask the 6 Mayo lads if they don’t matter? Or Martin Lynch, Dermot Earley, Johnny Doyle etc.

For fans it’s an interesting diversion nothing else. But life is full of interesting and necessary diversions.

To coin a phrase “it is what it is”
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:11 am

They looked like a line up of fellas heading for the day in the bog.. miserable... maybe it would be better if they were presented later in the night when everyone's half pissed.. even Joanne Cantwell bless her.
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:32 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Has anyone told HG yet?  #nofeely
he must heartbroken.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:59 am

Cavanagh ahead of Feely? It's a fit-up etc.

In all seriousness, I would have Feely ahead of Cavanagh and definitely Keegan in the team. Delighted for Andy Moran though who has improved more than possibly any player I have ever seen; beyond recognition.

I'll be honest, didn't rate him before 2015; thought he was too awkward on the ball and couldn't score against the big teams (Tomas O'Connor syndrome). But against Dublin that year, he has this magic moment where he fielded a long ball in in, steamed past his marker and set up brilliant goal for Cillian O'Connor.

This year he was simply demonic, unmarkable. The fact Mayo have received two successive FOTY awards does at least acknowledge the massive contribution they have made to championship this decade. We all know Dubs' financial doping means championship is loaded in their favour over the long haul, but the way Mayo have competed so ferociously against them and pushed them to the absolute brink several times genuinely shames many counties.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:05 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Am I alone in not really caring?

Yes. Hope that clears that up for you Tommy.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:52 pm

It's worth celebrating Paul Divilly's Christy Ring award not that RTE gave them much airing - a 10 sec pan of the camera!
Well done Paul
Back to top Go down
fone
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:38 am

No change at top of Kildare Gaa for 2018
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:23 pm

At the recent County board meeting the Exec announced a review of the football and hurling champ structures and it will be inviting input from the clubs. It will be interesting to see if there will be any change, the current format is good it feels like a real championship, is it better than the group type champ ??

I doubt clubs ill want to reduce the number of clubs in the senior and inter champs as it would be akin to Turkeys voting for Christmas but we will see....
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:39 am

I think the way the champ is at the minute is good for intermediate and senior. Junior is difficult as there are low numbers. It would prob make more sense to even the numbers alright but as you said I cannot see that passing with clubs
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:00 am

Maybe let some second teams into It? Like other counties do or in the past.
Moorefield and Sarsfields have a strangle hold on the Reserve A at moment and regularly do well in the Jack Higgins final(I know it's not a priority) but they are playing the champions of that champ who will be intermediate next year..so would be able to compete.

Or reduce the teams in senior/intermediate...might increase the standard in all levels.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:43 am

Anyone know what is the latest in relation to having a minor championship in Kildare in 2018 or is it U17 from now on.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:24 am

It'd be great to see clubs like Kildangan Athgarvan and Ardclough compete in the junior A year in year out. Im not sure how the funding gets allocated but id hope that clubs like those that I have mentioned get more than their fair share of it. Kildare needs every club maximising their potential if we are to produce top qualilty footballers on a consistent basis.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 am

Are you for real, bigball? The CB couldn't give two fucks about some of the bigger and medium sized clubs, never mind the small ones.

Spotted this on Twitter earlier today from a disgruntled U21 club player. He loves attention but makes his point well here.

Have to laugh at posters in another thread moaning about our clubs pathetic record in Leinster. Look at what players have to deal with in their own county first, if they haven't already walked away that is.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:43 pm

bigball wrote:
It'd be great to see clubs like Kildangan Athgarvan and Ardclough compete in the junior A year in year out. Im not sure how the funding gets allocated but id hope that clubs like those that I have mentioned get more than their fair share of it. Kildare needs every club maximising their potential if we are to produce top qualilty footballers on a consistent basis.

Nothing to do with funding in ardclough. They just have little interest in football.
Its mainly a hurling club. They won the senior this year in hurling.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:38 pm

Bulldog wrote:
Anyone know what is the latest in relation to having a minor championship in Kildare in 2018 or is it U17 from now on.
This change is coming since late 2015, surely plans are in place to address it? Then again maybe not
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 28 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next