Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Kildare Club Championship 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon May 30, 2016 8:49 pm

Enjoyed a few games over the weekend and was talking to a few players and they, like myself, a bit pissed off that that's most probably it now till near the end of August.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon May 30, 2016 8:52 pm

For me, Carbury v allenwood and castledermot v monasterevin are the pick of the draws.

I agree micky re intermediate and they're far more entertaining.

Regarding the shop Taibi, there were families and older people with no access to a cupa or a drop of water.. having been there on the Saturday, I knew to bring the water, others didn't.. real shame.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Mon May 30, 2016 11:18 pm

Just on the Carbury Sash game yesterday evening, it was an enthralling game which developed into a shootout between Ray Cahill and Eoin Flats, some of the scores kicked by both players were out of the very top drawer, particularly Ray's last score from underneath the stand.

Carbury have always given Sarsfields problems in the championship so that was a very big win for our lads. If Eoin is on song as he was last night Carbury will give any team they meet their fill of it.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Tue May 31, 2016 12:14 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
Enjoyed a few games over the weekend and was talking to a few players and they, like myself, a bit pissed off that that's most probably it now till near the end of August.

It's a big problem.. we will lose a few boys to the states now, as with only a handful of league games left, and who can blame them.
Fellas are not gonna hang around waiting for a match that may not happen till August.
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Tue May 31, 2016 2:35 am

The potential for a leixlip Derby catches the eye. Only got 2 games in over the weekend. Sarah carbury game was a good one for the neutral.
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Tue May 31, 2016 2:40 am

Carburyhill wrote:
Have to say the refs in kildare are shocking I was at 3 games and they were terrible especially the ref for my own club against sarsfields it's hard enough trying to beat the co champs but with the ref against you as well it tough he caused us the game he was brutal rant over.

I'm not one bit surprised with that. Brendan Hickey is by far the worst ref in Kildare and he has a serious agenda with teams from north of the county. He is so biased with his decisions that i wouldn't be surprised if he got belted out in the field someday. With refereeing like that your going to incite trouble.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Tue May 31, 2016 3:17 am

Some of the post match reports on kfm were hilarious, and I appreciate it's not the easiest job in the world. . The standout being the Rathangan v ellistown one.
Although the pick had to be peter kellys point, which the report claimed was carried from full back position, soloed the length of the field and fisted over the bar.. while kelly was wearing no.3, he played most of the match at centre forward.
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Tue May 31, 2016 6:34 am

Think Carbury can feel very hard done by!! Couldn't see where the peno came from!!! Moorefield looked good even with missing a few key players. Also over the weekend we saw some really good displays of free-taking, and pressure kicks too!! Chris Fenner and Noel Byrne ( I think) from Raheens!!!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Tue May 31, 2016 6:37 am

I know I am biased but the penalty looked fairly obvious to me, it was a high tackle not dirty or malicious but he did catch him above the shoulder, if it was out the field it is a free so inside the square it must be a penalty.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Tue May 31, 2016 11:33 pm

Kilcock had a narrow win over nurney last night
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:56 am

Ah now topcat it was no peno the Sash player went down very easily maybe looking for a peno? Also Chalkie should have being sent off after coming on the ref went over to the lines man The lines man told him what happened very clearly and was over ruled just two incidents against Carbury.
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:33 am

I thought The peno was soft myself. The player definitely went looking for it. Such a pity we have to wait the whole summer for the second round now
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:24 am

Celbridgelad wrote:
I thought The peno was soft myself. The player definitely went looking for it. Such a pity we have to wait the whole summer for the second round now

We mightn have to wait that long lad.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:54 am

No denying the peno was soft but I would still expect it to be given as it was a high tackle as I said no malice or dirt in it but those tackles are always given as frees so if inside the square it has to be a penalty.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:03 am

steviegenius wrote:
Ah now topcat it was no peno the Sash player went down very easily maybe looking for a peno? Also Chalkie should have being sent off after coming on the ref went over to the lines man The lines man told him what happened very clearly and was over ruled just two incidents against Carbury.  
Surprised to hear that about such a fine sporting lad Shocked
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:45 pm

To give a penalty in a championship match the ref has to be 100% sure I agree that if he was fouled outside the big box that it would be a free but a peno for that no way. Anyways Carbury have a nice game to look forward to when ever it comes around to get back on track..
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:16 pm

steviegenius wrote:
To give a penalty in a championship match the ref has to be 100% sure I agree that if he was fouled outside the big box that it would be a free but a peno for that no way. Anyways Carbury have a nice game to look forward to when ever it comes around to get back on track..

Are refs instructed to treat fouls in the penalty area differently than those out the field?
Surely if it's a foul outside the penalty area; it's a foul inside inside it - and thus a penalty.
Can't bemoan refs for lack of consistency and then moan when they show some consistency.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:47 am

flourman wrote:
steviegenius wrote:

Are refs instructed to treat fouls in the penalty area differently than those out the field?
Surely if it's a foul outside the penalty area; it's a foul inside inside it - and thus a penalty.
Can't bemoan refs for lack of consistency and then moan when they show some consistency.

Agree Flourman,

Can't be moving the posts because its inside or outside the box. If that was the case we'd let handling the ball on the ground in the small box just a free so..... If he's fouled he's fouled otherwise rules are pointless.

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:28 am

I agree BFB, but it's always sort of thought that a penalty was harder won.. compared to some of the extremely soft frees that are often awarded.. especially to home teams in the SFL.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:46 am

most "soft frees" are for silly tackles
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:49 am

Hard to define a good tackle.. one refs "Good tackle " , is another refs " soft free ".
Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:50 am

Confey 1-16 Larries 1-11, Confey looked decent
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:23 am

Fine result for confey, their a big physical team.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:09 am

Confey are not bad.not serious championship contenders though.
Celbridge or SARS for me
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:10 pm

sarsno1 wrote:
Confey are not bad.not serious championship contenders though.
Celbridge or SARS for me

Jesus I thought that was passed, going to be a long winter for Kildare without a summer of SARS. Hope you are wrong for all concerned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Championship 2016   Today at 2:12 am

Back to top Go down

Kildare Club Championship 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next